Data Privacy Day: 6 Online Privacy Tips for Everyone
“We are glad that Data Privacy Day exists,” says Ruby Gonzalez, Head of Communications at NordVPN. “However, Privacy Day should be every day. There are simple things that are easy to maintain every day in order to avoid major hacks, system crashes, data loss and various snoopers.”
NordVPN shared main online privacy rules for everyday Internet user:
1. Always update the software. Software manufacturers constantly find new bugs and fix them with each new update, but users need to keep their systems up to date. Bugged software might cause data leaks, putting user’s privacy at risk.
2. Be cautious about what you share on social media. Have in mind that what you post online, stays online. If you are going on vacation, it’s wiser to post vacation photos after you come back – otherwise, thieves might know your house is empty. Also, don’t share any personal details, addresses or phone numbers.
3. Switch to an encrypted email provider, such as ProtonMail. ProtonMail is a free encrypted email service provider, offering end-to-end encryption – meaning even the provider itself cannot decrypt and read subscribers’ emails. No personal information is required to create accounts, and the basic account service is offered free of charge. Other secure email providers include Tutanota and Countermail.
4. Use strong passwords and a password manager. Perhaps the most basic requirement for any online account setup is using strong passwords and choosing different passwords for different accounts. Weak passwords make it simple for hackers to break into an account. A reliable password has a minimum of 12 characters and includes a strong mix of letters, numbers and characters. It’s not easy to remember strong passwords for each site, so it’s recommended to use a password manager, though some – such as LastPass – have also experienced security breaches. In any case, password managers are still recommended for safety and security – such as truekey.com and 1Password.
5. Turn on multi-factor authentication. Multi-factor authentication is a security system that requires a user to log in with their username and password and then take the second step of authentication: either through a fingerprint scan or by sending a code via text. Most sites, including email providers, already offer multi-factor authentication as an option.
6. Use a VPN. A VPN encrypts all traffic between a user’s computer and a VPN server, adding privacy and security to their Internet browsing experience. The only information visible to anyone in between the user’s computer and VPN server is the fact they are connected to VPN – and nothing else. All other information is private as it is encrypted by the VPN’s security protocol. NordVPN secures users’ data with features like automatic kill switch and a strict no logs policy.
To find out more about NordVPN, please visit nordvpn.com.
NordVPN is the world’s most advanced VPN service provider that is more security oriented than most VPN services. It offers double VPN encryption, ad blocking & Onion Over VPN. The product is very user-friendly, offers one of the best prices on the market, has over 5,000 servers worldwide and is P2P-friendly. One of the key features of NordVPN is zero log policy. For more information: nordvpn.com.
Delta Bank Building
Panama City, Panama
Public Relations Manager
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release Data Privacy Day: 6 Online Privacy Tips for Everyone here
News-ID: 1541767 • Views: 673
More Releases from NordVPN
The most prominent British women in the world of technology
Female IT influencers who are shaping technology Even though the number of British women working in the technology sector increased to 31% last year, they only make up 10% of tech leadership, according to the Harvey Nash Tech Survey 2021. Given the fact that worldwide IT spending is projected to total $3.8 trillion in 2021, women are misrepresented where the potential to grow and advance in one's career is
Saving on clothing, splurging on tech: the new reality of post-pandemic back-to- …
Going back to school is just as stressful as it is costly. To avoid overspending, parents make their shopping lists long in advance. Not surprisingly, the recent global pandemic has made these lists very different compared to 2019. Shift in categories: parents intend to burn their money on technology Just recently, the professional services network Deloitte shared the results of their annual survey. The findings revealed a substantial shift in product
The US is the 5th most vulnerable to cybercrime according to new research
Americans are at a high risk of becoming victims of cybercrime, according to the new Cyber Risk Index by NordVPN. The US has a high-income economy, advanced technological infrastructure, urbanization, and digitalization. However, these same factors increase the prevalence of cybercrime. NordVPN’s Cyber Risk Index covers 50 countries comprising 70% of the world population. The US ranks as the 5th most vulnerable to cybercrime out of the analyzed countries. What increases the
Five Things You Must Teach Your Parents to Be Safe Online
It’s official — social media and smartphones are no longer the exclusive domain of millennials and generation Y. A new study has found that no less than 67% of 65-74s in the UK and the USA use the internet, with 34% having social media accounts. “Although a lot of seniors are embracing smart and social technology, they need to be reminded about its dangers. Online scammers can take advantage of
More Releases for VPN
Mobile VPN Market Worth Observing Growth: Proton VPN, Speed VPN, SurfEasy VPN
HTF Market Intelligence added research publication document on Global Mobile VPN Market breaking major business segments and highlighting wider level geographies to get deep dive analysis on market data. The study is a perfect balance bridging both qualitative and quantitative information of Mobile VPN market. The study provides valuable market size data for historical (Volume** & Value) from 2014 to 2018 which is estimated and forecasted till 2026*. Some are
Exclusive Report Virtual Private Network (VPN) Market 2019 Growing with Major Em …
Virtual Private Network (VPN) Market 2019 Industry Research Report study provides information on market trends and development, drivers, capacities, technologies, and on the changing dynamics of Virtual Private Network (VPN) Market. A thorough analysis of these elements has been accepted for defining the future growth prospects of the global Virtual Private Network (VPN) market. Get Sample Copy of this Report -https://www.orianresearch.com/request-sample/1011752 Market Overview: The Global Virtual Private Network (VPN) market 2019 research
Virtual Private Network (VPN) Market 2019 Global Analysis By Key Players – Pri …
MarketResearchNest.com presents “Global Virtual Private Network (VPN) Market Status and Future Forecast 2015-2024” new document to its studies database. The records spread across 150 with more than one tables and figures in it. This comprehensive Virtual Private Network (VPN) Market research report includes a brief on these trends that can help the businesses operating in the industry to understand the market and strategize for their business expansion accordingly. The research report
Virtual Private Network (VPN) Market Gaining Traction Worldwide by Major Vendors …
Virtual private networks are designed to expand a network securely from a private area, such as an enterprises or a home, through a public network, as if the network was directly connected. A large number of Internet users across the world rely on virtual private network (VPN) applications and software to access websites without the threat of spying or unsolicited monitoring of their online movements. VPN tools enable users to
Firewall And Virtual Private Network (VPN) Market 2019 Precise Outlook - TorGuar …
Global Firewall And Virtual Private Network (VPN) Market Insights, Forecast To 2025 This report tracks the major market events including product launches, development trends, mergers & acquisitions and the innovative business strategies opted by key market players. Along with strategically analyzing the key markets, the report also focuses on industry-specific drivers, restraints, opportunities and challenges in the Firewall And Virtual Private Network (VPN) market. This research report offers in-depth analysis
Virtual Private Network (VPN) Market Outlook to 2023 – Private Internet Access …
A virtual private network (VPN) extends a private network across a public network, and enables users to send and receive data across shared or public networks as if their computing devices were directly connected to the private network. (“In the simplest terms, it creates a secure, encrypted connection, which can be thought of as a tunnel, between your computer and a server operated by the VPN service.”) Applications running across