Ads Manager (© Creative-Touch / Fotolia.com)
Ads manager is a feature offered on the popular social networking tool Facebook. Ads manager is a free tool that allows you to view, modify, and see the results of your Facebook ads. Essentially, it is an ad campaign command center that manages when and where your ads will run and tracks how well ad campaigns are performing.
Social media sites have changed the way people communicate. It’s also changed the way that businesses reach their audience. Of all the social media platforms, Facebook is one of the most popular, with an estimated 1.4 billion people actively using the site on a daily basis for more than 50 minutes a day. Given those numbers, it makes sense that so many marketers use the site to advertise their businesses.
If you are a business owner who is looking to reach a larger audience, you should seriously consider turning to Facebook. At first glance, advertising on this social media site can seem intimidating; however, if you dive a little deeper, you will find that it’s not as complicated as it might seem. In fact, it’s actually pretty simple, thanks to tools like Ads Manager.
What is Facebook Ads Manager?
Facebook Ads Manager is a free tool offered by the social media site. It allows marketers to set up, make changes to, an manage their ad campaigns on the site. Through Facebook Ads manager, you will be able to:
- Set up your Facebook ad campaign
- Develop new ads
- Manage bids for Facebook ads
- Target various type of audiences
- Optimize your Facebook Ad campaign
- Keep tabs on the performance of your ad campaign
Through ads manager, you can even perform A/B testing on your ad campaigns!
Where is Ads Manager Located?
Accessing ads manager is simple: just log into your Facebook account and click on the drop down arrow located in the upper right hand corner. Select “manage ads” and you will be redirected to the page for your Facebook Ad account. If you have multiple ad accounts, simply select the account that you would like to manage.
Another way to access Facebook Ads manager is by visiting www.facebook.com/ads/manager, where you brought directly to the Facebook Ads manager of your ad account. Again, if you have more than one account, you can access the one you want to manage via the drop down menu and select the ad account that you want to manage.
Adding Additional Users
If you would like to allow others to create and manage Facebook Ads for you, the first thing you need to do is provide them with access to your ad account. Next, you will have to assign each person an advertising role. To do that, follow these steps:
- Head to “Ad Account Settings”. Click the hamburger icon (the three horizontal lines on the upper left side of the screen between the Facebook icon and Ad Account Settings. Hover of the “all tools” option and select “ad account setting”.
- Add users. To add a user, select “account roles”, which is located in the left column of the screen, and select, and then click “add a user”, which is located on the right side of the screen in blue text. You can then select what users you would like to add to your Facebook Ads manager.
- Assign a role. Lastly, you will need to assign the proper role for the people you are adding to your Facebook Ads manager. You will be given a few different options, including account admin, account advertiser, and account analyst. An admin is someone who can see your ad performance, edit your ads, create ads using the payment method linked to your ad account, edit that payment information, and manage the roles of advertiser and analyst. An advertiser will be able to view and edit your Facebook Ads and make ads using the payment method that is linked to your Facebook Ads account. An analyst will only be able to see the performance of your ads.
How to Create and Edit Facebook Ads
Once you have set up your Facebook Ads manager, you can start creating ads. Creating ads through Ad Manager is pretty simple. To do so, follow these steps:
- Click on the “create ad” icon. It’s green and located in the upper right hand corner of the ads manager page.
- Select a campaign objective. You’ll be prompted to choose one of several objectives, such as brand awareness, traffic, engagement, conversions, and store visits.
- After you select your objective, you will be prompted to name your campaign. Including the date range of the objective into the name will make it easier to navigate between different campaigns.
- After naming your campaign, click on the “continue” button.
- Select audience targeting. You can create a new Facebook target audience or use an audience that you have saved. You also have the option to create a Custom Audience.
- Choose your ad placement. Options include on desktop and mobile newsfeeds, on the right hand column of Facebook, on Instagram, in audience networks, within in-stream videos, and on instant articles.
- Choose your budget and schedule. This involves determining how much you want to spend on your ad campaign, as well as how long you want the campaign to run. You can run ads with either a lifetime or a daily budget.
Editing Ads with Ads Manager
If you want to edit an ad for any reason, you can do so by hovering over the name of the ad and cleck on the “edit” icon. A popup will appear, and from there, you can edit your campaign, your ad set, or your ad.
Editing options include:
- Campaigns. Edit the name, the spend limit, or turn the campaign on or off.
- Ad sets. Edit the set name, the ad placement, the target audience, the budget and schedule, the delivery and optimization, or turn the ad on or off.
- Ads. Edit the name of the ad, its destination, the creatives (text, image, links, call-to-action), or turn the ad on or off.
Assessing Ad Performance
Through ad manager, you can easily see how your Facebook Ads are performing. Ads manager offers a number of preset options you can choose from so you can quickly see results. Some of the options include:
- Performance. Reach, results, amount spent, costs
- Delivery. Frequency, reach, impressions, CPM
- Engagement. Reactions, shares, comments, actions people have taken
- App engagement. Mobile app actions, cost per mobile app installs, mobile app installs
- Performance and clicks. Reach, results, cost
- Offline conversions. Purchases, conversion value of purchases, cost per purchase
It these options don’t suit your specific needs, you can customize them or you can create your own options by selecting the “customize columns” option.
Wrapping it Up
Facebook Ads is one of the most useful and effective tools available to marketers today. Ads Manager makes it even easier to use Facebook Ads, create ads, manage ads, and track their performance. If you are looking for a way to make the most of your marketing campaign on Facebook, ads manager will allow you to do just that – and with great ease.