Mobile Remittances to Africa: Mobile and Financial Services Converge
The number of mobile money users in Africa is still seeing significant growth, however, that is not all. Mobile money services are also evolving, with the next natural step arguably being mobile remittances. The sizeable traditional remittance market is just now beginning to near its mobile moment".
Mobile Remittances to Africa: Mobile and Financial Services Converge a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData, provides an overview of the mobile money and remittance market in sub-Saharan Africa. The report analyses the mobile remittance market and the role of market participants such as MNOs, money transfer operators (MTO), financial technology (fintech) firms and banks. The insider provides case studies, comparisons, conclusions as well as recommendations for operators.
- International mobile remittances are sent less frequently than domestic person-to-person (p2p) payments, but on average transfers are significantly higher in terms of value compared to domestic transfers.
Get PDF for more Professional and Technical insights @ http://www.researchmoz.us/enquiry.php?type=S&repid=1026669
- Mobile remittances account for roughly 0.03% of total global remittances. The total market size is in excess of US$601bn of which most is still remitted via traditional channels (banks or money transfer operators [MTO]) or informal channels (travelling friends or family members). There is therefore a significant opportunity for MNOs to capitalise on challenging the traditional channels and increase mobile remittances usage.
- Migration and remittance numbers are strongly correlated; and with European entry points, such as Italy, having in 2016 seen a record in migration numbers, remittance flows are likely to continue to increase. According to the World Bank, global remittances to sub-Saharan Africa will grow by 3.7% in both 2017 and 2018.
- Competition in traditional and mobile remittances has increased greatly with the entry of financial technology (fintech) firms that apply over-the-top (OTT) solutions to transfer money to mobile wallets. There is also significant co-operation between the different players in the mobile remittances industry as market structure is still at a defining stage. MNOs that lack a footprint in more developed countries are likely to partner with fintech firms in order to enable the receipt of remittances.
- MNOs could be particularly competitive when lower sums of money are being sent. This is partly because they already have existing subscriber base and retail networks, which allows them to undercut the fees of MTOs and banks.
Reasons to buy
- This Insider Report provides a comprehensive examination of mobile remittance business models in the sub-Saharan market to help executives fully understand market dynamics, determine what works and what doesnt.
- Three case studies illustrate the findings of the report, providing insight into particular situations in the mobile remittance market; this will help the reader understand both the challenges confronted in the real world and the strategies employed to overcome those challenges.
- The report discusses concrete opportunities in the mobile remittance market, providing a number of actionable recommendations for service providers.
Make an Enquiry about TOC @ http://www.researchmoz.us/enquiry.php?type=E&repid=1026669
- The report discusses commercial and technical developments in the wider mobile money market and what these developments might mean for the future.
Table of Contents
Introduction: Evolution of Mobile Money
Remittances in Africa
Market detail: Case studies
MTN Cte dIvoire and Airtel Burkina Faso
Vodafone and HomeSend
Key findings and recommendations
List of Tables
Exhibit 1: Mobile Penetration vs. Percentage Of Banked Population (2015)
Exhibit 2: Smartphone Sales Growth, CAGR 2016-21
Exhibit 3: Tigo TZ Leveraging Geolocation Services
Exhibit 4: Commercial and Technological Developments
Exhibit 5: Equity Banks MVNO Equitel
Exhibit 6: Orange Bank In Summary
Exhibit 7: Development Of Mobile Money In Africa
Exhibit 8: Mobile Remittances In Context
Exhibit 9: Top Remittance Recipients (2015)
Exhibit 10: Migration-Remittances Correlation
Exhibit 11: Global Remittances to Sub-Saharan Africa
Exhibit 12: Sample Players - Co-operation and Competition Patterns
Exhibit 13: Mobile Money Remittances Business Models
Browse Report @ http://www.researchmoz.us/mobile-remittances-to-africa-mobile-and-financial-services-converge-report.html
Exhibit 14: Price Comparison (MTOS, MNO,Banks) For Sending Us$XX From France To Senegal
Exhibit 15: Orange Money Remittances
Exhibit 16: Orange Money App & Prices
Exhibit 17: Worldremit In CIV & Burkina Faso
Exhibit 18: MTN and Airtel Partnership
Exhibit 19: Vodafone Footprint
Exhibit 20: Homesend Hub Structure
ResearchMoz is the one stop online destination to find and buy market research reports & Industry Analysis. We fulfill all your research needs spanning across industry verticals with our huge collection of market research reports. We provide our services to all sizes of organizations and across all industry verticals and markets. Our Research Coordinators have in-depth knowledge of reports as well as publishers and will assist you in making an informed decision by giving you unbiased and deep insights on which reports will satisfy your needs at the best price.
Mr. Nachiket Ghumare,
90 State Street, Albany NY, United States - 12207
USA-Canada Toll Free: 866-997-4948
Follow us on LinkedIn @ http://bit.ly/1TBmnVG
Follow me on : https://marketinfo247.wordpress.com/
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release Mobile Remittances to Africa: Mobile and Financial Services Converge here
News-ID: 694978 • Views: 242
More Releases from Mobile Remittances
Mobile Remittances to Africa: Mobile and Financial Services Converge | Now Avail …
Researchmoz added Most up-to-date research on "Mobile Remittances to Africa: Mobile and Financial Services Converge" to its huge collection of research reports. The number of mobile money users in Africa is still seeing significant growth, however, that is not all. Mobile money services are also evolving, with the next natural step arguably being mobile remittances. The sizeable traditional remittance market is just now beginning to near its mobile moment". Mobile Remittances to
More Releases for Exhibit
ATEQ to Exhibit at MD&M East
Visit ATEQ at MD&M East next week in New York, NY to see ATEQ's latest Leak/Flow Testers. Medical Design & Manufacturing (MD&M) East is the east coast's largest medtech event offering professionals a chance to see the latest technologies and solutions in biocompatible materials, components, assembly, contract manufacturing, and more. One expo pass will not only get you into MD&M East but also 5 additional shows with other manufacturing industries that
FEECO to Exhibit at MINExpo
FEECO International, an equipment and solutions provider based out of Green Bay, WI, will be exhibiting at this year’s MINExpo, the leading exhibition for mining equipment and services in the world. This quadrennial event, hosted by the National Mining Association (NMA) will be held September 24 -26, in Las Vegas, Nevada. Bigger than ever this year, the event will feature new products and services, demonstrations, and educational sessions, drawing
EMRapproved to Exhibit at HIMSS12
February 15, 2012 (Las Vegas, Nevada) – EMRapproved.com, the definitive web resource for everything regarding electronic medical records, will be returning to this year’s 2012 HIMSS Conference & Exhibition in booth #4734. Taking place February 20-24 at the Venetian Sands Expo Center in Las Vegas, the conference will feature over 30,000 healthcare industry professionals and 1,100 exhibitors showcasing cutting-edge technology and innovative solutions with the goal of improving care. EMRapproved.com provides
Optellios to Exhibit at ASIS International 2011
NEWTOWN, PA (August 22, 2011, 2011) – Optellios, Inc., a developer and manufacturer of advanced fiber optic sensing and security systems, announced today that they will be exhibiting at the upcoming ASIS International 2011 security trade show, September 19-21 in Orlando, Florida. “We are very pleased to be exhibiting at ASIS; it is one of the premier security products shows of the year and we look forward to demonstrating our
AuraPortal to exhibit at Microsoft Convergence 2011
- AuraPortal to demonstrate their latest product release at Microsoft Convergence to be held in Atlanta, GA, April 10th – 13th - Woburn, MA – April 6, 2011 - AuraPortal (www.auraportal.com), a global provider of Business Process Management (BPM) software, today announced it will be an exhibitor at the Microsoft Convergence 2011 customer and partner event in Atlanta, GA, from April 10th to 13th at the Georgia World
Axceleon to Exhibit at Autodesk University 2010
Axceleon, a leader in high performance cloud computing solutions for computational grids, render farms and cloud environments announced today that it will be exhibiting with RevUp Render at Autodesk University (booth AU#311), Las Vegas, November 30 through December 2, 2010. Axceleon will offer a technology preview of RevUp CloudFuzion which is an image rendering platform service running on Amazon EC2. CloudFuzion PaaS allows production studios to automate and share