Fight Stress with Delicious Super Foods (Stress Awareness Month)
1. Add Avocado. Adding B-rich avocados to your diet can help elevate your mood. Avocados also contain mono-saturated fat and potassium, which can help lower blood pressure. This creamy, delicious fruit also has shown to ward off hunger, making you less likely to grab a sugar-filled, unhealthy treat when you start feeling the pressure. For an afternoon delight, make a tasty turkey sandwich or salad for lunch and top it off with some avocado slices!
2. Bring Blueberries. These tiny berries pack a powerful punch with their high levels of phytonutrients and an antioxidant called anthocyanin that has been linked to improved thinking. They’re also rich in vitamin C – another natural stress buster. Toss a few in your morning yogurt or pack in your lunch for dessert for that daily boost!
3. Nosh on Nuts. Many nuts, like almonds, walnuts and pistachios, may boost your immune system because of their concentration of vitamin E and zinc. Nuts also contain B-vitamins that help your body combat stress. If you’re an almond lover and want a great breakfast idea, try spreading almond butter on a piece of whole wheat toast for a morning treat! Or simply package up a serving size of your favorite and bring with you for an afternoon snack.
4. Feed on Fatty Fish. A diet rich in omega-3 fatty acids helps keep your cortisol and adrenaline levels from rising when you’re feeling tense or anxious. To keep stress at bay, include fish like salmon, herring and albacore tuna into your food choices. Pair a grilled or baked fillet with your favorite green vegetable, and you’ll have a simple, stress-fighting, nutritious meal.
5. Fill Up on Oatmeal. This complex carbohydrate helps your brain produce serotonin, a feel-good chemical that can help you overcome stress. Go with thick-cut instead of instant oatmeal to enjoy more beta-glucan, a soluble fiber that keeps you fuller and makes you less likely to grab a sugary treat that could cause a greater spike in your blood sugar. Make a big batch on the weekends, then heat it up during the week for a quick and easy meal or snack.
About Envolve, Inc.®
Envolve, Inc.® is a family of health solutions, working together to make healthcare simpler, more effective and more accessible for everyone. As an agent for change in healthcare, Envolve is committed to transforming the health of the community, one person at a time. Envolve unifies medical management, utilization management, specialty pharmacy, PBM, vision, dental, behavioral health management, life and health/wellness management, empowerment and education services, telehealth services, 24/7 nurse advice services, and data, analytics and IT solutions. For more information, please visit our website www.envolvehealth.com or contact us today at email@example.com.
7700 Forsyth Blvd.
Clayton MO 63105
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release Fight Stress with Delicious Super Foods (Stress Awareness Month) here
News-ID: 1000803 • Views: 241
More Releases from Envolve Health
Breakfast with Benefits: Tips to Make Your First Meal Healthier
You’ve heard the old adage that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but with busy schedules, it can be hard to grab anything – let alone a healthy meal – in the morning. The truth is that starting your day with the right nutrients doesn’t have to be hard or time consuming. The health experts at Envolve, an integrated healthcare solutions company, have put together five tips
Eat Your Way to a Brighter, Whiter Smile!
A warm, friendly smile is one of the first things you notice when you meet someone. While there are many ways to brighten your smile, did you know that by simply eating certain foods you can increase the sparkle of your pearly whites? The health experts at Envolve, an integrated healthcare solutions company, are pleased to share five foods that are great for your teeth, a bright smile and your
Tips for Finding the Perfect Primary Care Provider
Selecting the best Primary Care Provider (PCP) for your needs is something people don’t always think about – until they need one. The health experts at Envolve, an integrated healthcare solutions company, are pleased to offer tips to help you get your PCP in place for routine check-ups, as well as during sickness. 1. Research Reviews. Not everything you read on the internet is fact. This is especially true within the medical
Tips for Patient Safety Awareness Week
Going to the hospital can be a nerve-racking event for many reasons but staying safe doesn’t have to be one. In honor of Patient Safety Awareness Week the health experts at Envolve, an integrated healthcare solutions company, are pleased to share five ways you can feel more comfortable and safe during your time at the hospital. 1. Study Up. Before an emergency occurs, find time and research area hospitals so you’re able
More Releases for Add
MindMeister Develops Add-on for Google Docs
MindMeister, the market-leading online mind mapping and brainstorming solution, today announced the release of a free add-on for Google Docs, enabling users to turn bullet point lists into mind maps and automatically insert them into their documents. Following the long and successful partnership between Google and MindMeister, which produced integrations in Google Hangouts and Google Drive, among others, MindMeister was invited to create an add-on for Google Docs, Google’s web-based office
Why OpenERP can add value
So what is OpenERP? OpenERP is a comprehensive suite of business applications designed to automate processes and integrate software infrastructure into one easy to manage solution. It is also worthwhile trying to dissect the name OpenERP to gain more insight: Open stands for Open Source Open Source technologies are growing in popularity at a phenomenal rate. With OpenERP the open source aspect allows free customisation of the software & the absence of
Apple may soon add projector to iPhone
The idea of an iPhone with a projector was first discussed by Apple in 2009. Apple is reportedly looking at the possibility of adding projectors into its iPhones and iPads. According to a blog, Patently Apple, the company has filed for a patent to integrate Pico like projectors in its iOS devices. The level of detail reported in the patent filing is surprising, as Apple looks to have sufficiently advanced on
Henry Tibbs Add Blomus Brand to Website
County Down, Northern Ireland (26 May, 2011) – Henry Tibbs, a leading online retailer of unique designer gifts for men and luxury men’s accessories, announce the addition of the Blomus brand to their website. Blomus is an established German retailer dedicated or producing contemporary, designer products for the home, kitchen, garden and office. Using high quality stainless steel, often combined with ceramics, wood and other materials, Blomus products are manufactured with
Net Price Direct Add New Partyware Ranges
Wigan, United Kingdom (11 February 2011) - Net Price Direct, a leading children and baby toy supplier, are adding six new partyware ranges to the 'Kids Partyware' supplies category on their website. Due to be added in February, the new partyware ranges will include decorations, tableware products, party games and other accessories all in new designs catered to popular children's characters, hobbies and pastimes. This will comprise of themed paper plates
Magic Streetwear Add New Urban Clothing Collections
Bradford, United Kingdom (11 February, 2011) – Magic Streetwear, a leading online supplier of urban and hip hop clothing, announce a new range of urban clothing brands to their online store. Magic Streetwear pride themselves on their ability to provide their customers with the best international urban clothing brands on the market, such as Rocawear, Ringspun and Artful Dodger. Their hip hop clothing is incredibly affordable and competitive to their industry