Tips for Patient Safety Awareness Week
1. Study Up. Before an emergency occurs, find time and research area hospitals so you’re able to choose with confidence the venue when you or a loved one needs medical attention. Compare it with other hospitals on measures of patient safety like infections and mortality rates. Be proactive and know what to expect before you arrive so you don’t run into any surprises.
2. Prep & Plan. If you’re scheduling a surgery or choosing a hospital for delivery of a child, schedule a visit to multiple hospitals. Make sure you understand who the care team is, what provider/surgeon will be performing your procedure, and what the pre, during and post rooms look like. Use online reviews and recommendations from your primary care provider or friends who have used the facilities. Understanding what to expect along your hospital journey will help ease your mind and keep stress levels down while you receive care.
3. Keep It Clean. If you’re expecting to stay for an extended period of time, bring disinfected wipes, the hand sanitizer you prefer to use and even your own pillow case if you like. Be aware of the objects and people you come in contact with at the hospital and in your assigned room. Use hand sanitizer or wash your hands frequently. Use your own items or wipe down items in the room throughout your stay.
4. Bring a Friend. It’s nice to have two sets of eyes and ears to better understand what’s going on around you. In the presence of providers, nurses, medical machinery and other patients it can be overwhelming when you’re receiving treatment. Make sure you choose a friend or family member who is willing to ask questions and keep track of your care should you become unable to do so. Having someone with you will provide that extra needed support!
5. Take Note. Have your family member or friend take notes. Make sure you understand every test and every medication being administered during your stay. If you don’t understand - ask! There can be a lot of information to take in so keeping track of your treatment and knowing what is coming next will help you and your caregiver better understand what to expect. Request copies of after-care instructions and all of the discharge paperwork at discharge.
Envolve, Inc.® is a family of health solutions, working together to make healthcare simpler, more effective and more accessible for everyone. As an agent for change in healthcare, Envolve is committed to transforming the health of the community, one person at a time. Envolve unifies medical management, utilization management, specialty pharmacy, PBM, vision, dental, behavioral health management, life and health/wellness management, empowerment and education services, telehealth services, 24/7 nurse advice services, and data, analytics and IT solutions. For more information, please visit our website www.envolvehealth.com or contact us today at email@example.com.
7700 Forsyth Blvd.
Clayton MO 63105
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release Tips for Patient Safety Awareness Week here
News-ID: 976756 • Views: 236
More Releases from Envolve Health
Breakfast with Benefits: Tips to Make Your First Meal Healthier
You’ve heard the old adage that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but with busy schedules, it can be hard to grab anything – let alone a healthy meal – in the morning. The truth is that starting your day with the right nutrients doesn’t have to be hard or time consuming. The health experts at Envolve, an integrated healthcare solutions company, have put together five tips
Eat Your Way to a Brighter, Whiter Smile!
A warm, friendly smile is one of the first things you notice when you meet someone. While there are many ways to brighten your smile, did you know that by simply eating certain foods you can increase the sparkle of your pearly whites? The health experts at Envolve, an integrated healthcare solutions company, are pleased to share five foods that are great for your teeth, a bright smile and your
Fight Stress with Delicious Super Foods (Stress Awareness Month)
Between hectic schedules, deadlines and social commitments, it’s no wonder so many of us feel the impact of stress. But did you know certain foods may help you feel more at ease? In honor of Stress Awareness Month, the health experts at Envolve, an integrated healthcare solutions company, are pleased to share five foods that may help you beat stress and reduce some of the tension you’re feeling. 1. Add Avocado.
Tips for Finding the Perfect Primary Care Provider
Selecting the best Primary Care Provider (PCP) for your needs is something people don’t always think about – until they need one. The health experts at Envolve, an integrated healthcare solutions company, are pleased to offer tips to help you get your PCP in place for routine check-ups, as well as during sickness. 1. Research Reviews. Not everything you read on the internet is fact. This is especially true within the medical
More Releases for Patient
Interactive Patient Care
In 2018, the global Interactive Patient Care market size was xx million US$ and it is expected to reach xx million US$ by the end of 2025, with a CAGR of xx% during 2019-2025. This report focuses on the global Interactive Patient Care status, future forecast, growth opportunity, key market and key players. The study objectives are to present the Interactive Patient Care development in United States, Europe, China, Japan, Southeast
Patient Registry Software
The Patient Registry is a collection of data about the individuals with a specific diagnosis or with the specific risk factors for a disease. Patient registry have various uses such as, to establish characteristics of the disease, monitoring of treatment, and management in clinics. These patient registry software are configurable and offers unparalleled flexibility allowing user to design databases according to data collection needs. These registries are global online databases
Patient Portal Software Market
Patient Portal Software Market The study on the global Patient Portal Software Market which is backed by extensive primary and detailed secondary research, involving numerous static databases, national government documentation, latest news articles, press releases, company annual reports, financial reports, pertinent patent and administrative databases, as well as a range of internal and external proprietary databases. Request for a free sample report @ https://www.reportsmonitor.com/request_sample/105448 Giving a fleeting introduction to the prerequisites of the industry, the report starts
Patient Engagement Solutions Market
Patient engagement solutions help patients manage their healthcare information and allows for greater interataction of the medical team with the patients. It is essential for to provide the necessary tools to actively engage in the management of their own health. Better access to healthcare providers and personal healthcare information helps patients to assists effective self-care. Cost-effective healthcare, increased patient outreach, fewer complications, lower hospital readmission rates, shorter hospitalization periods,
Global Patient Warming System Market
Global Patient Warming System Market Research Report 2018 to 2025 provides a unique tool for evaluating the market, highlighting opportunities, and supporting strategic and tactical decision-making. This report recognizes that in this rapidly-evolving and competitive environment, up-to-date marketing information is essential to monitor performance and make critical decisions for growth and profitability. It provides information on trends and developments, and focuses on markets and materials, capacities and technologies, and on
Patient Safety 2017
Conference Series LLC takes immense pleasure & feels honored in inviting all the speakers across the globe to attend the “World Congress on Patient Safety & Quality Healthcare” scheduled during September 04-05, 2017 in London, UK. Target Spectators: We extend warm welcome to distinguished Nobel laureates, Researchers, Professors, Healthcare Professionals, Registered Nurses, Young Researchers, Students, Delegates and Exhibitors around the world to explore the Knowledge in Patient Safety and Healthcare. Theme: