International Ministerial Delegations to Gather at Accra 4th West & Central Africa Mining Summit
International Ministerial Delegations to Gather at Accra 4th West & Central Africa Mining Summit
1. Singapore, 21th September 2011 – The 4th West & Central Africa Mining Summit 2011 on 26th-27th September in Accra, Ghana will gather the heads of mining ministries from several leading resource-rich nations worldwide.
2. The host country’s mining authority will be led by Hon Mike Hammah, Minister for Ghana’s Ministry of Lands and Natural Resources.
3. Representatives from the African continent include HE Salif Lamoussa Kaboré, Minister of Mines & Energy of Burkina Faso, Hon Abdul Ignosi Koroma, Deputy Minister of Mines & Mineral Resources at Sierra Leone’s Ministry of Mineral Resources; Mr R Matenokay Tingban, Director of Mines at Liberia’s Ministry of Lands, Mines & Energy; Dr Gaétan Roch Moloto-A-Kenguemba, Adviser at the Prime Minister Office - Central African Republic (CAR), and Councillor Central African Region, Geological Society of Africa (GSAf);
4. Also attending the Summit will be senior officials from the Ivory Coast’s Ministry of Mines and Energy, including Mr Douan Bleu, Director of Mines.
5. Even Papua New Guinea, a mining-dominated economy from far-off Oceania is making sure they don’t miss-out on this key extractive industry event. Their delegation will be led by Hon James Byron Chan, Member of Parliament and Minister of Mining; Mr Gaius Toaligur, First Secretary; and Mr Shadrach Himata, Deputy Secretary at the Department of Mineral Policy and Geohazards Management.
6. This 4th Summit will discuss inter-alia issues of increasingly critical concerns for Environmental Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), the importance of the mining industry’s developing a positive impact on surrounding communities.
7. Dr Joyce Aryee, CEO of the Ghana Chamber of Mines will be delivering the industry keynote address on “Corporate Social Responsibility as a Long Term Strategy for Ghana”; Mr Marcus S Wleh, Manager for Corporate Responsibility at ArcelorMittal Liberia will discuss “Corporate Responsibility and Environmental Sustainability Within Mining Business Environment”; and Ms Lara Yocarini, Executive Manager for Africa Initiatives at Chartwell Housing Finance Solutions will present on “Employee Housing - How to Make it Work”.
8. Key sponsors of the Summit include the Banlaw Africa Group, a multi-discipline company involved in contract mining, earthworks, infrastructure civil works and joint management of mine construction projects with EPCM companies; and Atlas Copco, the world-leading compressors, construction and mining equipment specialist. Other event partners include housing finance solutions providers Chartwell, technology experts Outotec, the Nigerian Stock Exchange, and multi-national oil major Total.
9. Companies participating as exhibitors include: the World Gold Council, Weatherford, Gold Fields, Mine Site Technologies, SGS, Minelab International, Castle Peak Mining, engineering group Pratley, Roymec Technologies, WearCheck Africa, African Mineral Standards, Eurofor and technologies and solutions provider CAE Datamine International.
10. Mrs Taba Peterside, General Manager & Head of Listings Sales & Retention at the Nigerian Stock Exchange, said: “The Nigerian Stock Exchange is proud to be a sponsor of this important conference. The mining sector is a major driver of Africa's future growth and The Nigerian Stock Exchange actively encourages mining companies to list in Nigeria as one of the continent's most dynamic growth markets.”
11. Mr Dirk Slabbert, Vice President for African Subsidiaries at Outotec RSA, said: "As Outotec we are very excited to participate in and be a sponsor of the 4th West & Central Africa Mining Summit. This is an ideal opportunity to showcase our technical capabilities and support services to our existing and potential new customers .This also provides us the opportunity to introduce our office staff for the newly opened Outotec (Ghana) office, which will provide service support to West Africa.”
12. Ms Lara Yocarini, Executive Manager for Africa Initiatives at Chartwell Housing Finance Solutions, said: “Chartwell is very pleased to be an Associate Sponsor of the summit and to speak on the topic of employee housing, which we believe to be a critical component of the long-term success of mining companies in Africa. We look forward to two days of fruitful discussions and networking with key players in the industry.”
13. Mr Jan van Niekerk, Senior Manager for BIOX®, a member of the Gold Fields Group, said: “Our participation at the West & Central African Mining Summit shows the importance we attribute to the growth of the gold mining industry in West Africa. We are the biggest gold miner in Ghana and are exploring in a number of jurisdictions in the region. As importantly, we believe that our BIOX® process can help many operators in the region by achieving greater efficiencies in their production process.”
14. The CEO of the conference organizing company, Magenta Global Pte Ltd, Singapore, Ms Maggie Tan, succinctly highlighted: “This Summit brings together a very select group of top level government officials, representatives of private industry, financiers, lawyers, & professionals in the global mining industry for an open and insightful discussion of the issues facing the industry today.” Ms Tan encouraged companies, organizations, businesses and governments that share Magenta’s vision for the future of a sustainable mining industry to be part of this event.
15. Mr Richard Levack, CEO/MD for gold sponsor Banlaw Africa Group, echoes the view of many: “I am looking forward to another successful West African Mining Conference.”
16. The event will be hosted at the Accra International Conference Centre in Accra, Ghana.
Magenta Global Pte Ltd
Mr Jose Carpio
DID: +65 6392 2555
Main: +65 6392 2552
Notes for Editor:
About Banlaw Africa Group – Gold Sponsor
Banlaw Africa Group is a Mining Services Company, which Builds Mines and carries out Contract Mining. The Group operates in Sub-Sahara Africa, with offices in Tarkwa, Ghana, Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire, Monrovia, Liberia, and in Bukavu, DRC.
As a multi discipline Company, Banlaw has carried out many contracts in the fields of Contract Mining, Earthworks, Infrastructure Civil works and joint management of Mine Construction Projects with EPCM Companies. Other areas of expertise include Mine Infrastructure maintenance, Material Processing, geotechnical and Geodetic Services as well as Joint Venture Mining. The Company has in depth experience in Sub-Saharan Logistics, Operating procedures, Mining Codes, and management. It also has the support of its own in house Fleet of Earthmoving and Civil works, equipment.
Co-founder and CEO, Richard Levack heads a strong team of Expatriates gathered from around the world as well as qualified and experienced African Nationals, to enable Banlaw to provide high quality services to the mines of Sub-Saharan Africa.
About Chartwell – Associate Sponsor
Chartwell Housing Finance Solutions is an entrepreneurial financial services and advisory company that works with employers, financial institutions and developers to design solutions that promote housing and make it affordable. Based in South Africa, with offices in Johannesburg and Cape Town, the company has a track record working with clients across the African continent and a sound understanding of the challenges and opportunities in different African markets.
One of Chartwell's key areas of expertise is the design and roll-out of employee housing schemes, which have proven to be a highly effective mechanism for companies to attract and retain qualified staff, promote sustainable communities and achieve corporate social responsibility goals. The company brings the different components of an employee housing scheme together, which can include advising on the types of housing to be offered, designing a housing scheme, raising the required third-party funding and ensuring the scheme's ongoing management and administration.
Chartwell. Making employee housing easy for you.
About Nigerian Stock Exchange – Associate Sponsor
The Nigerian Stock Exchange, established in 1960, services the second largest financial market in sub-Saharan Africa. Licensed under the Investment Securities Act, it has operated as a marketplace for trading investment instruments for over 50 years. In 1999, The Nigerian Stock Exchange launched an electronic trading platform, transforming the exchange into a modern securities exchange. The exchange has a total of 14 trading floors including the main floor at the company's headquarters in Lagos.
In today's global market, The Nigerian Stock Exchange strives to be the leading securities exchange in the African region - the gateway to African frontier markets. Offering a broad range of equities, the Exchange is expanding its product and service offerings to include indices, ETFs/structured products and data products.
The Nigerian Stock Exchange is more than a marketplace. We provide listing services for companies and funds, disseminate price quotes and other market data, calculate and market indices, and much more - activities which effectively contribute to Nigeria's economic growth. The Nigerian Stock Exchange is committed to building credibility and transparency that will encourage participation by investors, both local and international individuals and funds.
About Outotec – Associate Sponsor
Outotec develops and provides technology solutions for the sustainable use of Earth's natural resources. As the global leader in minerals and metals processing technology, Outotec has developed over decades several breakthrough technologies.
The company also offers innovative solutions for the chemical industry, industrial water treatment and the utilization of alternative energy sources. With a global network of sales and service centers, research facilities and more than 3,400 experts, Outotec generated annual sales of EUR 970 million in 2010.
Outotec shares are listed on the NASDAQ OMX Helsinki.
About Gold Fields – Exhibitor
Gold Fields is one of the world's largest un-hedged producers of gold with attributable annualized production of 3.6 million gold equivalent ounces from eight operating mines in Australia, Ghana, Peru and South Africa. Gold Fields also has an extensive and diverse global growth pipeline with four major projects in resource development and feasibility, with construction decisions expected in the next 18 to 24 months. Gold Fields has total attributable gold equivalent Mineral Reserves of 76.7 million ounces and Mineral Resources of 225.4 million ounces. Gold Fields is listed on the JSE Limited (primary listing), the New York Stock Exchange, NASDAQ Dubai Limited, Euronext in Brussels and the Swiss Exchange.
The BIOX® process was developed for the pre-treatment of refractory ores and concentrates ahead of conventional cyanide leach for gold recovery. The BIOX® process destroys the sulphide minerals and exposes the gold for subsequent cyanidation, thereby increasing the overall gold recovery that can be achieved. The robustness, simplicity of operation, environmental friendliness and cost effectiveness of the technology has been demonstrated at all of these operations.
Magenta Global is a premier independent business media company that provides pragmatic and relevant information to government & business executives and professionals worldwide.
With seasoned leadership, a management team recognized throughout the market, high level contacts in key areas of industry, a thorough understanding of the geographic markets & a solid financial foundation, Magenta Global is well positioned to deliver top quality, high value events, trade exhibitions & training courses.
With a strong focus in emerging economies especially in Africa, Middle East & Central Asia, Magenta Global works in partnership with both the public & private sectors.
Magenta Global Pte Ltd
20 Kallang Avenue
Level 2 Pico Creative Centre
DID: +65 6391 2555
Main: +65 6391 2533
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release International Ministerial Delegations to Gather at Accra 4th West & Central Africa Mining Summit here
News-ID: 192658 • Views: 2037
More Releases from Magenta Global Pte Ltd
Urgent Investment in Transport Infrastructure Needed to Spur Africa Growth
Regional and international stakeholders for East and Central Africa's transport infrastructure sector will be gathering once again at the 10th East & Central Africa Roads & Rail Infrastructure Summit 2020 to be held on 4-5 August in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. This Summit is particularly timely and relevant as it will tackle the COVID-19 impact on economic development in Africa and investments in the transport sector given that China
Abidjan Summit in March Showcases for International Investors Cote d'Ivoire's Co …
Cote d'Ivoire is the new kid on the block catching the interest of IOCs and mining operators. The country is poised for growth with a pro-investment government having recently unveiled fresh blocks for oil and gas exploration in a mini-licensing round. Cote d'Ivoire is looking to license 13 more vacant offshore blocks, kicking-off with three newly-demarcated license areas and two existing blocks. Currently, the country produces 38,000
International Indoor & Controlled Environment Agriculture Set for September Summ …
Urban Agri World 2019 Summit, the third edition of the conference series highlighting progressive farming developments for the indoor agriculture industry, will be held next month on 17-18 September 2019 at the Durban International Convention Centre (Durban ICC), South Africa. This is the region's leading urban agriculture event focused on hydroponics, aeroponics and aquaponics techniques in farming. It will bring together agriculture officers, growers, investors, produce buyers, academics, policy makers,
Scaling Mini Grids for Last Mile Electrification in Sub-Saharan Africa is Focus …
The 5th Africa Mini Grids Summit 2019 will convene on May 8-10 in Nairobi, Kenya. This fifth edition of the Africa-wide conference will once again gather electricity regulators, utilities operators, mini grids developers, financiers, engineering and consulting experts, technology providers, and development agencies to share their invaluable expertise and experience in providing for the continent's rapidly-increasing power requirements. Electrification is core to development and mini grids are expected to play a
More Releases for Africa
Energy Drinks in South Africa
ReportsWorldwide has announced the addition of a new report title Energy Drinks in South Africa to its growing collection of premium market research reports. Energy Drinks in South Africa industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2011-15, and forecast to 2020). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the
Meat in South Africa 2017
ReportsWorldwide has announced the addition of a new report title Meat in South Africa 2017 to its growing collection of premium market research reports. Meat in South Africa industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market. Synopsis: Essential
14th Africa Independents Forum
The 14th Africa Independents Forum 2016, 25-26th May, gathers together leading independents and corporate players worldwide and from across Africa, both listed and unlisted, large and small, established and new entrants, and provides enhanced exposure to the wider Africa-wide upstream industry in oil, and gas, exploration and development, including issues in crude oil and financial markets, engaging equity financiers, banks, private equity and investors found on the AIM and LSE,
Vizocom Selects iSAT Africa as Its Africa C-band Partner
Vizocom, a leading global provider of satellite services, announced today that it has signed a partnership agreement with iSAT Africa to cooperate in providing satellite services and solutions. Sharjah, UAE, March 02, 2016 -- Vizocom, a leading global provider of satellite services, announced today that it has signed a partnership agreement with iSAT Africa to cooperate in providing satellite services and solutions such as data solutions including C-band VSAT services and
23rd Africa Oil Week
While the African Continent continues to attract a steady stream of oil and gas commitments in its fast-growing oil, gas-LNG and energy industry, our landmark Africa Oil Week 2016 event will again showcase Africa’s Governments, National Oil Companies, Licensing Agencies and corporate players shaping the continent’s future – in exploration and production/development, across new frontiers and established basins; onshore in the Rifts and offshore in the shelf and deep-water, providing
Avnet extends its Africa focus
Avnet Technology Solutions, the solutions distribution leader and an operating group of Avnet, Inc. (NYSE: AVT), has extended its focus on the fast growing African region by investing heavily in the resources with a dedicated team of highly skilled sales, technical, financial and marketing professionals to expand its footprint across the continent. Avnet is also expanding its portfolio of products, solutions and services for solution providers on the African continent. A