What are the mechanical properties of seamless steel pipes?What are the mechanical properties of seamless steel pipes?
Mechanical properties are important indicators to ensure the final performance of seamless steel pipes, which depend on the chemical composition and heat treatment system of the steel. In the seamless steel pipe standard, the tensile properties (tensile strength, yield strength and yield point, elongation), hardness, toughness index, high and low temperature properties required by users are specified according to different usage requirements.
(1) Tensile strength (Rm). During the tensile process, the stress obtained by dividing the maximum force (Fm) endured by the sample when it breaks by the original cross-sectional area of the sample (So) is called tensile strength (Rm). It represents the maximum ability of a metal material to resist damage under tension.
(2) Yield point. For metal materials with yield phenomenon, the stress at which the sample can continue to elongate without increasing force during the stretching process is called the yield point. If the force decreases, a distinction should be made between the upper and lower yield points. The unit of yield point is N/mnA2 (MPa).
(3) Elongation after break (A). In the tensile test, the percentage of the increased length of the gauge length after the specimen is broken to the original gauge length is called elongation.
(4) Area reduction (Z). In the tensile test, the percentage of the maximum reduction in the cross-sectional area at the reduced diameter after the specimen is broken and the original cross-sectional area is called the shrinkage of area.
(5) Hardness index. The ability of a metal material to resist hard objects being pressed into the surface is called hardness. Depending on the testing method and application scope, hardness can be divided into Brinell hardness, Rockwell hardness, Vickers hardness, Shore hardness, microhardness and high temperature hardness.
(6) Impact toughness index. Impact toughness is the ability of a metal material to resist external impact loads. It is generally expressed in impact energy (Ak) and the unit is J (Joule). The impact energy test is divided into three types: normal temperature impact test, low temperature impact test and high temperature impact test due to different test temperatures.
Chemical composition of seamless steel pipe
The chemical composition of seamless steel pipes is one of the important factors related to the quality and final performance of the steel pipes, and is even the main basis for the heat treatment system of the final product.
(1) Smelting composition of steel. The chemical composition specified in the general standard refers to the smelting composition. It refers to the chemical composition of steel during the smelting and casting process. In order to make it representative, that is, to represent the average composition of the furnace or tank, it is specified in the standard method of sampling: Cast the molten steel into small steel ingots in the sample mold, make sample fragments or drill them, and follow the specified standard method Perform analysis.
2) Finished product ingredients. Also known as the acceptance analysis composition, it is the chemical composition obtained by drilling holes or making sample pieces from the finished steel according to the prescribed method, and analyzing it according to the prescribed standard method. During the crystallization and subsequent plastic deformation of steel, the composition of the finished product deviates from the standard composition range due to the uneven distribution of alloying elements in the steel.
Eastern Steel Manufacturing Co.,Ltd: https://www.eastern-steels.com
Address: No.229, Tongzipo West Road, Lugu International Industrial Park, Yuelu District, Changsha, China
Tel: +86 731-85591609
Seamless Steel Pipe: https://www.eastern-steels.com/product/seamless-steel-pipe.html
Seamless Carbon Seamless pipe: https://www.eastern-steels.com/products/carbon-steel-seamless-line-pipe.html
Seamless Hydraulic Tube: https://www.eastern-steels.com/products/hydraulic-steel-tube.html
Eastern Steel Manufacturing Co.,Ltd is a leading manufacturer and distributor of seamless steel pipe, welded steel pipe, OCTG products and fittings. We supply first-step processing, semi-finished parts and finished parts to help our clients meet fabrication requirements beyond their capacity or to improve operations by moving forward the pre-production processing. For more, visit: https://www.eastern-steels.com/
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release What are the mechanical properties of seamless steel pipes? here
News-ID: 3261861 • Views: …
More Releases from Eastern steel Manufacturing Co.,Ltd
Related terms for steel pipes
Related terms for steel pipes 1. Size (1) Nominal size: It is the nominal size stipulated in the standard, the ideal size desired by users and manufacturers, and the order size specified in the contract (2) Actual size: It is the actual size obtained during the production process, which is often larger or smaller than the nominal size. This phenomenon of being larger or smaller than the nominal size is called deviation. (3) Meter
Types of OCTG casing
Types of OCTG casing OCTG casing is a steel pipe used to support the wall of oil and gas wells to ensure the normal operation of the entire oil well after the drilling process and completion. Each well uses several layers of casing according to different drilling depths and geological conditions. Cement is used to cement the well after the casing is run down. It is different from tubing and drill
The Basics of Hydraulic Tubing and Piping
The Basics of Hydraulic Tubing (https://www.eastern-steels.com/products/hydraulic-steel-tube.html) and Piping: An Essential Guide Introduction Hydraulic systems are widely used in various industries for transmitting power and controlling machinery. One crucial component of these systems is hydraulic tubing and piping. These channels play a vital role in carrying hydraulic fluids under pressure, ensuring smooth and efficient operation. In this article, we will delve into the basics of hydraulic tubing and piping, exploring their functions, materials, design
The Differences Between ERW and Seamless Steel Pipes
The Differences Between ERW pipes（https://www.eastern-steels.com/products/erw-steel-pipe.html） and Seamless Steel Pipes（https://www.eastern-steels.com/products/carbon-steel-seamless-line-pipe.html） Steel pipes are used in a wide range of applications, from oil and gas pipelines to structural steel and more. Two of the most common types of steel pipes are ERW pipes and seamless pipes. While both types of pipes are made from high-quality steel, there are some significant differences between the two. In this article, we will explore the differences between
More Releases for Seamless
Carbon steel seamless tube vs Stainless steel seamless tube
The difference between carbon steel seamless tube and stainless steel seamless tube mainly refers to the difference in design rules between carbon steel and stainless steel, which means that the design rules of these two types of steel cannot be used in common. These differences are summarized as follows: Carbon steel 1. Ordinary steel is carbon steel, that is, iron-carbon alloy. According to the level of carbon content, it is divided into
Seamless steel tube hardness testing
The hardness test is to slowly press a hard indenter into the surface of the sample under specified conditions, and then test the depth or size of the indentation to determine the hardness of the material. Hardness test is a simple, rapid and easy-to-implement method in material mechanical property test. The hardness test is non-destructive, and there is an approximate conversion relationship between the material hardness value and the tensile
Anti-corrosion technical requirements for seamless pipes
Seamless steel pipe (SMLS) is the most widely used pipe material at present. Generally, it needs anti-corrosion treatment when it is used for chemical pipelines, oil pipelines, natural gas pipelines, water pipelines and other projects. The common anti-corrosion processes of seamless steel pipes mainly include 3PE anti-corrosion, Epoxy coal tar anticorrosion, epoxy resin anticorrosion, IPN8710 anticorrosion, cement mortar anticorrosion technology, etc. 1. Why is seamless steel pipe anti-corrosion? Seamless steel pipe is
seamless and welded pipe
Seamless steel pipe is a round, square and rectangular steel with a hollow section and no joints on the periphery. Seamless steel pipes are made of steel ingots or solid tube billets through perforation into capillary tubes, and then made by hot rolling, cold rolling or cold drawing. Welded steel pipes refer to steel pipes with seams on the surface that are welded after bending and deforming steel strips or steel
cs seamless pipe extrusion process
Structural and cs seamless pipe are both extruded. That means a billet of material is forced through a hole in a die shaped to form the two-dimensional cross-section. Extrusion of seamless tubes Extrusion method refers to the metal blank into the extruder barrel, extrusion molding and extrusion rod composed of "closed" container by applying pressure to force the metal extruded rod extrusion die orifice outflow from, and access to metal plastic molding
Seamless Pipes Market 2025: Top Key Players Michigan Seamless Tube, LLC., Tenari …
Market Definition and Introduction Seamless pipes are a type of pipe with round, hollow cross sections without seams. Generally, they are a wrought steel tubular product manufactured without a welded seam. They are conventionally manufactured using a hot forming process through either extrusion or drawing. This is generally followed by cold sizing and molding the pipe into a desired shape and proportion and giving it desirable properties. Seamless pipes are generally