Trustwave Takes On Targetted Attacks with New Security SolutionsNew and enhanced solutions offer a multipronged approach to protect against targetted malware
Trustwave, a leading provider of cloud-based compliance and information security solutions, today unveiled new and enhanced security solutions to help organisations protect against the growing number of stealthy and sophisticated targetted cybersecurity attacks.
Trustwave has enhanced its award-winning Secure Web Gateway, Secure Email Gateway, Network Access Control (NAC), Managed Unified Threat Management (UTM) and File Integrity Monitoring products, whilst also delivering the new Trustwave Vulnerability Manager. These Trustwave solutions prevent malware from entering the environment by detecting attacks through the Web and email, stop the propagation of malware from compromised devices and stop the infection of other devices.
Using social media sites like LinkedIn, cybercriminals can easily identify individuals within organisations that most likely have access to confidential data. Once attackers have found their target, they employ sophisticated methods to exploit holes in an organisation’s security posture, whilst remaining undetected as they steal information. As reported in Trustwave’s 2012 Global Security Report, attackers had an average of 173.5 days in their target's environment before detection and 84 per cent of organisations were unable to self-detect a data breach.
That dismal level of detection and protection of malware has a high cost. A recent Ponemon study that surveyed more that 2,500 C-level and IT security personnel from around the world, reported that targetted attacks cost enterprises an average of US$214,000, with most of the cost related to forensic investigation, investments in technology and brand recovery costs.
“Targetted malware attacks are of deep concern for many organisations today,” Wendy Nather, Analyst at US-based 451 Research. "And relying on anti-malware products alone is no longer sufficient. Trustwave is combining many of its technologies – such as secure web and email gateways, network access control and vulnerability management – creating a multidimensional approach to addressing this widespread threat."
“Cybercriminals understand and take advantage of the fact that most organisations rely on limited point security products that operate in silos,” said Patrick McGregor, Senior Vice President of Product Management, Trustwave. “With our new and enhanced lineup of unified-security solutions, Trustwave offers a multipronged approach against targetted attacks by delivering not only security in layers, but also security that is coordinated.”
Enhanced Trustwave solutions that prevent malware from entering an organisation’s environment include:
• Trustwave Secure Web Gateway: With an estimated 50 per cent of all targetted attacks occurring through the Web, Web security protection is vital. The improved, award-winning Trustwave Secure Web Gateway provides in-line, proactive Web-based malware detection of client-side attacks. The newest release also includes policy management enhancements, and Internet Content Adaptation Protocol (ICAP) client support which enables better detection of sensitive data leaks. Additionally, for organisations with remote offices and roaming users, Trustwave Secure Web Gateway now includes a new hybrid platform deployment option – protecting remote offices and roaming users and information from threats.
• Trustwave MailMarshal Secure Email Gateway: The Trustwave MailMarshal Secure Email Gateway provides advanced protection against blended and targetted attacks by detecting embedded, malicious URLs regardless of what device is used to access the email. When the recipient clicks on the link, it is scanned by the Trustwave Blended Threat Module – a cloud-based service that performs real-time code analysis on the requested Webpage to prevent malware from infiltrating the business.
Enhanced Trustwave solutions that prevent malware from propagating include:
• Trustwave Network Access Control: The award-winning Trustwave Network Access Control (NAC) solution prevents the propagation of malware-based attacks by recognising, isolating and removing malware-infected devices from the network. For smaller network environments, Trustwave now also offers an affordable option for managing a defined number of endpoints.
• Trustwave File Integrity Monitoring: The cloud-based, enhanced Trustwave File Integrity Monitoring solution provides an essential early-warning indicator of potential malicious activity and the presence of malware in the network environment by providing insight into critical file and registry changes. Enhancements make understanding complex file changes and modifications easier using simple, non-jargon terms.
Enhanced Trustwave solutions that prevent malware from compromising other critical assets include:
• Trustwave Managed Unified Threat Management: Featuring new Web filtering capabilities and an enhanced intrusion prevention system (IPS) that is powered by Trustwave SpiderLabs-authoured signature libraries, Trustwave Managed Unified Threat Management reduces the time window and opportunity for malware to enter an organisation’s environment.
• Trustwave Vulnerability Manager: The new Trustwave Vulnerability Manager provides internal and external vulnerability scanning based on Trustwave SpiderLabs’ technology. This cloud-based security service helps protect organisations by identifying and reporting network security vulnerabilities to reduce the attack surface that can be exploited by cybercriminals to carry out malware attacks.
Free On-Demand Webinar: “Best Practices to Protect Against Targetted Malware Attacks”
Trustwave is offering a free, on-demand webinar about preventing targetted malware attacks. The webinar, which features 451 Research Analyst Wendy Nather and Trustwave Vice President of Product Marketing Manu Namboodiri, highlights where companies may be vulnerable to targetted attacks; best practices on preventing intrusion, propagation, vulnerabilities and data exfiltration; and how Trustwave unifies Web, email and network-security solutions to detect, block, isolate and prevent targetted attacks.
Trustwave is a leading provider of compliance, Web, application, network and data security solutions delivered through the cloud, managed security services, software and appliances. For organisations faced with today's challenging data security and compliance environment, Trustwave provides a unique approach with comprehensive solutions that include its TrustKeeper® portal and other proprietary security solutions. Trustwave has helped hundreds of thousands of organisations – ranging from Fortune 500 businesses and large financial institutions to small and medium-sized retailers – manage compliance and secure their network infrastructures, data communications and critical information assets. Trustwave is headquartered in Chicago with offices worldwide. For more information, visit https://www.trustwave.com.
Twitter at www.twitter.com/Trustwave
Facebook at www.facebook.com/Trustwave
Asia-Pacific Connections for Trustwave
9 Stevens Road
+65 6334 9045
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release Trustwave Takes On Targetted Attacks with New Security Solutions here
News-ID: 225235 • Views: 1896
More Releases for Web
Web Development Company| Web Design and Development Services | Web Designing Com …
Web Design and Development Company a creative web design and Development Company specialized in HTML5 and Wordpress. We have designers and developers who have the expertise to blend in beauty with the best of the technology. We have 1000 of wordpress themes to fit every business type. If you have a website or looking to get a new one design which has the most sophisticated look and loaded with functionality, please feel
Web Development Company| Web Design and Development Services | Web Designing Com …
Web Design and Development Company is part of Ardor Technology Solutions an offshore PHP web development and multimedia company based in Chennai, India offering the best solutions at much affordable price. The service includes e-Commerce Development, Website Design, Website Development, Graphic Design, 3D Modelling /Animation/Texturing/Lighting, Mobile Apps’ and SEO. Web Design and Development Company have team of 25+ experienced IT professionals dedicated to deliver customize and open source technology business
Web development company Kolkata, Web Design Company India, ecommerce web develop …
Comval web is one of the best service provider company in india. We provide Website Development services and maintainance. software development, Website Designing, Logo Designing, Domain Registration, E-Marketing , Web Hosting,Bulk SMS, Website Development Company in India offers professional web services at reasonable price. Get customized website design, logo Flash design,Internet Marketing, Domain Registration, E-Marketing , Web Hosting .Bulk SMS at your doorstep. Comval web is one of the best
Kirk Communications’ Web Design Agency Delivers Fast Web Solutions
Portsmouth NH, November 20, 2011— Kirk Communications (http://www.kirkcommunications.com), has become a web design agency that has provided clients across all industries with innovative websites. By specializing in website design and development, Kirk’s web design agency is able to quickly deliver web solutions to clients faster than any other website design & development company. The website design and development services of Kirk are very extensive. Whether clients need a full website
Inexpensive Web Space: New affordable Web Servers by Bitpalast
Summary: Bitpalast lifts the premium support requirement from its web servers and now offers affordable web servers and affordable web space. Body: Chicago, November 27, 2010. Bitpalast has lifted the premium support requirement from its web servers. Web space is now available without premium support and has become more inexpensive. Affordable web space is new territory for Bitpalast, since up to now the web-hosting provider made a name for itself mainly with
predic8 launches Public Web Services Registry Web Site
predic8, a provider of open source SOA tools and professional services announces the launch of service-repository.com, an online registry for Web Services. After an initial test phase the Website is now available for the public. The site is not the first directory of free Web Services, but it has some new features that distinguish it from pure lists. Thomas Bayer, the founder of predic8 said: "It is very complicated to explain