Data Privacy Day: 6 Online Privacy Tips for EveryoneJanuary 28 is Data Privacy Day, and NordVPN is issuing a reminder about simple online privacy rules that each user should follow to stay safe and secure.
“We are glad that Data Privacy Day exists,” says Ruby Gonzalez, Head of Communications at NordVPN. “However, Privacy Day should be every day. There are simple things that are easy to maintain every day in order to avoid major hacks, system crashes, data loss and various snoopers.”
NordVPN shared main online privacy rules for everyday Internet user:
1. Always update the software. Software manufacturers constantly find new bugs and fix them with each new update, but users need to keep their systems up to date. Bugged software might cause data leaks, putting user’s privacy at risk.
2. Be cautious about what you share on social media. Have in mind that what you post online, stays online. If you are going on vacation, it’s wiser to post vacation photos after you come back – otherwise, thieves might know your house is empty. Also, don’t share any personal details, addresses or phone numbers.
3. Switch to an encrypted email provider, such as ProtonMail. ProtonMail is a free encrypted email service provider, offering end-to-end encryption – meaning even the provider itself cannot decrypt and read subscribers’ emails. No personal information is required to create accounts, and the basic account service is offered free of charge. Other secure email providers include Tutanota and Countermail.
4. Use strong passwords and a password manager. Perhaps the most basic requirement for any online account setup is using strong passwords and choosing different passwords for different accounts. Weak passwords make it simple for hackers to break into an account. A reliable password has a minimum of 12 characters and includes a strong mix of letters, numbers and characters. It’s not easy to remember strong passwords for each site, so it’s recommended to use a password manager, though some – such as LastPass – have also experienced security breaches. In any case, password managers are still recommended for safety and security – such as truekey.com and 1Password.
5. Turn on multi-factor authentication. Multi-factor authentication is a security system that requires a user to log in with their username and password and then take the second step of authentication: either through a fingerprint scan or by sending a code via text. Most sites, including email providers, already offer multi-factor authentication as an option.
6. Use a VPN. A VPN encrypts all traffic between a user’s computer and a VPN server, adding privacy and security to their Internet browsing experience. The only information visible to anyone in between the user’s computer and VPN server is the fact they are connected to VPN – and nothing else. All other information is private as it is encrypted by the VPN’s security protocol. NordVPN secures users’ data with features like automatic kill switch and a strict no logs policy.
To find out more about NordVPN, please visit nordvpn.com.
NordVPN is the world’s most advanced VPN service provider that is more security oriented than most VPN services. It offers double VPN encryption, ad blocking & Onion Over VPN. The product is very user-friendly, offers one of the best prices on the market, has over 5,000 servers worldwide and is P2P-friendly. One of the key features of NordVPN is zero log policy. For more information: nordvpn.com.
Delta Bank Building
Panama City, Panama
Public Relations Manager
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release Data Privacy Day: 6 Online Privacy Tips for Everyone here
News-ID: 1541767 • Views: 199
More Releases from NordVPN
Five Things You Must Teach Your Parents to Be Safe Online
It’s official — social media and smartphones are no longer the exclusive domain of millennials and generation Y. A new study has found that no less than 67% of 65-74s in the UK and the USA use the internet, with 34% having social media accounts. “Although a lot of seniors are embracing smart and social technology, they need to be reminded about its dangers. Online scammers can take advantage of
Top 5 Common Online Threats That Parents Should Know
September 20, 2019. Every new school year brings an increase in online risks. That’s because kids start using electronic devices more — both inside and outside the classroom. Nevertheless, adults still lack understanding of the most common risks their children face. “If you are aware of the possible threats, you can take steps to avoid them. That’s why parents need to know everything about the dangers
How Your Data Can be Stolen, Where it Goes Afterwards, and How You Can Protect Y …
Headlines about massive data breaches affecting millions of users have never been so frequent as now. In March, a security breach involving an email marketing company may have exposed the private data of 800 million people. This makes it one of the biggest data breaches so far, potentially affecting about 1 out of every 9 people. But where do all these huge datasets go after the leak, and is it
Online Shoppers Face a New Threat That Is Almost Impossible to Detect
About 4,800 websites get infected with formjacking software every month globally. The newest Symantec’s Internet Security Threat Report lists formjacking as one of the most dangerous attacks in the history of cybercrime. Formjacking is like virtual ATM skimming. First, cyber criminals inject malicious code into an online shopping website to steal victims’ payment card details. The code reads credit card information as the person enters it, and then sends that
More Releases for VPN
Exclusive Report Virtual Private Network (VPN) Market 2019 Growing with Major Em …
Virtual Private Network (VPN) Market 2019 Industry Research Report study provides information on market trends and development, drivers, capacities, technologies, and on the changing dynamics of Virtual Private Network (VPN) Market. A thorough analysis of these elements has been accepted for defining the future growth prospects of the global Virtual Private Network (VPN) market. Get Sample Copy of this Report -https://www.orianresearch.com/request-sample/1011752 Market Overview: The Global Virtual Private Network (VPN) market 2019 research
Virtual Private Network (VPN) Market | Size | Analysis | Share | Outlook by key …
MarketResearchNest.com adds “Global Virtual Private Network (VPN) Market 2019 by Company, Regions, Type and Application, Forecast to 2024” new report to its research database. The report spread across in 121 pages with table and figures in it. A virtual private network (VPN) extends a private network across a public network, and enables users to send and receive data across shared or public networks as if their computing devices were directly connected
Firewall And Virtual Private Network (VPN) Market 2019 Precise Outlook - TorGuar …
Global Firewall And Virtual Private Network (VPN) Market Insights, Forecast To 2025 This report tracks the major market events including product launches, development trends, mergers & acquisitions and the innovative business strategies opted by key market players. Along with strategically analyzing the key markets, the report also focuses on industry-specific drivers, restraints, opportunities and challenges in the Firewall And Virtual Private Network (VPN) market. This research report offers in-depth analysis
VPN One Click launches PrivateVPN
VPN One Click launches PrivateVPN PrivateVPN offers users dedicated VPN server and a Dedicated IP Address VPN One Click a popular VPN service with over 20 million customers globally and servers spread across over 41 countries has launched a special VPN service called PrivateVPN. The newly launched PrivateVPN by VPN One Click allows users to connect to a dedicated VPN server having a dedicated IP address. VPN One Click was founded in
VPN Software Market Trending Technologies, Remarkable Developments and Key Playe …
Marketprognosis.com Publish a New Market Research Report On “Global VPN Software Market Size, Status and Forecast 2025” which contains global key player’s survey information and forecast to 2025. Overview of the Global VPN Software Market: The report spread across 101 pages is an overview of the Global VPN Software Market Size, Status and Forecast 2025. These report study based on the VPN Software Market. It is a complete overview of the market,
Virtual Private Network (VPN) Global Market Forecast to 2023 : Nord VPN, TorGuar …
Research By Markets / Press Release / Information Technology, "Global Virtual Private Network (VPN) Market by Manufacturers, Countries, Type and Application, Forecast to 2023", 106 Pages, 11 Companies Profiled. This report focuses on the Virtual Private Network (VPN) in Global market, especially in North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa. This report categorizes the market based on manufacturers, regions, type and application. TOC and List of Tables &