Trustwave Security Experts to Present at Application Security EventTrustwave SpiderLabs to Deliver Training, Presentations and Demonstrations at OWASP AppSec Research
Trustwave, a leading provider of cloud-based compliance and information security solutions, today announced that cyber security experts from Trustwave SpiderLabs will deliver training, presentations and demonstrations at the OWASP AppSec Research event in Athens, Greece, 10-13 July.
OWASP AppSec conferences bring together industry, government, security researchers and practitioners to discuss the state of the art in application security. This series was launched in the United States in 2004 and Europe in 2005. Global AppSec conferences are held annually in North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia Pacific. Additionally, regional events are held in locations such as Brazil, China, India, Ireland, Israel and Washington D.C.
Trustwave sessions include:
Tuesday, 10 July – Wednesday, 11 July
• David Byrne, Managing Consultant, Trustwave SpiderLabs, and Charles Henderson, Director of Application Security Services, Trustwave SpiderLabs, are hosting a training session, Hack Your Own Code: Advanced Training for Developers. The class will provide developers with a chance to hone their programming skills, whilst also learning to exploit common Web vulnerabilities.
Thursday, 12 July
• Trustwave SpiderLabs’ Byrne and Henderson will present: Screw You and the Script You Rode in On. In this presentation, they will speak about a new open-source tool they have developed and plan to release that uses novel techniques to identify automated access to Websites from things such as scanners, spiders and other automated tools.
• Trustwave’s Director of SpiderLabs EMEA, John Yeo, will host the PCI Security Standards and Application Security discussion panel.
Friday, 13 July
• In their demonstration, Using HASH-based message-authentication-code protocol to reduce web application attack surface, Trustwave SpiderLabs’ Security Researcher, Breno Pinto, and Director of Trustwave SpiderLabs Latin America, Luiz Eduardo Dos Santos, will show a cryptographic protocol to be implemented in a Web Application Firewall in order to reduce the attack surface with minimum impact to the users and zero changes on the Web application itself.
• In Anatomy of a Logic Flaw: Breaking the Myth, Trustwave’s Henderson and Byrne will use real-world examples to show how logic flaws are typically introduced into an application, how they can be detected consistently during testing, and how they can be prevented during development.
• Presenting results from the 2012 Trustwave Global Security Report, Trustwave’s Director of SpiderLabs, Tom Brennan, will identify the top threats encountered by businesses over the past year, based on more than 300 incident investigations, 2,000 penetration tests and 2 million network and application vulnerability scans.
The training, presentations and demonstrations at the OWASP AppSec Research event will be delivered by members of Trustwave SpiderLabs – Trustwave’s team of ethical hackers responsible for application security, incident response and forensics, penetration testing and security research.
Trustwave is a leading provider of compliance, application, network and data security solutions delivered through the cloud, managed security services, software and appliances. For organisations faced with today's challenging data security and compliance environment, Trustwave provides a unique approach with comprehensive solutions that include its TrustKeeper® portal and other proprietary security solutions. Trustwave has helped hundreds of thousands of organisations – ranging from Fortune 500 businesses and large financial institutions to small and medium-sized retailers – manage compliance and secure their network infrastructures, data communications and critical information assets. Trustwave is headquartered in Chicago with offices worldwide. For more information, visit https://www.trustwave.com.
Twitter at www.twitter.com/Trustwave
Facebook at www.facebook.com/Trustwave
Asia-Pacific Connections for Trustwave
9 Stevens Road Singapore 257820
+65 6334 9045
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release Trustwave Security Experts to Present at Application Security Event here
News-ID: 228115 • Views: 6222
More Releases for SpiderLabs
Trustwave Takes On Targetted Attacks with New Security Solutions
New and enhanced solutions offer a multipronged approach to protect against targetted malware Trustwave, a leading provider of cloud-based compliance and information security solutions, today unveiled new and enhanced security solutions to help organisations protect against the growing number of stealthy and sophisticated targetted cybersecurity attacks. Trustwave has enhanced its award-winning Secure Web Gateway, Secure Email Gateway, Network Access Control (NAC), Managed Unified Threat Management (UTM) and File Integrity Monitoring products,
Trustwave Named a Leader in Managed Security Services by Independent Research Fi …
Trustwave, a leading provider of cloud-based compliance and information security solutions, today announced it has been named a “Leader” in the March 2012 “Forrester Wave™: Managed Security Services: North America, Q1 2012”. Trustwave was one of the top vendors “that matter most” that Forrester invited to participate in this evaluation to assess the state of the managed security services provider (MSSP) market. “Trustwave has one of the industry’s most comprehensive
Trustwave to Acquire M86 Security
Acquisition strengthens Trustwave’s cloud and managed security services Products and advanced anti-malware technology prevent targetted, Web-based security threats Trustwave enters multi-billion dollar Web security market Trustwave, a leading provider of cloud-based compliance and information security solutions, today announced it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire M86 Security, a global leader in Web security solutions and advanced anti-malware technology. The acquisition is expected to close within the next few weeks, and financial