ARTRMX COLOGNE COMPETITION from December 2007 till April 15th 2008
Starting in August 22nd till 31st 2008 „ARTRMX COLOGNE VOL.01” is a topic based art festival that presents contemporary photography, street art, painting, graphics and video art in an extraordinary frame – a platform for lively exchanges between international artists, collectors, gallery-owners and art interested people.
The „ARTRMX COLOGNE VOL.01” exhibitions take place in different off-locations (such as apartments, empty buildings or lofts) throughout Cologne. To participate in these exhibitions, the artrmx e. V. invites young artists to send in their work or their series in regards to the given subject for 2008 „WHERE IS MY MIND?”. In collaboration with artistic advisors, the artrmx e. V. will assemble and distribute the work among the different exhibition spaces.
SUBJECT 2008: WHERE IS MY MIND?
"The mind of the artist is always the point of maximal sensitivity and resourcefulness in exposing altered realities in the common culture." Herbert Marshall McLuhan
Assault on the senses: in the market of advertisement-bawlers, digital-showmen and politics-jugglers the collective attention fluctuates between uncountable commercial possibilities. It’s about time for a private inventory: What do I stand for? Which detections, discernments and disclosures are in my focus of interest? Where does the outward appearance deceive reality? And which illusion is worth to fall for? The artrmx association challenges young artists: see, where no one else can see! Alert, unconventional and inventive positions are wanted, reflecting the present artistically or in documentary style. The competition starts in December 2007. Entry deadline: April 15th 2008.
The obligation lies on the examination of the 2008 given subject „WHERE IS MY MIND?”. Any works from the following genres are allowed to participate: photography, street art, painting, graphics and video art.
ACHIEVEMENTS OF THE ARTRMX E.V.
The artrmx e. V. is responsible for the conception, the organisation, the PR and execution of the programme as well as for the realisation of an exhibition booklet and catalogue. In addition the artrmx e. V. will arrange a frame programme with special exhibitions, parties and symposiums.
- ARTRTMX COLOGNE COMPETITION Entry deadline: April 15th 2008
- ARTRMX COLOGNE VOL.01: August 22nd till 31st 2008
- Vernissage-Party: August 23rd 2008
- ARTRMX COLOGNE VOL.01 symposiums: August 30th and 31st 2008
- Finissage-Party: August 30th 2008
Chantal Blatzheim (eHraum) | Michael Daun | Melanie Erkens | Sascha Geihsler | Daniela Görgens (Little Red Riding Hood) | Dirk Kels (Breitbanddesign) | Margrit Miebach | Ingrid Koppelmann (photofair cologne) | Nina Koppelmann | Michelle Leonard | Dr. Christoph Schaden (SK Stiftung) | Markus Schaden (Schaden.com) | Bahman Shahozaini | Iren Tonoian (Kira Entertainment) | Andra Welkens t.b.c.
- Wolfgang Zurborn (photographer | galerist | lecturer)
- Martin Parr (photographer „Magnum Photos“) t.b.c.
- Claudia Stein (chief editor „photography now“)
- Dr. Barbara J. Scheuermann (curator „Tate Modern London“)
- Markus Schaden (publisher | bookseller „Schaden.com“)
- Prof. Kasper König (director „Museum Ludwig“) t.b.c.
- Gérard Goodrow (director „Art Cologne“)
- Till Gerhard (artist | Germany)
- Alex Radach (artist)
- Stéphane Bauer (head of „Kunstraum Kreuzberg | Bethanien in Berlin“)
- Rik Reinking (curator | collector) t.b.c.
- Robin Banksy (street artist | London) t.b.c.
- Jörg Heikhaus (galerist „heliumcowboy artspace“)
- Zevs (street artist | Paris) t.b.c.
- Dirk Kels (artist)
- Prof. Dr. Michael Erlhoff (dean „Köln International School of Design“ (KISD))
- Mario Lombardo (graphic artist | crative director)
- Boris Hoppek (street artist and graphic designer | Barcelona)
- Kalle Lasn (publisher „Adbusters“ | creativa director „Powershift“, agency for social marketing) t.b.c.
- Dirk Kels (graphic designer)
- Georg Elben (head of der Videonale 10 und 11 in Bonn | freier Kurator)
- Paul Garrin (artist) t.b.c.
- Marcel Odenbach (artist | professor „Kunsthochschule für Medien“ (KHM)) t.b.c.
- Ute Meta Bauer (associate professor „Massachusetts Institute of Technology“ (MIT) in Cambridge | USA) t.b.c.
- Chantal Blatzheim (art historian)
- Jenny Schlenzka (curator MoMA, P.S.1, Kunst-Werke)
t +49 221.721 80 65
f +49 221.258 18 88
m +49 179.702 98 06
Vorstand: Melanie Erkens | Iren Tonoian
The friendly art society artrmx e.V. promotes and popularises contemporary arts. Founded in 2006, the artrmx e.V. annually arranges an art festival, that presents contemporary photography, street art, painting, graphics and video art in an extraordinary frame.
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release ARTRMX COLOGNE COMPETITION from December 2007 till April 15th 2008 here
News-ID: 28056 • Views: 3087
More Releases for COLOGNE
Bartha Contemporary at Art Cologne 2017
Bartha Contemporary is pleased to announce their participation at the 2017 edition of Art Cologne. The presentation will feature a solo-exhibition of works by Alan Johnson from the 1970’s to the present day. Alan Johnston’s presentation at Art Cologne will feature works made over the past five decades. Since his first solo exhibition at Konrad Fischer in Düsseldorf in 1973, Johnston has continuously exhibited internationally. Indeed the exhibitions at Art
VernissageTV at Art Cologne 2011
VernissageTV covers Art Cologne 2011 art fair and shows video art Basel, April 5, 2011 – As media partner of Art Cologne, VernissageTV art tv will cover Art Cologne 2011. The fair for modern and contemporary art will take place in Cologne, Germany from 13th to 17th April 2011. VernissageTV will provide its viewers with atmospheric shots from the fair, recordings of art talks, and in-depth interviews with artists, curators
Launching of Attracting Women Cologne
http://www.AttractingWomenCologne.com was recently launched on 2nd October, 2010. The main objective of this site is to help man to attract ladies by using a special kind of cologne. Nowadays, a lot of men are facing trouble to get women. Some fail because they are shy, some fail because they don't know how and some did try but never succeed. In seeing this problem, the AttractingWomenCologne e-store was launched in order to
WDR Cologne uses Teracue IPTV Encoder/Decoder
Live contribution of Cologne Cathedral and Rhine view into WDR's central broadcast infrastructure The West German broadcasting company (Westdeutscher Rundfunk - WDR) in Cologne uses IPTV encoder and decoder from Teracue to integrate live panorama images into their broadcast process. The WDR has installed a remote controlled camera in a weatherproof housing on a high-rise building on the eastern side of the Rhine river in Köln Deutz - opposite of the Cologne Cathedral. The camera can
Beta Klinik donates defibrillator to Cologne Golfers
Bonn, Germany. If the heart stops beating or its regular rhythm is interrupted, a defibrillator can save lives. Such a portable life-saver was given to Andy Clark of Clark´s Golfworld by Beta Klink. Not only visitors of the golf shop benefit from it but also all sportsmen and -women of the Golf Club Ford Cologne and the Public Golf Course Cologne, which is run by Clark. From time to time it
Bartha Contemporary at Art Cologne 2010
Bartha Contemporary London is pleased to announce the participation at Art Cologne – 44. Internationaler Kunstmarkt. The gallery showcase at Booth E30 in Hall 11 / Level 1, will feature seminal works by Jill Baroff, Benjamin Cottam, Clay Ketter and Beat Zoderer. The fair open’s on Tuesday April 20th and will run through to Sunday April 25th. Jill Baroff’s “Tide Drawings” and sets of “Floating Line Drawings” perfectly illustrate the