Tips for Eating Healthy on a Budget
1. Choose Wisely. Fruits and vegetables are staples of a healthy diet. Choose in-season and frozen options to reap nutritional benefits and savings. Beans are an easy and affordable protein substitution for higher-fat meats. For meat, check for price per pound deals and consider buying larger portions and freezing what you don’t use. Ask the butcher for lean and affordable cuts. A simple way to trim the fat from meat is to literally trim the fat. Cut it off before cooking to save unneeded calories. One of the easiest ways to cut down on expenses and reduce high-calorie, unhealthy meals is to eat at home instead of a restaurant or fast food joint. Eating healthy on a budget is much easier done at home.
2. Shop Savvy. Discount grocers and farmers’ markets can offer healthy options at the fraction of the cost of niche stores and premium name brands. In fact, some discount grocers are owned by the same companies as upscale grocers. Do your research and you might be shocked to find that many of the same products are carried in sister stores with different brand names. Be a smart shopper, and don’t let labels and prestige be a hindrance to eating healthy on a budget.
3. Compose and Clip. Did you know that grocery shoppers who plan before they visit the store can save hundreds of dollars on food purchases every year? Making a list – and sticking to it – cuts down on those impulse buys that you really don’t need. Check the weekly advertisements of the grocers in your area to find the best deals on healthy options. Cutting out or printing coupons can also help with savings. Making things even easier, many grocers now have their own apps that let you make a shopping list, “clip” electronic coupons and view their advertised sales. It’s a convenient and simple savings tool right in the palm of your hand and makes eating healthy on a budget easier than ever before!
4. Repurpose and Reuse. Leftovers don’t have to be boring! When planning healthy budget meals, be creative and think about how you can cook once, eat twice. For example, whole chickens are usually a cheaper protein source that can extend into multiple meals. Bake the chicken with veggies for dinner one night, then use the leftovers for the next night’s meal. From tacos to stir-fry to soup, the possibilities are endless! Be imaginative to stretch your dollars as far as possible.
5. Share and Store. Going in with a close friend or family member to purchase discounted bulk items or high-priced food items helps keep your spend and unnecessary food waste down. If you don’t have anyone to share bulk items with, after you purchase large portions of proteins or perishable items, break them down into small individual quantities. Freeze individual packs of food in freezer safe storage bags to allow for fast and easy food preparation when you’re ready to unthaw and cook the item.
Envolve, Inc.® is a family of health solutions, working together to make healthcare simpler, more effective and more accessible for everyone. As an agent for change in healthcare, Envolve is committed to transforming the health of the community, one person at a time. Envolve unifies medical management, utilization management, specialty pharmacy, PBM, vision, dental, behavioral health management, life and health/wellness management, empowerment and education services, telehealth services, 24/7 nurse advice services, and data, analytics and IT solutions. For more information, please visit our website www.envolvehealth.com or contact us today at email@example.com.
7700 Forsyth Blvd.
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release Tips for Eating Healthy on a Budget here
News-ID: 885688 • Views: 149
More Releases from Envolve Health
Breakfast with Benefits: Tips to Make Your First Meal Healthier
You’ve heard the old adage that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but with busy schedules, it can be hard to grab anything – let alone a healthy meal – in the morning. The truth is that starting your day with the right nutrients doesn’t have to be hard or time consuming. The health experts at Envolve, an integrated healthcare solutions company, have put together five tips
Eat Your Way to a Brighter, Whiter Smile!
A warm, friendly smile is one of the first things you notice when you meet someone. While there are many ways to brighten your smile, did you know that by simply eating certain foods you can increase the sparkle of your pearly whites? The health experts at Envolve, an integrated healthcare solutions company, are pleased to share five foods that are great for your teeth, a bright smile and your
Fight Stress with Delicious Super Foods (Stress Awareness Month)
Between hectic schedules, deadlines and social commitments, it’s no wonder so many of us feel the impact of stress. But did you know certain foods may help you feel more at ease? In honor of Stress Awareness Month, the health experts at Envolve, an integrated healthcare solutions company, are pleased to share five foods that may help you beat stress and reduce some of the tension you’re feeling. 1. Add Avocado.
Tips for Finding the Perfect Primary Care Provider
Selecting the best Primary Care Provider (PCP) for your needs is something people don’t always think about – until they need one. The health experts at Envolve, an integrated healthcare solutions company, are pleased to offer tips to help you get your PCP in place for routine check-ups, as well as during sickness. 1. Research Reviews. Not everything you read on the internet is fact. This is especially true within the medical
More Releases for Choose
Why Choose Private Offshore Banking in Belize
Private offshore banking in Belize continues to increase in popularity. Through its continual demonstration of banking compliance with financial industry laws and legislation such as the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act, or FATCA, Belize has established itself as a leader in safe, stable international banking locations. It is entirely normal to have questions about the privacy and stability of offshore banking in Belize when other banking options exist. Recently, Luigi Wewege,
Which Milk to Choose- Goat or Cow
The milk is considered as an imperative part of the dietary system thus advised by doctors and fitness experts to take at least once a day. Small quantity of the milk is even capable to equal several nutritional deficiencies. But the strength of the dairy product varies with its resources. For instance, the goat’s milk is considered over the cow. The goat’s milk is popular in the western world and
When colour is a value – choose Elesa
When colour is a value factor in an engineer’s equipment design brief, then Elesa can now meet that demand. Their ELECOLORS* range offers a perfect aesthetic compatibility between the components and the machines on which they are installed, enhancing the perception of their value and quality. Furthermore, colour allows a better differentiation of different machine functions, contributing to the benefit of the safety. Among its over 40,000 product codes available in
Why To Choose VASER Liposuction?
Often, stubborn fat deposits don’t response to hard-core exercising combined with healthy diet and many people start looking for the most effective way. The less traumatic and minimally invasive surgery works like wonder without affecting internal blood vessels and delicate nerves. What Are The Treatable Areas? Most of the fitness freaks face difficulties when it comes to obtain a fully contoured tummy with the help of balanced diet and high intensity
Why People Choose Budapest for Stag Do
The stag do may be even more important than the wedding. At least for men. This is a once-in-a-lifetime event, when you are lucky enough, so it’s important to find the right place to spend the stag weekend. For the ideal stag do, more and more people choose to go abroad and Budapest is one of the most popular destinations in Europe. No wonder why, Budapest is getting better every year
Why Choose Engineering Education In India?
Nowadays, in India the number of students taking up engineering courses is increasing and this is because of the fact that this branch of study is one among the few professions, where the creativity of the learners can know no bounds. Generally, some people are of the opinion that if they can bring some improvement to the society, they can get a sense of satisfaction. These people can very well