win.rar GmbH and RARLAB release WinRAR 3.80
Berlin, October 3rd - win.rar GmbH and RARLAB has announced the release of the new version of the powerful compression program and archive manager WinRAR 3.80. WinRAR 3.80 is available for downloading as of October 1 on the WinRAR website (www.win-rar.com). As part of a special promotion, Download.com is offering the software as of September 30.
The pack software now supports ZIP archives that contain Unicode file names in UTF-8 format. When creating a ZIP archive that uses Unicode characters in file names, the file names themselves are also saved in Unicode. The implementation of Unicode support for the WinRAR user interface has also been improved.
Another additional feature is that ZIP archives encrypted using AES and created in WinZip can now be unpacked.
The new function “Wipe Files” provides even greater security: users have the option of deleting the file, moving it into the Recycle Bin, or wiping the file. By wiping the file, data is overwritten with zero bytes. Deleted data is thus protected from unwanted recovery.
WinRAR has user-specific settings which are saved in profiles. In the new version, these settings can be enabled with a right-click of the context menu, provided the new option "Add to Context Menu " is enabled in the dialog “Profile Settings”.
“Our RAR format is still downward compatible and can also be unpacked by older versions. In providing this functionality, we stand for a sustainable business policy that cultivates trust in our company,” says Öncül Kaya, Managing Director of win.rar GmbH. “Our customers don’t have to worry about changing formats that their friends or business partners might not be able to open.”
Other Highlights of the New Version:
- The updating options “Ask before overwrite” and “Skip existing files” in the archive dialog simplify the managing of your archives and also prevent accidental overwriting of your archives. You decide what WinRAR does when updating existing files in an archive. In contrast to the existing modes “Fresh existing files only” and “Add and update files”, the file times are ignored and only the file names are compared.
- WinRAR and RAR now have a status bar that displays the progress when unpacking archives consisting of several parts when the individual volumes are located in the same folder. WinRAR 3.80 also displays the status bar when unpacking TAR archives.
- WinRAR 3.80 now also supports the use of quotation marks in the command lines of self-extracting modules (SFX modules) with graphical user interface (GUI). When needed, two quotation marks can be set. With the new SFX script command “Update” and the corresponding options on the “Update” tab (dialog “Advanced SFX Options”), the file times are checked during unpacking and the files are updated based on these times. In the SFX script command “Shortcut” and the command “Add shortcut …” in the Advanced SFX options, only one icon file can be entered which contains the icon for the link.
- WinRAR and RAR evaluate the environmental variables used in files which contain a list of file names such as %windir%*.exe or %USERPROFILE%Desktop.
- TAR archives with data unequal to zero are now also support in “Extra Field” as well as TAR archives which do not contain the entry for the end of the archive consisting of 512 zero bytes.
- The console version of RAR now displays the checksum of newly packed data when updating files in solid archives.
- The new switch -cp lets users select a compression profile in command line modus. However, this is only supported by the version with a graphical user interface WinRAR.exe, but not by the console version rar.exe.
- The size of the WinRAR dialog “Extraction path and options” can be dragged by the mouse to the desired size in WinRAR 3.80. WinRAR then saves the size.
- The key combination Shift+Tab can be used in the main WinRAR window to toggle between the GUI elements (files, comments, tree, address) in reverse order.
- And much more ...
A complete list of all new WinRAR 3,80 functions – including the command line version – can be found at http://www.win-rar.com/whatsnew.html (in English).
About win.rar GmbH
win.rar GmbH, has been the official distributor of WinRAR and RARLAB products since February 2002 and handles all support, marketing, and sales related to WinRAR & rarlab.com. The company is registered in Germany and is represented worldwide by local partners in more than 70 countries on six continents. winRAR’s declared objective is to provide first-class quality support and to optimize their software to meet the requirements and in accordance with the feedback of their customers. For more information about WinRAR and win.rar GmbH go to http://www.win-rar.com.
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release win.rar GmbH and RARLAB release WinRAR 3.80 here
News-ID: 55726 • Views: 1976
More Releases from win.rar GmbH
The final version of WinRAR 6.10 has been released!
Berlin, January 24th, 2022: RARLAB.COM and win.rar GmbH are proud to present the final release of WinRAR 6.10. WinRAR is being constantly improved to provide the users with a stable and reliable software to compress, secure, and archive their personal data. WinRAR is now fully compatible with Windows 11. This update introduces additional usability enhancements to make the usage of the world’s leading compression and archive management software even more
The final version of WinRAR 5.40 is ready for download!
The latest version brings enhancements in usability and compatibility as well as many technical improvements. Berlin, 19th August 2016 – win.rar GmbH and RARLAB.COM are pleased to announce the final release of WinRAR 5.40. The new release is focusing on usability and efficiency improvements, offering the customer the best solution to archive, compress and secure their personal data. “We are trying hard to fulfill our users’ request for new and improvements of
WinRAR 4.20: Final version is ready for download. Compression and Decompression …
The current version has improved the speed significantly compared to older versions of WinRAR. Berlin, 14.06.2012 – win.rar GmbH and RARLAB are proud to present to the public the final version of WinRAR 4.20. Users will realize that the compression speed is now up to three times higher than in previous versions and the improvements are valid for both RAR and ZIP compression. Speed Improvements for RAR Compression As quad core CPUs are
Compression and Uncompression are much faster now!
The first Beta of WinRAR 4.20 is ready for download. The current version has improved the speed significantly compared to older versions of WinRAR. Berlin, 03.05.2012 – win.rar GmbH and RARLAB are proud to present the public the first Beta version of WinRAR 4.20. User will realize that the compression speed is up to three times higher than in previous versions and the improvements are valid for RAR and ZIP compression. Speed Improvements
More Releases for RAR
Nuclear Receptor ROR Gamma (Nuclear Receptor RZR Gamma or Nuclear Receptor Subfa …
ReportsWorldwide has announced the addition of a new report title Nuclear Receptor ROR Gamma (Nuclear Receptor RZR Gamma or Nuclear Receptor Subfamily 1 Group F Member 3 or RAR Related Orphan Receptor C or Retinoid Related Orphan Receptor Gamma or RORC) - Pipeline Review, H2 2017 to its growing collection of premium market research reports. Summary Nuclear Receptor ROR Gamma (Nuclear Receptor RZR Gamma or Nuclear Receptor Subfamily 1 Group F Member
Retinoic Acid Receptor Gamma (RAR Gamma or Nuclear Receptor Subfamily 1 Group B …
According to the recently published report 'Retinoic Acid Receptor Gamma - Pipeline Review, H2 2017'; Retinoic Acid Receptor Gamma (RAR Gamma or Nuclear Receptor Subfamily 1 Group B Member 3 or NR1B3 or RARG) pipeline Target constitutes close to 18 molecules. Out of which approximately 18 molecules are developed by Companies. Retinoic Acid Receptor Gamma (RAR Gamma or Nuclear Receptor Subfamily 1 Group B Member 3 or NR1B3 or RARG) -
Retinoic Acid Receptor Alpha (RAR Alpha or Nuclear Receptor Subfamily 1 Group B …
"The Report Retinoic Acid Receptor Alpha (RAR Alpha or Nuclear Receptor Subfamily 1 Group B Member 1 or NR1B1 or RARA) - Pipeline Review, H2 2017 provides information on pricing, market analysis, shares, forecast, and company profiles for key industry participants. - MarketResearchReports.biz" Retinoic Acid Receptor Alpha (RAR Alpha or Nuclear Receptor Subfamily 1 Group B Member 1 or NR1B1 or RARA) pipeline Target constitutes close to 11 molecules. Out
Nuclear Receptor ROR Gamma (Nuclear Receptor RZR Gamma or Nuclear Receptor Subfa …
Market Research Hub (MRH) added a new research report to its vast database titled “Nuclear Receptor ROR Gamma (Nuclear Receptor RZR Gamma or Nuclear Receptor Subfamily 1 Group F Member 3 or RAR Related Orphan Receptor C or Retinoid Related Orphan Receptor Gamma or RORC) Pipeline Review, H2 2017” Target constitutes close to 14 molecules. Out of which approximately 10 molecules are developed by companies and remaining by the universities/institutes. Request
DataNumen Releases Powerful, Affordable RAR Repair Software
DataNumen has released DataNumen RAR Repair version 2.1, a powerful Windows utility that repairs corrupted or damaged RAR files. Using advanced proprietary technologies to scan the damaged RAR archives, DataNumen RAR Repair recovers as many files as possible and minimizes data loss due to file corruption. The software works with all versions of WinRAR archive files, including the very latest WinRAR 5.x releases. Unlike most data recovery applications, the trial version
Final Version of WinRAR 4.10 ready for download
With this new version WinRAR puts some zest into zip! Now many popular features of the RAR-format are available also for the ZIP-format. Berlin – win.rar GmbH and RARLAB present the final version of WinRAR 4.10. The world’s leading compression program contains important new features and significant improvements. The new version WinRAR 4.10 is now ready for download at http://www.win-rar.com. Optimization of ZIP-support With the new version of WinRAR 4.10 the developers