EUR 155,000 for Safe Zones Project
"Tonight is going to rock!" It was with these words that initiators Professor Hans Georg Näder and Peter Maffay opened the 2012 Eichsfeld Festival this past Saturday. Around 25,000 music fans followed the invitation to experience top-class live performances in the Marktstraße of Duderstadt that day. Peter Maffay, Ich + Ich and four regional special guests did more than just wow the audience with their benefit concert. Professor Näder and Peter Maffay collected donations of around EUR 155,000 for their joint "Safe Zones for Children" child welfare project.
Nine hours of pure emotion
The concert was kicked off by the youngsters HansMs. With outstanding interpretations of current rock songs and many of their own acoustic pieces, the trio enchanted the crowd. The Birkungen cover band Princess Jo, familiar from the 2009 Eichsfeld Festival, lured more and more spectators onto the Marktstraße with classic rock such as "Private Dancer" and "What's a Woman". The Maffay Support Project also scored points with classics as well as current hits. 15 musicians from popular regional bands got together as local heroes exclusively for this benefit concert. Hillbilly Schmitt and the Bluehoon Boys proved that the weather cannot dampen high spirits with rockabilly in the rain. In bell-bottoms and Elvis quiff, the four musicians revived popular songs by Buddy Holly, Jerry Lee Lewis and Elvis Presley.
At 8:00 pm on the dot, euphoria spread in an instant from St. Cyriakus to St. Servatius Church. Thousands of fans welcomed the pop music project Ich + Ich to the stage. During the 90-minute performance, lead singer Adel Tawil proved with his show that he is "from the same star" as his audience. He presented hits such as "Stark", "So soll es bleiben" and "Pflaster" in close contact with fans. A spectacular light show lit up the entire downtown area like "the sun at night" when darkness fell. Thunder rolled across the Marktstraße and once again attracted attention to the stage. Longtime friends Professor Näder and Peter Maffay rolled into the limelight on their Harleys – kicking off the finest German rock.
Stirring rock for a good cause
A journey through 30 years of rock history followed until midnight. Peter Maffay and band opened their stupendous show with "Ich kann wenn ich will". A colourful mix of rocking beats and powerful ballads invited the audience to clap, dance and sing along. Sparklers, glow sticks and lighters created the right ambiance. Thanks to the willingness of his audience to make donations, the show wasn't over for Maffay until long after the official concert time.
Proceeds of the SMS fundraising campaign for the child welfare project "Safe Zones for Children" amounted to around EUR 10,000. Ticket sales yielded another EUR 145,000 earmarked for therapy facilities for traumatised children in Duderstadt. "With our safe zones, we want to build bridges for children so they can find their way back to normality," is how Maffay describes his joint intention with Professor Näder. This also served as a segue for his next song "Über sieben Brücken" (Over Seven Bridges) to thank his audience – and goose bumps overcame the old city.
As a reminder of the poignant moments of the music event, a slideshow with photos of all the high points is available under www.eichsfeld-festival.de.
Ottobock - Technology for People
Otto Bock HealthCare helps people maintain or regain their freedom of movement with innovative products. Founded in Berlin back in 1919, the medical technology company has become a global market leader in the field of prosthetics. Other business units include orthotics, Mobility Solutions with wheelchairs, seating systems and child rehabilitation devices as well as, since 2006, neurostimulation. The activities of the global company with sales and service locations in 44 countries are coordinated from the head office in Duderstadt, South Lower Saxony. Professor Hans Georg Näder, the grandson of company founder Otto Bock, took over the management of the family company from his father Dr. Max Näder in 1990 and carried on as the third-generation CEO ever since.
Further information: www.ottobock.com
Director Corporate Communication
Otto Bock HealthCare GmbH, Max-Näder-Str. 15, 37115 Duderstadt
Phone: +49 (0)5527 848-3036, Fax: +49 (0)5527 848-3360
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release EUR 155,000 for Safe Zones Project here
News-ID: 228902 • Views: 2374
More Releases from Otto Bock HealthCare GmbH
World Record: 1002 Kilometres Nonstop
Manfred Putz (Ottobock Handbike Team): "Anything is possible if you just do it" Wheelchair driver and extreme athlete Manfred Putz now (since early on September 22, 2013) holds the world record: He rode a handbike 1002 kilometres since starting on Friday morning at 10 o'clock, with only two one-hour breaks to eat. To put this incredible performance into perspective, remember that a marathon of 42.195 kilometres is considered a long distance.
red dot awards for Ottobock
Awards for three product designs Ottobock impressed the 37 experts of the jury at this year's "red dot award: product design 2013" with its sport prosthesis, 1C63 Triton Low Profile prosthetic foot and Patella Pro knee orthosis. Among a total of 4,662 entries, these medical technical devices were selected both for their innovative concept and their high design quality. The award ceremony for the internationally recognised seal of quality will be
Ottobock expands its production and logistics site in Duderstadt
Investments of 35 million euros from 2013 to 2015 The family-owned business based in Duderstadt, Lower Saxony (Germany), is planning extensive expansion of its production in the areas of Prosthetic Feet and Socket Technologies and of the central logistics hub for its 49 foreign branches located throughout the world. The German global market leader for technical orthopaedics will invest 35 million euros from 2013 to 2015 in around 20,000 square metres of
Ottobock receives four awards at once
Company receives iF design awards Three Ottobock products received an iF product design award 2013, namely the knee orthosis Patella Pro, the Michelangelo Hand and the back orthosis line Soft Backs. In addition to that, the jury awarded the medical technology company an iF communication design award. Ottobock employees accepted the awards on Friday, 22 February 2013 at the BMW Welt in Munich, Germany, which is where the
More Releases for Maffay
DEAG with successful fiscal 2012/Executive Board proposes doubling of dividend
• Strong fourth quarter: Sales revenues +72 %, EBIT +83 % and Group result +76 % • Consolidated sales revenues with a 21.4 % rise for the full year • Earnings per share increase in 2012 despite growth investments to EUR 0.22 per share • Dividend proposal of the Executive Board: 8 cent per share • Further rise in sales revenues and result for 2013 expected Berlin, March 28, 2013 - DEAG Deutsche Entertainment
DEAG earnings per share EUR 0.15 during the first half year 2012 – Strong outl …
• Ergebnis nach Minderheiten im 1. Halbjahr auf Vorjahresniveau • Vorverkaufseinnahmen per 30.06.2012 steigen um 56 % gegenüber Vorjahr • Finanzergebnis verbessert und Minderheitenanteile reduziert Berlin, 28. August 2012 - Die DEAG Deutsche Entertainment AG (WKN A0Z23G) hat im 2. Quartal 2012 mit einem Ergebnis je Aktie (EPS) von 0,11 Euro die eigenen Planungen übertroffen. Im Halbjahr summiert sich das Ergebnis je Aktie damit auf 0,15 Euro und erreicht somit - wie das
DEAG Deutsche Entertainment AG with a successful first quarter 2012
- Sales revenues rise by 14% - Earnings per share of EUR 0.04 despite high advance payments for future concerts - Minority shares further reduced and financial result improved - Foundation for further strong quarters created – outlook positive Berlin, May 30, 2012 - DEAG Deutsche Entertainment AG (ISIN code DE000A0Z23G6) has continued its growth course during the first quarter of fiscal 2012. Sales revenues rose during the seasonally rather weak period by 14%
DEAG Deutsche Entertainment AG increases Group result 2011 by 91% and plans divi …
- Earnings per share rise from EUR 0.11 to EUR 0.21 - Executive board proposes dividend payment for the first time - Positive outlook also for 2012 Berlin, March 22, 2012 – DEAG Deutsche Entertainment AG (ISIN DE000A0Z23G6), listed in the Prime Standard of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange, continued to consolidate its leading market position in fiscal 2011. Despite an altogether challenging market environment, the company succeeded in pursuing its growth course
Meet & Greet – The Scorpions live and in 3D!
By invitation of the Fraunhofer Heinrich Hertz Institute – The Scorpions at CeBIT 2012 Friday 9 March 2012 is the day the Scorpions – the world famous rock band from Hanover – will be dropping in on Cebit 2012. At the Next level S3D special exhibition area in hall 15 at 14:00 hrs they’ll be presenting excerpts from their 2011 Blu-ray “Live in 3D – Get your Sting & Blackout”. The Scorpions’
DEAG increases Group result after nine months by 128 percent
• Group result increase to EUR 2.0 million after EUR 0.9 million during the prior year period • EBIT rises to EUR 5.7 million (EUR 3.6 million) • EBITDA grows to EUR 6.5 million (EUR 4.4 million) • Sales revenues increase to EUR 93.9 million (EUR 83.3 million) Berlin, November, 25, 2011 - DEAG Deutsche Entertainment AG (ISIN DE000A0Z23G6) has continued its growth course with a significant, disproportionate rise in Group results during the first nine months of