2025 Cystic Fibrosis Market Size, Company Share And Distribution Share Data And Analysis
About Cystic Fibrosis Market
Cystic fibrosis (CF) is an autosomal recessive disease caused by mutations in the cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR) gene, which codes for the CFTR protein. As a multisystem condition, CF patients show great heterogeneity in presenting clinical symptoms. CF mainly affects the respiratory and gastrointestinal tracts. Three classes of drugs have been used to for treatment in CF patients: inhaled antibiotics for bacterial and fungal respiratory infections, mucolytic drugs for mucociliary clearance of the airways, and pancreatic enzyme replacement therapies (PERTs) for treatment of CF induced exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (EPI). During the last five years, a new class of drugs was launched into the market, specifically treating the underlying cause of CF. These CFTR modulators help restore function of the insufficient CFTR protein. GlobalData projects the global cystic fibrosis marketplace to experience tremendous growth during the forecast period. This growth will be driven primarily by the highly anticipated arrival of the CFTR modulator, Vertex Pharmaceuticals' ivacaftor/tezacaftor. Insmed's inhaled antibiotic Arikace (liposomal amikacin) is also expected to launch during the forecast period but is not expected to drive CF market growth as much as the CFTR modulator, since it will be competing with other inhaled antibiotics.
Get Sample copy of this Report @ https://www.marketresearchreports.biz/sample/sample/1177518
Key Questions Answered
- Inhaled antibiotics, mucolytic drugs, and PERTs have been the cornerstone of CF treatment. The introduction of CFTR modulators have contributed to better treatment of CF patients; nevertheless, the overall life expectancy in CF patients is still 20-25 years less than in the healthy population. Therefore, there are considerably high unmet needs within the indication. What are the main unmet needs in this market? Will the drugs under development fulfil the unmet needs of the CF market?
- The current late-stage CF pipeline encompasses one CFTR modulating combination therapy and an inhaled antibiotic. Will the late-stage drugs make a significant impact on the CF market? Which of these drugs will have the highest peak sales at the highest CAGR, and why?
- CFTR modulators treat the cause of the CF disease. How will the entrance of CFTR modulators into the CF therapy market affect the other classes of drugs?
- Overview of cystic fibrosis, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines.
- Annualized CF therapeutics market revenue, annual cost of therapy and treatment usage pattern data from 2015 and forecast for ten years to 2025.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, clinical trial mapping and implications for the CF therapeutics market.
- Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, and detailed analysis of late-stage pipeline drugs.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global CF therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
View Report @ https://www.marketresearchreports.biz/reports/1177518/opportunityanalyzer-cystic-fibrosis-opportunity-analysis-and-forecasts-to-2025-market-research-reports
Reasons to buy
The report will enable you to -
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline. Additionally a list of acquisition targets included in the pipeline product company list.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global CF therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global CF therapeutics market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analysing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track drug sales in the global CF therapeutics market from 2015-2025.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents 2
1.1 List of Tables 6
1.2 List of Figures 7
2 Cystic Fibrosis: Executive Summary 9
2.1 CF Transmembrane Conductance Regulator Modulators Expected to Drive Substantial Growth in the Cystic Fibrosis Market from 2015-2025 9
2.2 Licensing Activity and the Formation of New Partnerships Will Steer Small Companies to Continue Research of Novel Compounds 11
2.3 Marketed and Pipeline CF Transmembrane Conductance Regulator Modulators Will Provide Appropriate Treatment for the Majority of the CF Population, but the High Unmet Needs Will Remain 12
2.4 Opportunities Will Remain for the Development of New CF Transmembrane Conductance Regulator Modulators 12
2.5 What Do Physicians Think? 13
Send An Enquiry Request @ https://www.marketresearchreports.biz/sample/enquiry/1177518
3 Introduction 15
3.1 Catalyst 15
3.2 Related Reports 15
3.3 Upcoming Related Reports 15
4 Disease Overview 16
4.1 Etiology and Pathophysiology 16
4.1.1 Etiology 16
4.1.2 Pathophysiology 16
4.2 Classification 20
4.3 Symptoms 21
4.4 Prognosis 22
4.5 Quality of Life 23
5 Epidemiology 24
5.1 Disease Background 24
5.2 Risk Factors and Comorbidities 25
5.3 Global Trends 26
5.3.1 Diagnosed Incidence and Diagnosed Prevalence 27
5.4 Forecast Methodology 29
5.4.1 Sources Used 29
5.4.2 Forecast Assumptions and Methods 37
5.4.3 Sources Not Used 49
5.5 Epidemiological Forecast for CF (2015-2025) 50
5.5.1 Diagnosed Incident Cases, Based on Registry Data 50
5.5.2 Diagnosed Prevalent Cases, Based on Registry Data 53
5.5.3 CF Mortality, Based on Registry Data 62
5.5.4 Diagnosed Incident Cases, Adjusted for Underestimation 65
5.5.5 Diagnosed Prevalent Cases, Adjusted for Underestimation 68
5.5.6 CF Mortality, Adjusted for Underestimation 76
5.6 Discussion 79
5.6.1 Epidemiological Forecast Insight 79
5.6.2 Limitations of the Analysis 80
5.6.3 Strengths of the Analysis 81
6 Current Treatment Options 82
6.1 Overview 82
6.2 Diagnosis and Treatment 83
6.2.1 Diagnosis 83
6.2.2 Treatment Guidelines and Leading Prescribed Drugs 84
6.3 Clinical Practice 85
6.4 Product Profiles - Major Brands, Inhaled Antibiotics 86
6.4.1 TOBI (tobramycin) 86
6.4.2 TOBI Podhaler (tobramycin) 89
6.4.3 Quinsair (levofloxacin) 93
6.4.4 Cayston (aztreonam) 95
6.4.5 Bramitob/Bethkis (tobramycin) 99
6.4.6 Colobreathe (colistimethate sodium) 102
6.5 Product Profiles - Major Brands, Mucolytics 105
6.5.1 Pulmozyme (dornase alfa) 105
6.5.2 Bronchitol (mannitol) 109
6.6 Product Profiles - Major Brands, CF Transmembrane Conductance Regulator Modulators 113
6.6.1 Kalydeco (ivacaftor) 113
6.6.2 Orkambi (ivacaftor + lumacaftor) 118
6.7 Product Profiles - Major Brands, Other Therapies 121
6.7.1 Pancreatic Enzyme Replacement Therapies 121
MarketResearchReports.biz is the most comprehensive collection of market research reports. MarketResearchReports.Biz services are specially designed to save time and money for our clients. We are a one stop solution for all your research needs, our main offerings are syndicated research reports, custom research, subscription access and consulting services. We serve all sizes and types of companies spanning across various industries.
90 Sate Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207
USA: Canada Toll Free: 866-997-4948
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release 2025 Cystic Fibrosis Market Size, Company Share And Distribution Share Data And Analysis here
News-ID: 642061 • Views: 159
More Releases from MarketResearchReports.biz
Hydro-flyers Market: Moving Towards a Brighter Future
A hydro-flyer is an adventure sporting device which uses the propulsion of water jet technology to create continuous flight movement, where the lift and movement are controlled by the flyer. Hydro-flyers sporting devices make use of the flow of water power to drive the flyer to reach soaring heights. The rise in water sporting facilities is one of the major factors that promote the growth and demand for hydro-flyers in
Outdoor Floodlights: Technology and Market Dynamics
Outdoor floodlights is a reliable, highly efficient, and economical solution for a wide range of outdoor applications. These lights are resistant to temperature fluctuations and they remain stable even in extreme climatic conditions. Unlike the traditional lights, floodlights remain stable and functional even in harsh climatic conditions. This makes them ideal for use in any climate and any outdoor application. Outdoor floodlights save a significant amount of energy and consume
Snow Helmets Market Future Prospects and Regional Outlook
Riders are riding faster and getting bolder day by day. Hence, safety equipment need to be updated as per the requirement and changing time. Earlier, helmets were primarily used by extreme skiers and racers. They were used only on slopes. However, later, the use of helmets was made compulsory. Earlier, bulky black helmets were used by riders, which are outdated at present. Currently, new stylish helmets that can match with
Predictions for 2019: Global Sparkling Water Dispensers Industry Is Set to Boom
Sparkling water dispensers are equipment used for dispensing carbonated water. These dispensers mix the still, filtered water with carbon dioxide before dispensing. Sparkling water dispensers are mostly used in households and commercial establishments such as amusement parks, hotels, restaurants, and sports arenas. A sparkling water dispenser has separate outlets for hot water and cold water. The hot water outlet does not require a separate filtration process. However, cold water is
More Releases for CFTR
Global CFTR Modulators Market Opportunity Clinical Trials Insight 2026
“Global CFTR Modulators Market Opportunity, Dosage, Price & Clinical Trials Insight 2026” Report Highlights: • Global CFTR Modulators Market Opportunity: > US$ 20 Billion • Global CFTR Modulators Market Growth: 42% CAGR (2017 -2020) • Global CFTR Modulators Market Growth In 2020: 55% • Global CFTR Modulators Pipeline: 30 Drug • Commercially Available Bispecific Antibodies: 4 Drugs • Trikafta Market Share 2020: > 50% Download Report: https://www.kuickresearch.com/report-global-cystic-fibrosis-cftr-modulators-therapeutics-market-size-vertex-trikafta-cftr-potentiators-clinical-trials-research “Global CFTR Modulators Market Opportunity, Dosage, Price & Clinical Trials Insight 2026” provides
Cystic Fibrosis Transmembrane Conductance Regulator (CFTR) Inhibitor Market Over …
Cystic Fibrosis Transmembrane Conductance Regulator (CFTR) Inhibitor -Pipeline Insight, 2020 The global Cystic Fibrosis Transmembrane Conductance Regulator (CFTR) Inhibitor Market research report 2020 provides a basic overview of the industry including definitions, classifications, applications, and industry chain structure. The Cystic Fibrosis Transmembrane Conductance Regulator (CFTR) Inhibitor market report provides information regarding market size, share, trends, growth, cost structure, global market competition landscape, market drivers, challenges and opportunity, capacity, revenue, and forecast. The
Covid-19 led to 62% Growth in Cystic Fibrosis Therapeutics Market 2020; North Am …
Cystic Fibrosis is a hereditary disorder that damages the lungs and digestive system. The cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR) protein becomes dysfunctional due to mutation in CFTR gene. It affects the cells producing mucus, sweat, and digestive juices by making them thick and sticky. It affects the lungs, sweat glands, pancreas, and intestines. Rising prevalence of cystic fibrosis has resulted in increased government initiatives to develop new and improved
Cystic Fibrosis Market to Observe Strong Development through 2025
Cystic Fibrosis Summary Cystic fibrosis (CF) is an autosomal recessive disease caused by mutations in the cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR) gene, which codes for the CFTR protein. As a multisystem condition, CF patients show great heterogeneity in presenting clinical symptoms. CF mainly affects the respiratory and gastrointestinal tracts. Three classes of drugs have been used to for treatment in CF patients: inhaled antibiotics for bacterial and fungal respiratory infections,
Global Respiratory Drugs Market to 2023 - A Changing Therapeutic Landscape as Ke …
ReportsWorldwide has announced the addition of a new report title Global Respiratory Drugs Market to 2023 - A Changing Therapeutic Landscape as Key Patents Expire and Biologics, Targeted Therapies and CFTR Modulators for Asthma and Cystic Fibrosis Treatment Emerge as Market Growth Drivers to its growing collection of premium market research reports. Summary The respiratory therapy area consists of indications that affect the respiratory system in different ways, such as inflammation, the
Global Respiratory Drugs Market to 2023 - A Changing Therapeutic Landscape as Ke …
The respiratory therapy area consists of indications that affect the respiratory system in different ways, such as inflammation, the scarring of lung tissue and excessive production of mucus in the airways. This report focuses on the key therapy area indications of asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) and cystic fibrosis (CF). The causes of respiratory disorders vary significantly across each indication, and include factors such as