Thailand Solar Energy Market Size, Status, Challenges and Future Scope 2020: Energy Absolute Public Companies, SPCG PCL, Symbior Energy Limited, Thai Solar Energy PLC
Click the link to get a Sample Copy of the Report:
The market for solar energy in Thailand is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.14% during the forecast period of 2019-2024.
Factors such as strong government support for solar power development in the form of feed-in tariffs, and Alternative Energy Development Plan (AEDP) and declining costs of solar PV systems are expected to drive the solar energy market in Thailand during the forecast period. However, uncertainties regarding the access to the power grid are expected to restrain the operators from investing in renewable power projects during the forecast period.
- The ground mounted solar PV segment accounts for the largest share in the Thailand solar energy market owing to the installed capacity of ground mounted solar PV and a number of upcoming projects in the country.
- One of the problems faced by the solar market in Thailand is that the state control dominates the market. The monopoly of the government has made the market overly competitive for private operators. The announcement of new solar development plans by the Thai Energy Policy and Planning Office in 2017 is aimed at increasing private firm participation. This, in turn, is likely to provide significant opportunities for growth in the solar energy market in Thailand in the future.
Special Offer: Get flat 30% discount on this report!!!!
Market By Top Leading Players-
Energy Absolute Public Companies, SPCG PCL, Symbior Energy Limited, Thai Solar Energy PLC, Trina Solar Co., Ltd (Trina Solar), and Solaris Green Energy Co., Ltd
Key Market Trends
Upcoming Ground Mounted Solar Power Projects
- Energy security is among the top priorities for Thailand. More than half of the country's energy supply depends upon imported energy. The fraction of imported energy is likely to increase if the country's proven reserves of oil and gas are depleted, as anticipated in less than a decade unless other indigenous energy sources are exploited, such as solar.
- In order to address the above-mentioned issue, the government of Thailand has taken various initiatives and has set targets to promote renewable energy in the country.
- Towards the latter end of 2017, the submissions of Thailands first 300MW hybrid PPA scheme took place, and the government encouraged the use of energy storage to supplement renewable energy generation.
- Also, one of the major incentives of large scale ground-mounted solar plant developers was the recently announced hybrid firm PPA scheme, which encourages energy storage to be coupled with large-scale solar projects to generate a fixed output from each system. The firm element of this hybrid PPA scheme is that it requires the power producers to deliver between 98% and 102% of the PPA capacity during peak periods and then limits power output at other times to 66.3% of the PPA capacity. Further, Projects must be between 10-50MW in size and the scheme comes with a feed-in tariff (FiT) for renewables of THB 3.66/kWh.
- In February 2018, The Asian Development Bank (ADB) announced its plan to provide a loan of USD 235 million to B. Grimm Power, a Thai energy firm, to develop renewable energy projects in Southeast Asia. The financing is planned to support numerous clean energy generation projects, including utility-scale solar along with wind, biomass, waste-to-energy amongst others.
- The country has been witnessing growth in ground-mounted solar power capacity addition in recent years, 2016-2018. For instance, in March 2018, a 30 MW of solar PPA agreement was signed by B.Grimm Power for seven separate solar PV projects in Thailand, these projects include five plants (23.58MW) co-developed with the War Veterans Organization of Thailand (WVO).
Inquire for Discount:
Key Takeaways from this Report
─Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals
─Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
─Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more
─Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues
─Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
─Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
─Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries Thailandly for the market
Media Contact Us:
Irfan Tamboli (Head of Sales) – Market Insights Reports
Phone: + 1704 266 3234 | +91-750-707-8687
firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
MarketInsightsReports provides syndicated market research on industry verticals including Healthcare, Information and Communication Technology (ICT), Technology and Media, Chemicals, Materials, Energy, Heavy Industry, etc. MarketInsightsReports provides global and regional market intelligence coverage, a 360-degree market view which includes statistical forecasts, competitive landscape, detailed segmentation, key trends, and strategic recommendations.
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release Thailand Solar Energy Market Size, Status, Challenges and Future Scope 2020: Energy Absolute Public Companies, SPCG PCL, Symbior Energy Limited, Thai Solar Energy PLC here
News-ID: 2079038 • Views: 379
More Releases from Market Insights Reports
Aerospace Materials Market Size, Status and Business Growth 2020 to 2026
The Aerospace Materials Market Perspective, Comprehensive Analysis along with Major Segments and Forecast, 2020-2026. The Aerospace Materials Market report is a valuable source of insightful data for business strategists. It provides the industry overview with growth analysis and historical & futuristic cost, revenue, demand and supply data (as applicable). Report explores the current outlook in global and key regions from the perspective of players, countries, product types and end industries.
Agricultural Harvesting Machinery Market Competitive Insights and Precise Outloo …
The Global Agricultural Harvesting Machinery Market Research Report 2020-2026 is a valuable source of insightful data for business strategists. It provides the industry overview with growth analysis and historical & futuristic cost, revenue, demand and supply data (as applicable). The research analysts provide an elaborate description of the value chain and its distributor analysis. This Market study provides comprehensive data which enhances the understanding, scope and application of this report. The
Offshore Support Vessels Market 2020 Global Competition and Business Growth- Har …
The report presents an in-depth assessment of the Global Offshore Support Vessels including enabling technologies, key trends, market drivers, challenges, standardization, regulatory landscape, deployment models, operator case studies, opportunities, future roadmap, value chain, ecosystem player profiles and strategies. The report also presents forecasts for Global Offshore Support Vessels investments from 2019 till 2023. The Global Offshore Support Vessels market is highly competitive and consists of a number of major players. Companies,
Aircraft Cargo Systems Market Global Competition, Business Growth Opportunity an …
Global Aircraft Cargo Systems Market 2020-2024 is a comprehensive report which provides a detailed overview of the major driver, opportunities, challenges, current market trends and strategies impacting the Global Aircraft Cargo Systems market in conjunction with calculation and forecast of size, share, and growth rate analysis. Combining the analysis capabilities and knowledge integration with the relevant findings, the report has foretold the robust future growth of the Aircraft Cargo Systems
More Releases for Thai
Global Insurance Market Top player 2018 - AIA, Prudential, Great Eastern, AXA, A …
Global Insurance Market Report 2018 includes a total amalgamation of assessable trends and predicting analysis. This Insurance analysis offers an approach for a large number of clients. Employing accredited global Insurance market data resources together with various practices and tools to successfully get and study information, our accredited group of analysts, researchers, and advisors has obtained extra efforts in calling the global sector. The Insurance report suggests that the newest
Thai tourism organisations step up war on plastic
Bangkok, 22 January 2019 – The Thai Hotels Association (THA) is joining the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) in its ongoing effort aimed at reducing the use of plastic. Various campaigns will encourage hotels, both THA members and independent Thai hotels, to reduce single use plastic plus motivate tour companies, travel agencies and online travel agencies to support participating hotels that are part of this project. TAT Governor Mr. Yuthasak Supasorn said:
Global Insurance Market 2017 - Allianz, Muang Thai, Prudential, Thai Life, Manul …
The report studies Insurance in Global market Professional Survey 2017 : Size, Share, Trends, Industry Growth, Opportunity, Application, Production, Segmentation, Cost Structure, Company Profile, Product Picture and Specifications during the Forecast period by 2022 Global Insurance Industry 2017 is a comprehensive, professional report delivering market research data that is relevant for new market entrants or established players. Key strategies of the companies operating in the market and their impact analysis have
SRMEX Will Launch Mini Thai Baht Futures
Innovative contract is one-tenth the size of regular SRMEX Thai Baht Futures contract. Smaller size provides cost-effective hedging and arbitraging tool for retail remitters, SMEs and investors Sapporo, 2016 - SRMEX, a key institution of the domestic financial market, an exchange that provides various economic entities with an opportunity to trade in an open market and offers investors effective investment opportunities, today announced that in a bid to further expand the
Tempting Thai Cuisine at Press Club
Hanoi, Vietnam- From the light and aromatic soups of the coast, to the fresh and spicy salads of the north, to the rich and colourful curries of the south, the exquisite flavors of Thailand are in the spotlight this month. From October 22 to 28, the Press Club Bar Lounge will be adding some heat to Hanoi's cool autumn weather with 'Tastes of Thailand', a mouthwatering menu showcasing some of
Sukosol Group Supports Thai Flood Victims
The Sukosol Group has joined hands with the Thai Red Cross Society and UNICEF to provide emergency help and support for flood victims in Thailand through the donation of Baht 1,411,000 in much-needed funds. The money was given to the Thai Red Cross Society’s Relief Communities Help Bureau to provide “Assistance to individuals and families affected by disaster, enabling them to resume their normal daily activities independently as soon