Beginning the search for a University - University Open Days
1. Start with the course guide – have a think about what type of course you want to do, rather than which city has the best nightlife or where your friends are going. Not all universities offer all courses, indeed some specialise in certain areas like sport or medicine, so it is important to firstly narrow down your search options based on the courses on offer. If you have a rough idea of what degree course you wish to study, then you can make a list of 10 or so universities which offer your course.
2. Choose the right location – so now you have a shortlist of universities, you will need to consider what type of place you wish to be. To some, being in a big city with good transport links is important, whereas others want the feel of a campus university where they can get their head down and study and meet like-minded people. If you are unsure or not really bothered, then that’s fine, go to a mixture of open days and see if you can find out what’s best for you.
3. Going to the open days – so you have a list of courses, and hopefully a list of universities which offer your course. You now need to make a trip to visit them. Finding the information for the open days is straightforward, there are many resources available online which will give you the details of university open days across the UK, so take a look and find out when they are held. University open days are usually held on weekdays, so speak to your form tutor and find out how much time off you can get from your further education studies to go to the open days. Most FE centres allow 4 or 5 days off for you to go and visit.
4. The open day – so you have your list, you have the time off, and the time has come to make your way around the country and visit the prospective universities you are considering applying to. Most universities will provide some literature about the open day so you can get the most out of your visit. Be sure to check out the buildings you will potentially study in, check out the sports facilities if they are important to you, check the halls of residence, the transport links and the campus/city, whichever it may be. Finally, get a feel for the place by asking existing students what life is like at the university – you will get an honest answer!
5. Making a choice – so now you have visited some universities, you will need to make a decision on where to apply. This may be easy, the university open days may have simply confirmed what you already knew, or they may have given you more choice than you perhaps wanted! Either way, a good place to start is to make a list of the universities you have visited, and a list of the important parameters like courses, halls of residence, transport etc, then give each one a score out of 10 so you have a basis to work from. This can be surprisingly useful as you go round the open days, particularly if they are months apart.
Remember, university open days are designed to help you make the right choice and apply for the right university for you. Follow the advice and take the process seriously and you will get the most out of them.
ThisUni.com is the UK’s largest database of University open days providing valuable information to FE students looking to undertake undergraduate and graduate degree courses.
34 New House
67-68 Hatton Garden
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release Beginning the search for a University - University Open Days here
News-ID: 354155 • Views: 413
More Releases from EdProcure
How to Market to schools
Every year the education budget in the UK is set to over £85billion and successive governments seem very keen on protecting this portion of their budget. The reasons for this are plenty but that’s not what we want to discuss here, it kind of doesn’t matter. What matters is how you get your business in front of school buyers, how you market to schools and how you make
The school procurement process
Schools, like all public sector bodies and larger private sector organisations, conduct their procurement according to budgets. These budgets are set at the top of the organisation’s tree and filtered down to the budget holders who have been given the responsibility to spend this money. Spend being the operative word. School procurement is a little bit like a communist society – spend it or lose it.
Help - there are no suitable schools near me!
Well, there probably are. You just don’t know how to find them. And your version of suitable and someone else’s version of suitable may just be totally different. Consider these 4 different parents and let’s ask them all the same question about the suitability of the local secondary schools. Parents 1 – their child is an outstanding learner and keen to embark on a successful career. There
How to find a school that’s right for your child
There comes a point when every parent goes through the process to find a school for their child. It can be a difficult process – you might have a different opinion on choice of schools than your child; you may be moving to a new area; or you may be looking at an independent, fee paying school for your child. Whatever the scenario, help is on hand to
More Releases for University
KLE Technological University partners with Coventry University, UK
KLE Tech, in its endeavour to create better learning environments to students and giving them multi-cultural exposure, has entered into a MoU with Coventry University (www.coventry.ac.in), one of the leading universities of United Kingdom. Prof.Ashok Shettar, Vice Chancellor signed the MoU with Prof.Richard Dashwood, Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research) of Coventry University on October 08, 2018. As per this MoU, both Universities would be collaboratively working in the areas of research, faculty development
Nursing Education: Market 2018 Global Analysis By Top Key Players – Duke Unive …
An exclusive Nursing Education market research report created through broad primary research (inputs from industry experts, companies, and stakeholders) and secondary research, the report aims to present the analysis of Global Nursing Education Market By Type, By Application, By Region - North America, Europe, South America, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa. The report intends to provide cutting-edge market intelligence and help decision makers take sound investment evaluation. Besides, the report
Medical Education Market by Top Manufacturers with Production Harvard University …
In medical education, physical examination is an essential element of learning to provide students with a hands-on experience and enable them to learn accurate clinical diagnosis. However, medical education requires a high level of self-regulated learning. Owing to the extensive preclinical education involved, students find it challenging to memorize and retain knowledge pertaining to clinical study material. In addition, many of the universities also have limited teaching resources. Despite these
EnOcean starts new University Programme
Promoting the use of energy harvesting wireless technology in education and offering career opportunities for young engineers Oberhaching/Munich, Germany, April 26, 2012 — EnOcean has launched a new university programme. This initiative will educate the university community about energy harvesting wireless technology and open up students’ career opportunities at EnOcean. The programme addresses Electronics, Software or Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and other related courses. A key element of the
International American University College of Medicine partners with Walden Unive …
Dallas, Texas - February 28, 2012 – The International American University College of Medicine (IAUCOM), Saint Lucia and Walden University, USA have entered into a partnership to provide medical students with an opportunity to acquire dual degrees. According to the agreement, the medical students will now be able to enroll for MBA in Healthcare Management, Master of Healthcare Administration (MHA) or Master of Public Health (MPH) alongside their regular MD
COPEAC UNVEILS “COPEAC UNIVERSITY”
COPEAC Affiliate Network Launches Exclusive Education Portal Woodbury, NY (January 26, 2011) – COPEAC, IMM Interactive’s exclusive affiliate network, is one of the largest and most respected performance-based ad networks in the digital advertising sector with over 40K publishing partners. For these partners, COPEAC is offering an exclusive education tool called COPEAC University; an online education portal with valuable resources for success in Affiliate Marketing. Offered exclusively for COPEAC members, COPEAC