Luxembourg Implements New Tax Provisions
For Corporate doing business in Luxembourg:
• The surcharge for employment fund has been hiked by two percentage points from 5% to 7%. This would result in an increase in the total tax for the City of Luxembourg, from 28.80% to 29.22%.
• A minimum tax for corporations has also been introduced. The tax will range from EUR 500 for small companies, to EUR 20,000 for companies with a balance sheet total of more than EUR 10 million. Companies with less than 50 employees and an annual turnover or total balance sheet value of less than EUR 10 million will qualify as small companies.
• Presently, for business organizations with financial assets (including transferable securities, receivables, and bank deposits) of more than nine-tenths of their total assets, a minimum tax of EUR 1,500 per year is levied.
For taxable Individuals in Luxembourg:
• A new tax base bracket has been introduced for individuals with a taxable income of EUR 100,000 or more and for married couples with a taxable income of EUR 200,000 or more. The rate of tax for this bracket will be 40%.
• The surcharge for the employment fund will be 7% (in general), an increase of 3%.
• There are new restrictions for lump-sum deductions of travel expenses.
• There is an annual cap on deductions for debit Interest on consumer loans.
Other Important Changes:
• There are amendments to the investment tax credit system and certain reductions have been offered.
• Certain aspects pertaining to taxation of stock options have been clarified.
• The system for the computation of the taxable base (corporate tax) will be revised.
For more information on this topic email email@example.com
Get the latest press releases and updates on international tax, HR, Finance, compliance and other legal news at Nair & Co. Industry Alerts.
Nair & Co.
1250 Oakmead Parkway, Suite 210
Sunnyvale, CA 94085, U.S
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release Luxembourg Implements New Tax Provisions here
News-ID: 250237 • Views: 1303
More Releases from Nair & Co.
Czech Republic Approves Austerity Measures and Amends VAT Laws
Details of the major VAT changes effective from January 1, 2013 are as follows: • The standard VAT rate has been increased to 21% and the reduced VAT rate to 15%. • The scope for VAT has been widened, making more customers liable to pay in future. • The VAT exemption for insurance and re-insurance has been amended. • The electronic format rules concerning tax documents have been changed. • VAT returns will have to be filed electronically from 2014. • Calendar
Australia Strengthens Data Privacy Laws
France Proposes Changes to Tax Laws for Stock Options
The proposed changes, if implemented, would be applicable to qualified stock options and free shares awarded on or after September 28, 2012. The awards made prior to this date, however, will stay under the existing tax system. Other proposed changes include the new 18 % rate of tax on income which will be applicable on income derived since January 1, 2012, and certain other changes like progressive taxation on capital
Ireland: Taxpayers to Submit Financial Statements in Inline eXtensible Business …
(Sunnyvale, CA)- The revenue department of Ireland declared that it will provide taxpayers the option of submitting financial statements in Inline eXtensible Business Reporting Language (iXBRL) format through the upgraded Revenue's On Line System (ROS), to make the inspection process efficient. Similar facilities will also be available for income tax payers from January 1, 2013. Financial statement submission in iXBRL format is voluntary in the beginning, but will be made mandatory
More Releases for EUR
Archiware delivers professional Archive and Backup for 1,000 EUR
Archiware GmbH, manufacturer of the media-focussed data management software suite Archiware P5, now offers the new, affordable P5 Desktop Edition. The new license bundle caters to small teams and single users willing to professionally archive their media. Director and DOP Anton Nelson showcases what the P5 Desktop Edition can do in a beautiful testimonial. Munich, February 4th, 2019 - Keeping media safe is crucial in media production – be it raw
onlineprinters.com invests more than EUR three million in production
New 8-colour offset printing press expands online print shop's capacity Neustadt an der Aisch, Germany – By investing more than EUR three million, Onlineprinters, the internationally operating online print shop, has expanded the production facilities at its German site. Extra offset printing capacity was added in September with the purchase of a new state-of-the-art 8-colour printing press, the Heidelberger Speedmaster XL 106-8P, including a new CTP system for digital printing plate
EUR 155,000 for Safe Zones Project
Eichsfeld Festival Attracts 25,000 Music Fans to Downtown Duderstadt "Tonight is going to rock!" It was with these words that initiators Professor Hans Georg Näder and Peter Maffay opened the 2012 Eichsfeld Festival this past Saturday. Around 25,000 music fans followed the invitation to experience top-class live performances in the Marktstraße of Duderstadt that day. Peter Maffay, Ich + Ich and four regional special guests did more than just wow the
Clariant successfully issues EUR 500 million Eurobond
Muttenz, January 17, 2012 – Today, Clariant successfully priced an Eurobond transaction of EUR 500 million with a tenor of 5 years, issued by Clariant Finance (Luxembourg) S.A. and guaranteed by Clariant Ltd. The fixed rate notes with a minimum denomination of EUR 100,000 and a final coupon of 5 ⅝ % p.a. are maturing on January 24, 2017. The orderbook was significantly oversubscribed on the back of strong investor demand.
VSCloud – cloud services from 0.78 EUR per day
On 15th of August, at a press conference, the unique cloud project named VSCloud was presented which provides cloud services of IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) type. After three months, VSCloud can boast with hundreds of active users mainly from the Czech Republic and Slovakia. The leadership of VSCloud foresees that the number of first thousand active users will be surpassed by the end of this year. What are the advantages
“Die Presse” Scholarship in the amount of EUR 15000
MSc Program Environmental Technology and International Affairs The shortage of environmental resources and the dealing with pollution are challenges which the international society of the 21st century has to face. Climate change, water shortage and air pollution are only some of the problems which have to be solved. The purpose of a sustainable development can be reached only if decision makers dispose of a comprehensive education. The cooperation between the Vienna University