Are You Snoring Your Night Away? Tips for Natural Ways to Combat Snoring
1. Find Your Position. Lying on your side instead of your back can help reduce snoring because the angle helps keep your mouth shut and reduces the chances of your tongue falling back in your throat restricting the airway. If you only feel comfortable on your back, try propping your head up on multiple pillows or using an adjustable bed so you’re not completely flat and are able to keep your head and upper body elevated, which opens your airways.
2. Open Passages. Loosening up your airways before heading to bed increase your chances of a good night of rest. Simple ways to do this are taking a hot shower before hitting the hay or using nasal strips that pull your nasal passage open allowing you to breathe better. Consider investing in a humidifier to keep the air moist while you sleep to help your nasal passages stay open throughout the night.
3. Watch Your Weight. Being overweight is a common factor that can increase your chance of a noisy sleep cycle. Extra pounds can add to extra fat tissue on your neck, which tightens and restricts the airways of your throat. Establish a healthier approach to eating and incorporate more fruits and veggies into your diet to reduce your weight and improve your overall health. Add some exercise into the mix, and you’ll fall asleep faster and deeper too!
4. Avoid Alcohol. Drinking your favorite cocktail, wine or beer can lead to snoring because these beverages act as a muscle relaxant, which makes your mouth and throat muscles relax and obstruct your airflow. Try not to sip on anything alcoholic within three hours before bedtime for the best possible night’s sleep.
5. Clean Up. It might seem odd, but allergens in the bedroom could play a factor in why you or a loved one snores. When was the last time you dusted your overhead ceiling fan? What about replacing your pillows or changing out your pillowcases and sheets? The build-up of allergens can cause allergic reactions that may lead to snoring during the night. Give your bedroom a good onceover to help yourself drift off into a quiet, dream-filled night.
Envolve, Inc.® is a family of health solutions, working together to make healthcare simpler, more effective and more accessible for everyone. As an agent for change in healthcare, Envolve is committed to transforming the health of the community, one person at a time. Envolve unifies medical management, utilization management, specialty pharmacy, PBM, vision, dental, behavioral health management, life and health/wellness management, empowerment and education services, telehealth services, 24/7 nurse advice services, and data, analytics and IT solutions. For more information, please visit our website www.envolvehealth.com or contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7700 Forsyth Blvd.
Clayton MO 63105
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release Are You Snoring Your Night Away? Tips for Natural Ways to Combat Snoring here
News-ID: 965089 • Views: 210
More Releases from Envolve Health
Breakfast with Benefits: Tips to Make Your First Meal Healthier
You’ve heard the old adage that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but with busy schedules, it can be hard to grab anything – let alone a healthy meal – in the morning. The truth is that starting your day with the right nutrients doesn’t have to be hard or time consuming. The health experts at Envolve, an integrated healthcare solutions company, have put together five tips
Eat Your Way to a Brighter, Whiter Smile!
A warm, friendly smile is one of the first things you notice when you meet someone. While there are many ways to brighten your smile, did you know that by simply eating certain foods you can increase the sparkle of your pearly whites? The health experts at Envolve, an integrated healthcare solutions company, are pleased to share five foods that are great for your teeth, a bright smile and your
Fight Stress with Delicious Super Foods (Stress Awareness Month)
Between hectic schedules, deadlines and social commitments, it’s no wonder so many of us feel the impact of stress. But did you know certain foods may help you feel more at ease? In honor of Stress Awareness Month, the health experts at Envolve, an integrated healthcare solutions company, are pleased to share five foods that may help you beat stress and reduce some of the tension you’re feeling. 1. Add Avocado.
Tips for Finding the Perfect Primary Care Provider
Selecting the best Primary Care Provider (PCP) for your needs is something people don’t always think about – until they need one. The health experts at Envolve, an integrated healthcare solutions company, are pleased to offer tips to help you get your PCP in place for routine check-ups, as well as during sickness. 1. Research Reviews. Not everything you read on the internet is fact. This is especially true within the medical
More Releases for National
National Smart Home Day
National Smart Home Day Event Press Release National Smart Home Info@NationalSmartHome.org For Immediate Release: National Smart Home Plans National Smart Home Day to help educate and bring awareness to homeowners for smart home living National Smart Home will hold National Smart Home Day on Saturday November 3rd for manufacturers suppliers, dealers and homeowners. The event, which will be held at Rayva Home theaters showroom in Valhalla NY and streamed live across the
From Abracadabra to alakazam magician inline for National award Midlands, Sept. 7. 2016 - A MAGICIAN who has fought back from depression could be in line to win a national award. Eddie Young, who runs PhatMagic, has been nominated for a Kallikids award The 42-year-old, from Branston, set up Phat Magic more than four years ago after his wife, Debbie, bought him a magic set to 'give him something to do' while
National Stress Awareness Day
National Stress Awareness Day is on Wednesday 5th November 2014. Relaxa is offering employee stress & wellbeing health promotion packages starting at £255 on or around this date - incorporating a range of stress & wellbeing activities for your staff. There are 9 cost-effective stress and wellbeing promotion packages available below: 1) Stress Health Promotion Package 1 - £255.00+vat 2) Stress Health Promotion Package 2 - £399.00+vat 3) Stress Health Promotion Package 3
AGRICOM National Workshops Started
Partners from the European AGRICOM project have carried out national workshops in Germany and Greece on February 14th and 15th 2012, respectively. These national workshops, along with the upcoming national workshop in Italy and the Netherlands, support one of the key initial steps of the AGRICOM project, namely the execution of a detailed needs analysis in the agricultural sectors of the partner countries regarding vocational educational training (VET) and competence
The National Trust
The National Trust has reported a substantial increase in its visitor numbers, and retail and catering sales in December 2011 compared to the previous December, despite a backdrop of challenging economic times and lack of consumer confidence. There were more than half-a-million (521,000) visitors to Trust properties in December 2011, an increase of 74 per cent on the previous year*. Factors affecting the large jump in visitor numbers include the mild
National Employability Campaign Begins
Graduates are increasingly unlikely to find themselves with a place on a graduate scheme as the number of student graduating vastly outstrips the number of places available. Despite an expected increase in the number of graduate vacancies in 2011 by 3.8% the number of vacancies offered according to the Association of Graduate Recruiters will still be less than 21,000. The AllAboutCareers.com National Employability Campaign, which is aimed at all undergraduates, hopes