A US$ 1 billion opportunity for Technical Textiles in Healthcare, highlights IKS Report
- Highlights current trends in the sector & brings forth SMEs view on the present market scenario & growth foreseen
- Analyses role of internet in building growth opportunities for SMEs in the sector
New Delhi, 31st May, 2012: The healthcare sector currently stands at $40 billion and is estimated to reach a size of $142 billion by 2020. Technical textiles is expected to benefit immensely from this growth. This is because the technical textiles usage by the healthcare sector is expected to rise to $ 1 billion by 2016-17 from $409 million. These details are highlighted in the latest report on "Apparel and Fashion Accessories Industry" launched by IndiaMART Knowledge Services (IKS), an in-house research unit at IndiaMART.com, exclusively for small and medium enterprises (SMEs).
The comprehensive report collates significant information on the apparel and textile industry available in reports and studies by different organisations.
The IKS report also includes an exclusive analysis of apparel sector data on IndiaMART.com marketplace and draws attention to the growing online business activity among SMEs in the sector. Apart from this, it focuses on the current market trends and business sentiments amongst SMEs in the apparel sector. The IKS report is intended to help SMEs identify areas of growth for business and tap them to their advantage.
On the report launch, Mr. Dinesh Agarwal, Founder & CEO, IndiaMART.com said, “We have been closely working with SMEs for many years now. What compelled us to go ahead and create such a comprehensive industry report was the need for updated sectoral information and insights which could be useful to the SMEs. While working on the report, we were able to identify growth areas for SMEs, one of which is the technical textile segment. It has immense growth opportunities to offer to them as this industry is likely to grow to $31.4 billion. With such in-depth analysis, we hope SMEs in this sector find this report as a ready reckoner for their businesses. This will be followed by other such sector-specific reports."
Key highlights of the report include:
- Apparel SMEs in metros more active on internet than in tier-II & III cities
- Online business activity among SMEs in the sector surged by 38.7% this year as compared to last year
- High majority have an optimistic outlook with respect to sales in the near future, suggests IKS survey of SMEs in the apparel sector
- Export market is expected to touch $43 billion while domestic market will reach to $57 billion by 2015
- India has the potential to increase its share of textile and apparel in world trade to 8% from current level of 4.5%
The Indian Apparel & Fashion Accessories sector is one of the most important industries in the economy owing to the status it has earned of being the largest exchange earner and one of the biggest employment generating sectors.
The report worked its way inside the industry and also captured SMEs’ viewpoint on major issues, market growth, lack of proper credit facilities, exports et al.
To read the full report, click here: http://www.indiamart.com/knowledgeservices/sme-research.html
IndiaMART.com India's largest online B2B marketplace for Small & Medium Size Businesses, connecting global buyers with suppliers. The company offers a platform & tools to over 1 million suppliers to generate business leads from over 5 million buyers, who use the platform to find reliable & competitive suppliers. The company has over 3500employees located across 75+ offices in the country. Its existing investors include Intel Capital and Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd.
Products & Services
IndiaMART.com offers products that enable small & medium size businesses generate business leads (online catalogs/store-fronts), establish their credibility (third party verified trust profile) and use business information (finance, news, trade shows, tenders) for their business promotion.
For more information, please visit: www.indiamart.com/corporate/press-section.html
IndiaMART InterMESH Limited
Advant-Navis Business Park,
Plot No-7, 8th Floor, Sec-142, Noida
Uttar Pradesh, INDIA PIN - 201 301
Manager - Corporate Communications
F: +(91) 0120-3911010
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release A US$ 1 billion opportunity for Technical Textiles in Healthcare, highlights IKS Report here
News-ID: 223865 • Views: 1010
More Releases from IndiaMART InterMESH Ltd.
Two-third SMEs expect business conditions to improve in the next quarter: IndiaM …
Two-third SMEs expect business conditions to improve in the next quarter: IndiaMART SME Sentiment Survey 2014 - IndiaMART launches SME Sentiment Survey 2014 - Reveals high optimism amongst SMEs for the coming quarter and financial year - Analyses other trends amongst SMEs such as exports, challenges and growth in 2013-14 New Delhi, May 20, 2014: Despite the present gloom in the economy, SMEs remain optimistic of the FY 2014-15 and expect high
IndiaMART Buy Leads Nominated for 4th India Digital Awards
- Buy Lead product nominated in the 4th India Digital Awards - Nominated for introducing Buy Leads led mobile site - Facilitates SMEs with networking opportunities while on the move New Delhi, February 06, 2014: After making headlines for bagging the coveted Manthan Award recently, IndiaMART Buy Leads yet again proved to be best amongst the rest as it emerged as one of the finalists in the 4th India Digital Awards. It grabbed
IndiaMART Buy Leads Declared Undisputed Leader of Innovation in Online Space at …
- IndiaMART Buy Leads wins Manthan Award under E-Business & Financial Inclusion Category - Strengthens belief in the creation of buyers marketplace - Over 1 lakh Buy Leads generated in a month New Delhi, January 03, 2014: An evening of felicitation unfolded recently in New Delhi amongst a group of innovative and brilliant entrepreneurs. Taking center stage in E-Business & Financial Inclusion Category, IndiaMART Buy Leads beat eight other finalists to emerge as
SMEs from North, East & West Felicitated at Regional Awards Ceremony of IndiaMAR …
- Regional Awards Ceremony held in Mumbai & Delhi; Bengaluru to host the next - Winners felicitated from Western, Eastern and Northern regions in 14 categories each - Over 1 lakh nominations received from across the country New Delhi, December 13, 2013: The passion and the stature of the biggest SME Awards - ET NOW-IndiaMART Leaders of Tomorrow touched a new high with the launch of Regional Awards Ceremony in the 4th edition.
More Releases for SMEs
Cyber Check: Cyber Risk Screening for SMEs
CRIF Decision Solutions has launched Cyber Check (powered by KYND's cyber risk technology) to provide small and medium size enterprises [SMEs] with an economically viable service to allow them to rapidly identify their cyber risk vulnerabilities. Available as a one off assessment or regular monitoring, Cyber Check undertakes immediate screening and instantly provides a report detailing the company's cyber risk exposure. The service is quick and easy to use and IT
An SMEs first steps into Additive Manufacturing
The concept of Additive Manufacturing (otherwise known as 3D printing), whereby components are manufactured in a series of layers, has be around for the best part of 30 years. The technology has matured to deliver final end parts to the wide variety of industries over the last 5 years or so. With large blue chip companies such as Boeing, Rolls Royce and Dyson investing into the technology and with the
How free software can benefit SMEs
Intuitive, easy and quick. MEDUSA4 Personal for small companies is impressive whichever way you look at it Cambridge, UK and Pittsford, NY – 2 November 2016: A modern design, new functions and more possibilities for commercial use make the free CAD software ideal for day-to-day use in construction and planning. Big benefits for small companies Companies producing construction drawings and plans can use MEDUSA4 Personal's complete range of functions free of charge. If
60% of Polish SMEs use IT services
Approx. 60% of small and medium sized enterprises use IT services in Poland. Some 30% of SMEs declare to employ people responsible for IT. The number of portable computers used by SMEs has been growing. On average, there are five such computers per one SME. The proportion of companies which use EU funds to finance ICT development has gone down over the last two years. Use of IT services According to the
IndiaMART.com Triggers Global Growth Prospects for SMEs
- In association with TiE organises SME Conference 2011 on "Going Beyond India — Competing in a Globalized Economy" - Mr. Dinesh Agarwal, Founder & CEO, IndiaMART.com says competitive & resilient SMEs are quintessential for economic growth -Prof. Suresh Tendulkar shares macro perspective on enhancing global competitiveness in SMEs -Hon'ble Secretary Ministry of MSMEs Mr. Uday Kumar Varma says the new decade belongs to SMEs -Packed hall acclaims the Conference New Delhi, 31st January, 2010:
IndiaMART.com Brings Large Scale Exposure to SMEs
-Ties-up with two prestigious trade expositions - IndiaMART Plast Show 2010 & PackPlus 2010 -Aims to mobilise growth possibilities for the SMEs in the plastic machinery and the packaging sectors New Delhi, 27th November, 2010: Triggering future growth prospects for small and medium scale enterprises in the plastic machinery and the packaging sectors, IndiaMART.com, India's largest online B2B marketplace, has decided to partner with two specialised trade events Plast Show 2010 and