In line with the 17 Sustainable Development Goals: digital 5th ECP with over 1,200 partnerings
• In more than 1,200 online partnering conversations as well as numerous flash sessions, the traditional spirit of the largest speed dating event of the European chemical industry came alive again.
March 01, 2021, Frankfurt / Main, Germany
Corona notwithstanding: The 5th ECP lives – and is probably even more important than ever. The digital three-day event brought together participants from business and academia as well as from all corners of the world to make contacts, initiate collaborations and discuss the major substantive challenges of the future.
As in previous years, the 5th ECP was all about business networking and partnering. In more than 1,200 pre-arranged online meetings, SMEs met with large companies, investors, and service providers. And once again this year, numerous representatives of start-ups were present, making the discussions even more interesting. In several flash sessions, many participants introduced themselves in one-minute pitches, thus initiating the informal networking. The online trade fair accompanying the 5th ECP had already opened on February 20. During the seven days of the exhibition, more than 400 visitors took advantage of the free opportunity to visit the virtual information booths of numerous companies.
The focus of the discussions was on global cooperation and the 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs): In addition to the development of the Circular Economy, the high-profile opening panel focused on new approaches in the area of finance for young, innovative and fast-growing chemical companies. In further lectures and several workshops, urgent questions concerning plastics were discussed and innovative solutions, like in the field of plastics recycling, were presented.
The 5th ECP was used by the newly founded Global Entrepreneurship Centre North Rhine-Westphalia to present itself to a wider public for the first time. With the GEC, a center for international start-ups in the chemical and bioeconomy sectors is being established in NRW. It aims to offer scale-up services to founders to reach the higher Technology Readiness Levels (6 to 9) and thus enter production.
Also at 5th ECP, the newly established European Circular Bioeconomy Fund (ECBF) presented its first investment to the public: Dutch start-up PeelPioneers processes orange peels into a variety of high-value products for the food industry. In their keynote speech, the two young company founders described the rapid rise from an idea to a plant capable of processing 30,000 tons of organ peels per year.
For the third time, the CHEManager Innovation Pitch presented their award winners at this year's ECP. The winner in the "Value to Society" category was Affix Labs. The Finnish start-up develops innovative insect-repellent and disease-preventing surface treatments. In the "Value to Industry" category, the German start-up Senorics came out on top. The spin-off from the Institute for Applied Photophysics (IAPP) at the University of Excellence TU Dresden develops innovative, miniaturized near-infrared spectroscopy sensors. Caphenia won in the "Value to Sustainability" category. Based on years of preliminary work by CCP Technology and Lufthansa with various partners such as MAN Diesel & Turbo, MinesParisTech, ETH Zurich and TU Munich, the company produces CO2-neutral synthetic fuels based on recycled carbon dioxide and biogenic gas.
A special focus of the 5th ECP was on economic relations with the People's Republic of China and the China International Chamber of Commerce for the Private Sector (CICCPS), which represents more than 5 million companies. Keynote, panel discussions and breakout sessions were broadcast live to China via the CICCPS.
ECP initiator Dr. Holger Bengs said at the conclusion of this year's event, "We need innovation now, and we need more of it and faster. The pandemic teaches us that we need to leave old paths, rethink products and processes. I would like to tell the digital skeptics: Cooperation, business and innovation can also be achieved digitally. The ECP is also a joy to do, a community that recognizes and lives its responsibility for itself, its companies and society. With the ECP, we make the difference, in the future also in close cooperation with the Global Entrepreneurship Centre."
Dr. Holger Bengs, CEO
D-60486 Frankfurt am Main
Tel. +49 (0) 170 – 2971837
European Chemistry Partnering: A brief overview
The European Chemistry Partnering is an event format in which the focus is on discussion about innovation along the chemical value chain. It is aimed at decision makers, innovation managers and investors in the chemical industry and its user industries, as well as industry-focused stakeholders and qualified service providers and consultants. The ECP consists of the elements: Keynote Speech, Partnering, Pitches, Exhibition, Workshops and Final Panel. Companies can describe their innovations in short presentations (Pitches) and arrange appointments via a software tool in advance (Partnering). The ECP always begins at the Get-Together on the evening before and it ends with a joint breakfast on the next day. Satellite events organized with partners emphasize its importance as both marketplace and meeting point for decision makers. The European Chemistry Partnering was conceived and initiated by Dr Holger Bengs, CEO of BCNP Consultants GmbH. The first event took place in 2017 and has been now organized twice a year since 2018. Since September 2020, the ECP is also available in a digital version.
BCNP: A short profile
BCNP Consultants is a Germany-based Consultancy that specializes in the areas of Biotech, Chemistry, Nanotechnology and Pharmaceuticals (BCNP). BCNP's core competences include scientific and technical expertise, strong networks and industry knowledge. The company provides Strategy, Communication and Sales consulting services via its divisions BCNP strategy and BCNP connect. Specialist areas are market and technology analyses as well as Innovation scouting. Since 2015 BCNP has published the annual Compass to Europe´s Innovative Chemical Companies (www.chemistry-compass.eu) to encourage entrepreneurship in the chemical industry. In 2017 the marketplace “European Chemistry Partnering“ was initiated to bring together and engender dialog among creative minds and decision makers on an international stage.
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release In line with the 17 Sustainable Development Goals: digital 5th ECP with over 1,200 partnerings here
News-ID: 2249973 • Views: 315
More Releases from BCNP Consultants GmbH
First digital European Chemistry Partnering: 3rd ECP Summer Summit on September …
• 103 start-ups from 23 countries are already using the first online speed dating event in the chemical industry • More than 350 participants have already registered, and more than 300 online partnering conversations have been arranged - in 20-minute slots across all time zones • 43 nations from all continents represented: Participants from Japan, Canada, USA and Chile, from Africa Morocco and South Africa will join the event 7 September 2020, Frankfurt am Main The 3rd
Kunststoff-Institut Lüdenscheid (KIMW) to present innovation workshop at the 4t …
- KIMW will be present with 30 members of staff - High-tech plastics innovations in focus - ECP-Networking starts at the Get-Together on the evening before 22 January 2020, Frankfurt am Main The 4th European Chemistry Partnering on 27 February 2020 in Frankfurt am Main is attracting more and more participants from sub-sectors of the chemical industry. More than 1,000 experts and industry representatives will meet with innovative entrepreneurs and investors to exchange
"Energy & Chemistry": At the 3rd European Chemistry Partnering, Start-ups presen …
- 4 Start-ups from the energy sector present their innovations - Thematic cooperation with InnoEnergy - Second Focus Topic after "Water & Chemistry 11 February 2019, Frankfurt am Main On 26 February 2019 the 3rd European Chemistry Partnering will take place in Frankfurt. Under the heading "Energy and Chemistry", four Start-ups from the field of energy will present themselves in Pitches. The presentations will take place in cooperation with the theme sponsor InnoEnergy -
"Water & Chemistry" - The first main topic at the 3rd European Chemistry Partner …
- 9 companies present their innovations on "Water & Chemistry". - Sponsor Isle Group guides through the program January 29, 2019, Frankfurt am Main, Germany On 26 February 2019 the 3rd European Chemistry Partnering (ECP) will take place in Frankfurt. For the first time at the ECP there will be interdisciplinary lectures, including "Water & Chemistry". The Isle Group, which specializes in the selection of innovative technologies and implementation consulting, will be presenting
More Releases for ECP
11 Chemistry Start-ups from the Netherlands will attend the ECP Summer Summit
- Brightlands Innovation Factory is an ECP Partner and Gold Sponsor - Event location: Henkel KGaA in Düsseldorf - Partnering has started: Several hundred Speed Dating appointments anticipated 11 September 2018, Frankfurt am Main The first ECP Summer Summit / European Chemistry Partnering will take place on September 25, 2018 in Düsseldorf at the headquarters of the consumer and industrial goods company Henkel. The Brightlands Innovation Factory from the Netherlands will introduce eleven Start-up
Minister Andreas Pinkwart is the Patron of the ECP Summer Summit
Prof. Dr. Andreas Pinkwart, Minister for Economic Affairs, Innovation, Digitization and Energy of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia, has assumed patronage of the first ECP Summer Summit. The summer version of the European Chemistry Partnering will take place on September 25, 2018 at the consumer and industrial goods company Henkel in its capacity as the main sponsor of the event. “The chemical industry is a pillar of prosperity and employment. This
Assisted Living Software Market By Key Vendors: AL Advantage, ALIS, iCareManager …
Qyresearchreports include new market research report Assisted Living Software to its huge collection of research reports. Several regional and global trends account for the attractive stride the global Assisted Living Software market is experiencing over the forecast period. The report offers a granular assessment of all such trends impacting the current outlook and emerging growth dynamics. The study on the global Assisted Living Software market highlights the key factors shaping the
MyBinding.com Partners with Akiles to Offer the CoilMac ECP Series Coil Binding …
HILLSBORO, OR, April 15, 2012 – MyBinding.com, one of the country's leading Internet retailers of binding machines and supplies, recently added the Akiles CoilMac ECP series binding equipment to their website. MyBinding.com has a long history of working with Akiles. Currently they offer a huge selection of Akiles binding machines, laminators, corner rounders, supplies, and more. The decision to add the CoilMac ECP series to their extensive Akiles inventory was
Pixelmetrix Electronic Couch Potato™ (ECP™) - Now Shipping
IBC 2008, Amsterdam, September 12, 2008 – Pixelmetrix, the global expert in Preventive Monitoring for digital television and IPTV networks, is now shipping its Electronic Couch Potato™ (ECP™). Demonstrations are available at Pixelmetrix Booth 1C39. The Pixelmetrix Electronic Couch Potato™ (ECP™) is an after the network probe that measures and reports the end-users’ experience for delivered video services. Collecting telemetry from multiple ECPs™ distributed across a wide network and
Pixelmetrix Electronic Couch Potato™ & ECP Consolidator™ Bags the TV Technol …
Singapore, September 27, 2007 – Pixelmetrix, the global expert in Preventive Monitoring for digital television and IPTV networks, bagged the TV Technology STAR Award for its Electronic Couch Potato™ (ECP) and Consolidator™. The Electronic Couch Potato™ is designed to monitor the true customer viewing experience by providing measurements from the end point of the content delivery chain. The ECP™ connects after the Set Top Box (STB) and provides feedback on