Raandesk Gallery of Art to Exhibit at Affordable Art Fair
"We are thrilled to be a part of AAF this year,” says Jessica L. Porter, the gallery’s founder and director. "AAF is a great show that's very much in line with the Raandesk philosophy of showcasing emerging talent, utilizing alternative venues, and for creating valuable opportunities."
Raandesk will be located at Booth E-202 where the gallery will feature 11 artists, in addition to artists featured in the ART2Gift™ Collection. Featured artists by genre:
• Jason Bryant, New York, NY. Photorealist oil painter Jason Bryant will unveil a new series of paintings that depart from his earlier works.
• Jeff Huntington, Washington DC. Huntington brings to the fair a sneak preview of his September solo show depicting the new series of paintings of children embellished in period clothing.
• Peter Kettle, United Kingdom. Kettle, new to Raandesk, combines still life and surrealism in his paintings.
• Jennie Barrese, New York, NY. Barrese recently celebrated her first solo show in New York with a series of black and white photographs entitled The You In Me.
• Sarah Kaufman, New York, NY. Kaufman will exhibit selections of her work that won her first place in the Optical Juried Exhibition in January 2009.
• Laura Salierno, New York, NY. Long time Raandesk artist, Salierno, unveils a new series breaking from all previous notions of her artwork with a series of photographs on canvas.
• Matej Sitar, Slovenia. Sitar’s photographs will included his comparison diptychs of life in Japan; traditional versus contemporary.
Drawings/Works on Paper
• Jennifer Murray, New York, NY. Murray continues to exhibit her strength and versatility as an artist of illustration and mixed media.
• Neri Ceccarelli, Italy. Ceccarelli is inspired from the layers of meaning found within symbols of everyday life that when rearranged, experience a transformation from their traditional existence as familiar objects.
• Jihay Kang, South Korea, currently based in New York. Kang is motivated by consumerism and materialism to produce her artwork.
• Alan Waters, United Kingdom. Waters is best known for his large-scale outdoor public sculpture; however, at AAF, Raandesk will feature small scale steel sculptures that embrace the grace and stature of Waters’ larger works.
• Shinji Turner-Yamamoto, Osaka, Japan, currently based in Washington, DC. Turner-Yamamoto is a true mixed media artist seeing materials everywhere he looks.
• Marcia Annenberg, New York, NY. Miniature political paintings
• Louise Daddona, Florida. Self-taught photographer.
• Carla E. Reyes, Queens, NY. Mixed media artist
• Robert Kent Wilson, Washington DC. Abstract landscapes and color fields contrasted by organic patterns and textures.
• Ricardo Yamamoto, Brazil, currently based in Tokyo, Japan. Photographer who uses the universal language of his photographs to communicate far and wide.
In addition to the Affordable Art Fair, work by other Raandesk artists will be on view at the following locations during the Affordable Art Fair:
1. It’s Only Black and White, Group Exhibition: Jennie Barrese, Jason Bryant, Miriam Castillo, Kevin Cyr, Louise Daddona, Kim Sillen Gledhill, David Kaelin, Sarah Kaufman, Jee Yun Lee, Kellyann Monaghan, Jennifer Murray, Michelle Nixon, Shinji Turner-Yamamoto, Robert Ken Wilson and Ricardo Yamamoto, Raandesk Gallery, 16 W. 23rd Street, 4th Floor, NYC. Through July 3, 2009.
2. Celebrate the Plaza, Photographs of the Plaza Hotel in transition by Laura Salierno, Glenn Gale Gallery, 8 East 36th Street, NYC. Through May 15, 2009.
Details regarding the Affordable Art Fair:
Where: 7 West 34th Street, NYC
Raandesk – Booth E-202
Private Preview: Wednesday, May 6, 6PM – 9PM
Opening Reception: Thursday, May 7, 6PM – 9PM
Show Hours: Thursday, May 7th 12:00PM - 6:00 PM, Friday & Saturday, May 8 – 9, 12:00PM - 8:00PM, Sunday, May 10th 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM
For more information, contact Heather Roth Sullivan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212.696.7432.
RAANDESK® GALLERY OF ART combines a virtual resource of contemporary artwork by emerging artists through www.raandeskgallery.com, with ART@IGC, the gallery's regular exhibition venue and through temporary alternative site exhibitions and special events across the country.
Raandesk Gallery of Art
16 W. 23rd Street, 4th Floor
New York, NY 10010
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release Raandesk Gallery of Art to Exhibit at Affordable Art Fair here
News-ID: 77761 • Views: 1850
More Releases from RAANDESK Gallery of Art
RAANDESK GALLERY PRESENTS: IT’S ONLY BLACK AND WHITE
The Raandesk Gallery of Art, a virtual and alternative site gallery of contemporary and emerging art in New York city announces It’s Only Black and White, a group exhibition featuring the work of 15 artists in various mediums only in black and white. The opening reception is Thursday, April 23 from 6:30 – 8:30 PM at 16 W. 23rd Street, 4th Floor, NYC. The phrase "black and white" is deceptive in
Raandesk Gallery Presents Someday, Maybe, Never: New Works by Jason Bryant
New York, New York - Folders and files of rumpled and folded magazine clippings fill Jason Bryant's studio, reminders of comic book images and artwork that inspired him as a child. Transplanted to New York from North Carolina by way of Baltimore, MD with a Masters degree in Fine Arts, Jason Bryant has emerged as a highly skilled artist whose stunning images and mastery of his medium create memorable
RAANDESK GALLERY PRESENTS NEW WORK BY CARLA REYES IN "FEMININE CONTINUITY"
Exhibition Highlights Creativity, Nature and the Strength of Women WHEN: Opening Reception, Friday, February 8 from 6:00-9:00 pm WHERE: In Good Company, 16 W. 23rd Street, 4th Fl., New York, NY HOURS: Monday-Friday, 9:00am-8:00pm and by appointment through Raandesk Gallery, email@example.com Exhibition continues through April 18, 2008. New York, NY - The Raandesk® Gallery of Art leads off 2008 with an exhibition of new works by New York artist Carla E. Reyes in
RAANDESK® & 88 GREENWICH PRESENT “ART & LIVING”
THE WORKS OF SIX EMERGING ARTISTS WILL BE SHOWN IN RESIDENTIAL SALES GALLERY AND FIVE TOWER SUITES New York, NY – The Raandesk Gallery’s “Art & Living” exhibition will enable visitors to experience pieces in a home—if not their home. “Art & Living” will take the works of six artists out of the gallery and into five newly renovated, custom-furnished tower suites. Artwork will include photographs by Jennie Barrese and Laura