Can Ordinary Folks Build a New Online Accredited College
As the founder of the nation’s #1 online and blended university builder, Global Academy Online, DiUlus has 15 years of experience building new schools and has laid out how it can be done by anyone who possesses the passion and dedication to make it so. He offers that any effort to build a new online approved and accredited online school needs to adopt and adapt the basic things that make a school of elementary or higher education possible. The following are the dozen points he says must be included in the development and fulfillment of a new online college:
1. A clear convincing motive that centers on delivering knowledge and quality education to a clearly identified target market.
2. Organize as a nonprofit tax exempt organization. For-profit schools in the USA are dead if they are designed to be degree granting new online schools.
3. Select an appropriate name for the school. Avoid a knock-off of famous names or derivative of another very well-known school. Such a mistake would beg for such a school to be labeled a diploma mill.
4. Fill out a state application in the state of your choice for approval to open a school. Avoid the Golden Bear state and all of New England and make sure your state will approve a nonprofit online college.
5. Create and/or license copyright curriculum. Very important that your curriculum is original and created by those who have the credentials to do so.
6. Keep your initial submission of curriculum simple and what you believe is the demand. If you have no idea. Quit now, you won’t make it.
7. Provide backup data for your application including flawless documentation as required by regulators that includes a complete Catalog, Enrollment, Admissions, Registration, Student Rights, Student Grievance Procedures, Faculty Handbook, local city or county license, secretary of state approval to operate in the state, liability insurance, internal security for records, retention procedures, library (electronic) and librarian, and a never-give-up commitment to rewrite documentation often to satisfy whims of regulator reviews.
8. Demonstrate the school’s financial integrity. It is key. Answer the ‘what ifs’ if all or some students quit and want a refund or in the worst case if your school goes bankrupt? Regulators at every step of the way want to know this.
9. Select real and experienced faculty. Make sure they are capable of teaching at an accredited university and can prove it.
10. Have financial statements prepared by a professional that demonstrates your resources available to back up the school. No bankruptcy or felony conviction are permitted for sponsors, financial backers or board members.
11. Project a three to five year financial and income statement pro-forma demonstrating flow of funds based on tuition and contribution expectations such as endowments and sponsor’s and benefactor funding in order to build a base for the new school.
12. Build your website. Tell the truth. Claim only what is real.
DiUlus cautions that success is not predicated on money as much as it is on dedication and one’s ongoing passion to educate others. If you truly want to start a school, he says, and you have that passion to fill a unique niche, then creating a tuition driven nonprofit online university will find the world is your stage.
Global Academy (Online) is an AMERICAN international higher education consultancy specializing in building new online and blended colleges and universities. The Firm counts itself among the most innovative pioneer developers of cutting edge online and blended colleges and universities in the world today.
Global Academy Online
Empire State Building
350 Fifth Avenue, 59th Floor
New York NY 10118
Executive Vice President
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release Can Ordinary Folks Build a New Online Accredited College here
News-ID: 389373 • Views: 636
More Releases from Global Academy Online
Online College Programs Breaking Free
In 2002 Global Academy Online, then a fledgling online college degree program curriculum provider proffered the idea of creating a tuition free online university. That university was named The DiULUS Institute after the family name of the CEO and founder of Global Academy Online, Dr. Fred DiUlus. The DiULUS Institute was correctly recognized by Inside Higher Education in 2006 as the brainchild of Dr. Fred DiUlus. Recognized early on as
More Releases for DiUlus
Home Schooling Invades Higher Education
Higher education is changing at a rapid rate. So rapid, in fact, is the change coming, professors from some of the most respected colleges in the world are touting free education online. The opportunity for free learning and college degree preparation on a global scale today is expanding at an unprecedented rate According to Dr. Fred DiUlus, an early pioneer in online higher education and the father of online college
The Small College Survival Blueprint
Author and online education pioneer Dr. Fred DiUlus, CEO and Founder of Global Academy Online, Inc. and the father of online higher education ratings and rankings is an online education revolutionary. Dr. DiUlus' innovative ideas for small liberal arts school survival grew out of a teaching assignment at a small southwestern college twelve years ago where he says he witnessed, "An administration and board of trustees apparently frozen in their
Top Ten 2011 Online Universities in the World
Four of the top ten online universities in the world are not "Made in the USA" Three international schools covet the top slots according to Dr. Fred DiUlus, the author of the 2011 8th annual edition of the BEST WORST ONLINE DEGREE PROGRAM PROVIDERS. Dr. DiUlus, an online education pioneer and father of online higher education rating and rankings is the CEO and founder of Global Academy Online, Inc. He
Global Academy Online Spreading the Wealth of Knowledge
How does one go about spreading knowledge around the world, at no cost and with the educators and trainers all donating their time and talent without leaving their home or office? CEFE, the Center for Ethics in Free Enterprise, a non-profit education arm of Global Academy Online, DC based university builders, is doing just that. CEFE, the sixteen-year-old cyber based non-profit ethics and entrepreneurship education provider for professionals and
Peanuts, Popcorn, Accredited Degrees
Marginal online accredited university growth is booming. According to the latest updates in the 2010 edition of THE BEST WORST ONLINE DEGREE PROGRAMS over 80 accredited online college providers are marginal at best, providing little academic rigor and virtually no chance of transfer to a top tier university for an advanced degree. Dr. Fred DiUlus, the author, CEO, and Founder of Global Academy Online, Inc., the first online university builders in
One Man’s Passion to Revolutionize Education and Crush Ignorance
Author and international online education expert Dr. Fred DiUlus, wants to “crush ignorance through knowledge” and that knowledge he says, “We can deliver.” DiUlus offers that dedicated individuals can do this with or without the aid of today’s schools, training centers, colleges and universities. For him and his colleagues, it’s a 21st Century education revolution all made possible by the invention of the cell phone, computer, and the Internet placed