Keeping Kids Safe Around Your PoolSummer is here, school is out and swimming pools are opening across the country. To help you beat the heat and still promote safety, the health experts at Envolve, an integrated healthcare solutions company, are pleased to share a few tips to reduce hazards for pool owners with children.
1. Practice Your Strokes. Swimming is not only fun but can be a lifesaving skill that everyone can learn. Once children reach the age of four, it’s a good idea to enroll them in lessons so they feel confident in the water. Encourage them to practice to help strengthen their skills. BONUS TIP: Keep yourself and the kids protected from harmful rays – even on cloudy days – by using a water-resistant sunscreen of SPF 30 or higher. Make sure to apply 15 minutes prior to sun exposure, and always reapply every two hours or after swimming or sweating.
2. Avoid Drains. Teach your children to stay away from drains if they are loose, missing or damaged. Some safety precautions to take before entering the pool include tying up long hair and ensuring swim suits fit correctly and aren’t too loose. Remind children to be aware of their surroundings and to always tell an adult if they have concerns about the condition of the pool before entering.
3. Build Barriers. Install a proper fence so children aren’t able to wander into your pool area without supervision. It should be high enough so kids can’t climb over, and gates shouldn’t be able to be opened by kids. Other safeguards include pool alarm systems and functional pool covers.
4. Get Certified. Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, also known as CPR, is a necessary skill for all pool owners to learn in case of emergencies. Once certified, make sure to update your certification on a regular basis so you’re aware of all essential information.
5. Steady Supervision. Remember to always stay alert and avoid distractions like using your phone. It’s recommended that for every two children there’s one adult present. If you need to step away and you’re the only adult, everyone should hop out of the pool or find another adult to supervise.
Envolve, Inc.® is a family of health solutions, working together to make healthcare simpler, more effective and more accessible for everyone. As an agent for change in healthcare, Envolve is committed to transforming the health of the community, one person at a time. Envolve unifies medical management, utilization management, specialty pharmacy, PBM, vision, dental, behavioral health management, life and health/wellness management, empowerment and education services, telehealth services, 24/7 nurse advice services, and data, analytics and IT solutions. For more information, please visit our website www.envolvehealth.com or contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7700 Forsyth Blvd.
Clayton MO 63105
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release Keeping Kids Safe Around Your Pool here
News-ID: 575097 • Views: 336
More Releases from Envolve
National Immunization Month: Shots Aren’t Just for Kids
It’s National Immunization Month and the perfect time to remind family, friends and coworkers about the benefits of adult vaccinations. The health experts at Envolve, an integrated healthcare solutions company, have put together a few tips to help you protect your health – and the health of those around you. 1. Keep Records. Document immunizations you receive and store the information in a safe place. Having an accurate record can save
Plan Your Way to a Perfect Picnic - National Picnic Month (July)
Picnic season offers many opportunities for some fun in the sun. To protect against food bacteria and possible sickness, it’s important to follow simple food guidelines when preparing and serving dishes. The health experts at Envolve, an integrated healthcare solutions company, are pleased to share a few tips to help you keep your food – and family – safe when enjoying an outdoor meal. 1. Plan Ahead. Thinking beforehand can
National Outdoor Month: Tips for a Fun and Safe Hike
Hiking is a great way to get exercise and explore natural surroundings. In honor of National Outdoor Month, the health experts at Envolve, an integrated healthcare solutions company, have put together a few tips to keep in mind to ensure a fun and safe trek through your favorite trails. 1. Be Prepared. Water, food, sunscreen and a first-aid kit are just a few items that may come in handy throughout
Five Tips to Manage Your Mental Stress
Stress is a natural part of our lives, but learning to manage the overwhelming times can help you have a healthier response. In honor of Mental Health Month, the health experts at Envolve, an integrated healthcare solutions company, have put together a few tips to help handle mental stress. 1. Have Healthy Habits. Excessive stress can take a toll on your body so it’s important to develop healthy coping
More Releases for Summer
Johansson Projects presents Summer Selections featuring works by our gallery artists. Johansson Projects is a contemporary art gallery that functions as curatorial laboratory, creating exhibitions that pair established and internationally-recognized artists with up-and-coming locals. With no show confined purely to gallery walls it prompts viewers to actively engage with artists who explore the mysteries embedded in modernity often using unorthodox materials and methods. Johansson Projects is a locus for curators, collectors,
Summer Home Fitness Tips
Summer sun means it’s time to shed those extra pounds, tone up, and get ourselves down to swimsuit weight so we can enjoy those long lounging weekends at the beach or pool. Dropping a few pounds isn’t as hard as you might think. You don’t need to starve yourself or go on a fad diet, and you don’t even need a gym membership – you can lose weight at home in
Summer! Made Easy?
A Great Innovative gadget to enjoy a BBQ- Grill and Smoke worry-free Raw Lamb Chops. Overcooked chicken. The summer is here and weathers are beautiful. Yet cookouts and afternoon barbecues are absolutely tricky and tough for cooks and their friends and families alike, causing to serve raw, dry or rather burnt foods …ugh! Thus, four out of five hosts plan to fire up a grill when summer guests stop by. Be Aware,
Summer Sun & Salad
Nothing says summer like fresh, seasonal fruits and veggies and this year Burtons Grill & Bar is bringing these seasonal sensations to its menu. Every two weeks beginning June 2016 and continuing through Sunday, September 11th, 2016, Burtons will roll out a new, chef-inspired summer salad made with only the freshest ingredients. Ranging in flavor and ingredients from the sweet and tropical tossed with fresh fruit and candied walnuts, to
CHARLES & KEITH Summer 2016
CHARLES & KEITH SUMMER 2016 draws on a tale of one’s journey to self discovery, a delivery of self expressionism. Pushing forth the idea of self identity, a series of visual narratives portray the dialogues of one’s inner thoughts. In this issue, international style authority Kristina Bazan shares her journey in life as well as her travel stories. Ornate embellishments have been abandoned in pursuit of a
Summer Vacation for Singles
San Rafael, CA - April 18, 2011 -- Contact: Rich Gosse, 415-479-3800 Single adults of all ages are invited to beat the single supplement and vacation with a large group of friendly singles on 10 Singles Vacations during the Summer of 2011: •Maine Windjammer Cruise, June 19-26 •Western Canada & Rocky Mountaineer Train, June 28 - July 7 •Grand European Tour, July 30 - August 10 •Scandinavia (Denmark, Norway, and Sweden), July 31 - August