ESP: Current legal issues
After several quarters of slow recovery, the Spanish economy became intensely vulnerable to deterioration in the euro zone and plunged back into recession during 2011. Through the R.D. Law 20/2012, July 13, (B.O.E. 14/07/2012), relating to measures to guarantee the budgetary stability and promote the competitiveness, the Central Government seeks to recover the path of stable economic growth in Spain.
Among the measures approved in it, It’s necessary refer to the amendments to the Value Added Tax (I.V.A./V.A.T.), Corporate Income Tax (I.S.), and the Personal Income Tax (I.R.P.F.).
1) Amendments relating to the Value Added Tax (V.A.T.):
- General VAT rate goes from 18% to 21%, and certain products and services taxed at a reduced rate passes it to the general rate of 21% (flowers and ornamental plants, mixed service of catering, entertainment, nightclubs, entry to theaters, circuses, other entertainment, services rendered by individuals artists, funeral services, hairdressing services, digital television services, acquisition of works of art, etc.).
- Reduced VAT rate passes from 8% to 10%. This type is the one that applies to food, except for commodities or necessities, water, drugs for animal use, prescription glasses and contact lenses, housing, hotel and restaurant services, library and museum entry, certain works of renovation and home repair, construction or rehabilitation of housing, etc.
- Super-reduced VAT rate remains at 4%. This type is the one that applies to goods and services with regards to staple food: bread, milk, cheese, eggs, fruits, vegetables, books, newspapers, medicines for human use, vehicles for disabled, hearing aid, social housing, telecare services to people living in dependency.
- Purchase of new homes: Is maintained until 31/12/2012 the super-reduced VAT 4%. As of 01.01.2013 the reduced rate will apply 10% VAT.
- Renovation and reparation works performed in homes or apartment buildings are taxed at the reduced rate VAT 10%, if certain requirements are met. From 01/01/2014 on, those will be taxed with a rate of 21% in most of cases.
2) Amendments relating to the Corporate Income Tax (I.S.):
- During the years 2012 and 2013, the loss carried forward for entities with a turnover in excess of twenty million euros is limited.
- Temporary increase of partial payments. The minimum amount is raised from 8% to 12%.
- Extension of the limitation of deduction for financial expenses and extending it to all companies in general, not limited to the
membership of a group.
- New rate of 10% on income from foreign sources, exclusively until 30/11/2012.
3) Amendments relating to the Personal Income Tax (I.R.P.F.) :
- Withholding tax of 21% (instead of 15% now) applied from 01/09/2012 until 31/12/2013 to yield for professionals (i.e. architects, doctors, lawyers, and other activities falling under Sections 2 and 3 of the law for taxation of economic activities (Impuesto sobre Actividades Económicas), and earned incomes obtained teaching courses, conferences, seminars and similar. It is expected that as of 2014 the withholding tax will be determined at 19%.
- Certain works of renovation and repair performed in homes: As of 01/01/2014, the deduction of up to 20% with regard to personal income taxation is eliminated.
Date of entry into force of the R.D. Law 20/2012: 15/07/2012.
The law firm was established in 2003 by Dr. Artur Bunk, an Attorney-at-Law. Qualified in 1995, he was admitted to the Frankfurt Bar in 1997 after obtaining an LL.D. in European Law at the University Viadrina in Frankfurt (Oder). During his career he has worked with the German law firm Pünder, Volhard, Weber & Axster (now Clifford Chance), was Head of Office at Rödl & Partner in Poland, and Senior Legal Counsel at the Legal and Restructuring Department of KfW. In addition to German, he also speaks fluent English and Polish.
Our offices are based around 45 minutes from Frankfurt/Main International Airport in and approx. the same distance from Frankfurt City.
Thanks to the professional experience and background of our Principal and our Attorneys we are in a position to meet the highest requirements and expectations of international clients, which forms an integral part of our business philosophy, enabled us to establish a profound know-how base on international matters unmatched by law offices of comparable size and background. With our network of external consultants (auditors, tax advisors), we are well equipped to perform advisory services usually only found in much larger law offices. Our comparatively low overheads and flexibility enable us to provide our services on a competitive basis.
bunk-alliance has established a close cooperation with law offices in Italy, India, Poland, Slovakia, with auditors and tax advisory offices in Germany and Poland and various governmental agencies.
Phone: +49 6241 97249 0
Fax: +49 6241 97249 11
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release ESP: Current legal issues here
News-ID: 238228 • Views: 3016
More Releases from bunk-alliance Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH
Retroactive refund of capital gains taxes in Germany for free-float dividend pay …
In responses to a decision of the European Court of Justice (ECJ) of 20.10.2011, case number C-284/09, Germany has changed the tax treatments of dividends from investments (§ 20 Subs. 1. Nr. 1 Income Tax Act) of less than 10% (free- float), which are disbursed to corporations. For shareholders, who are subject to corporate taxation in the EU / EEC countries, a refund of German capital gains taxes on
Poland: Removal of bureaucratic hurdles in economic transactions
As of the beginning of 2013, a law on the removal of bureaucratic hurdles in economic transactions is in force in Poland, in particular with regard to tax law as well as the avoidance of payment gridlocks. On 01.01.2013, the act of 16.11.2012 on the removal of bureaucratic hurdles in economic transactions is in force. Based on that law, modifications on tax regulations with regard to leasing transactions were enforced.
Tax consequences for building in of bigger gasoline tanks by freight carrier
Fright carriages very often have bigger gasoline tanks built into their vehicles, which have a bigger capacity than the gasoline tanks installed by the manufacturer. Reason for this is usually that trucks are equipped by the main coachbuilder according to the individual needs of each haulier e.g. for transport of containers, cars or alike. But it can lead to problems, if the company gets gas in other European countries and
New version of yellow page cases in different appearance
In our newsletter July to September 2012 we informed you about the decision by the Bundesgerichtshof (German Supreme Court) with regard to the so called yellow page cases. Those were cases in which a company or a person maintained a yellow page list on the internet and in order to receive entries, it sent forms to traders, which were construed in a manner that on the left side of the
More Releases for Tax
Charter Tax Supports Movember
Kent Accountancy firm, Charter Tax, raise money for the Prostate Cancer UK • Kent based tax specialists raise money for Prostate Cancer UK • Prostate cancer diagnosis fuelled fundraising efforts • Movember aims to reduce premature deaths among men by 25% Employees at Kent-based tax specialists, Charter Tax, have shown their support for this year’s Movember, with 10 team members giving up the razors and growing weird and wonderful moustaches to aid their chosen charity Prostate Cancer
Kreston Reeves Tax Director achieves leading international tax qualification
Kreston Reeves, one of the leading accountancy and financial services firms located across London, Kent and Sussex, is proud to announce that Matthew Creevy, Corporation Tax Technical Director, has achieved the Advanced Diploma in International Taxation (ADIT), placing him in the highest echelons of international tax professionals. ADIT is an advanced level designation in international cross-border tax. The credential is designed by a board of world-leading experts and has been created
The Southbourne Tax Group: Employment
We Requires Integrity, competence, dependability, independence, objectivity and proper conduct from all of its personnel in the performance of all our engagements. Our Policies Our policies and procedures authorize Partners of the Firm for consultation on substantial technical, ethical and industry-wide issues and are also designed to ascertain that customers receive the best financial services available anywhere. The Work Demands top-level tax processing capabilities, problem-solving know-how, extensive software expertise and excellent oral and written communication
German Local Trade Tax
All the companies in Germany are liable to pay not only corporate income tax, whose rate is nowadays about 15% of the annual profit of the company, but also trade tax (Gewerbesteuer), which is a tax of German characteristics. Why would we say that trade tax is of German characteristics? Because it is different from the corporate income tax, which is charged by the German Federal Government and it is difficult
United Tax Group Announces Effective Tax Negotiators
United States (June 2011) – United Tax Group announces effective tax negotiators for clients. Tax negotiators work directly with the IRS so tax payers do not. The expertise of tax negotiators helps save clients thousands. Tax negotiators from United Tax Group are assigned individual clients. This means tax negotiators are working on particular cases assigned. Therefore, clients receive individualized attention for their case. This individualized attention by United Tax Group gets results.
Tax-Compare.Com Recommends TurboTax For Tax Software
Tax-Compare.com suggests TurboTax as one of the recommended options to buy tax software. As you need to fill your taxes even if you are living overseas, the company provides tax filling tips for U.S. citizens living abroad. The company doles out important tips to remember and things to avoid while filling your taxes. Tax-Compare.com provides a detailed comparison of companies selling online tax software. It makes easier for people especially