openPR Logo
Press release

Requirements For UK Dependant Visa For Your Kids

12-18-2020 09:21 AM CET | Politics, Law & Society

Press release from: Kansas overseas careers

Applying for your own UK visa can be a complex process. It can be even more so when including children. Brexit has also introduced changes to the
immigration system that must be considered when making an application. We explain below how to get a UK dependent visa now, and once the new
regulations officially come into effect.

The UK dependent visa allows a child to join their parent(s) in the UK as long as one of the parents is a British citizen, a European Union (EU) national or have gained the right to live and work in the UK. The exact requirements will depend on which of these categories the parent falls under.

Read more about UK dependent visa:

To be considered a “dependant”, your child can’t be over the age of 18. Children who are no longer financially dependent on their parents, are
married or have their own family will not qualify no matter their age.

The process becomes more complicated if you are a single parent trying to bring a child to the UK. You will need to prove that you have sole
responsibility — not only legal custody — for the child. If this is your situation, we strongly recommend that you seek assistance from an
immigration expert.

Once granted a UK dependent visa, your child will gain full right of admission to state schooling and the National Health Service (NHS). However, they won’t be able to seek assistance from public finances, so you will need to show that you have adequate funds to support them.

One Parent Is Present And Settled In The UK

If you are settled in the UK, your child may be granted a UK dependent visa. After a period of time on this visa — usually five years — they will be
able to apply for indefinite leave to remain (ILR).

Settled status is normally held by:

● A British citizen
● An Irish citizen who was previously a UK resident
● An EU national (or non-EU national family member) who was
previously a UK resident holding permanent residency
● A non-EU national who was previously a UK resident holding ILR
● A person holding the right of abode

If you are not yet a permanent resident in the UK, your child may be granted a dependent visa under extreme circumstances whereby exclusion
may have harmful consequences. To be eligible in this situation, you must be in the process of applying to settle. There must also be evidence that suitable arrangements have been made for your child’s care.

No Parents Are Present And Settled In The UK

If you are eligible for any visa that leads to permanent residency, you’ll be able to apply for a UK dependent visa together with your own application. If you are granted your visa, it is very likely any child will also be granted a
dependent visa. If so, you’ll be allowed to bring your children along with you immediately. These visa categories include Ancestry visas, partner visas, work visas, Tier 1 business or investor visas and student visas.

At Least One Parent Is An EU National

If you are an EU national who is not eligible for any of the above visas, your child may be granted entrance into the UK on an EEA Family Permit. The
permit applies to a child born outside the UK who is under the age of 18, where at least one parent is an EU national.

The Family Permit is valid for six months. Upon entering the UK, your child must apply for pre-settled status. This will allow them to gain continued right of residence in the UK. They will be eligible to apply for settled status
after living with you in the UK for five years.

This option will only be available until 31 December 2020, after which the new regulations determined by Brexit will fall into place. They will need to have applied for pre-settled or settled status by then. If they miss the deadline, they will have to meet the criteria set out by the revised
immigration system.

Under the new scheme, the government plans to implement a points-based system. You will need to score at least 70 points to qualify for a visa. If you
are granted a visa that allows you to live and work in the UK, you can apply to settle and apply for a dependent visa for your child provided they are
under the age of 18.

You will need to meet the following requirements to be eligible to live in the

● You have sufficient English language skills
● You are sponsored by an approved company and have the adequate skills for the job
● You earn at least £25,600 per year or possess the relevant qualifications discussed later in this article

Both Parents Are Non-EU Nationals

If your only option is to move to the UK on a skilled visa, you will need to ensure you meet the maintenance requirements for dependant children of Points-Based System migrants. The maintenance requirements may differ depending on your visa class and number of children you wish to bring over to the UK.

View more about UK Immigration:

You will need to meet the following requirements to apply for your dependant’s visa:

● You have sufficient English language skills
● You are sponsored by an approved company and have the adequate skills for the job
● You earn at least £30,000 per year or possess the relevant qualifications discussed later in this article

If you have limited leave to remain, your child will receive the same for the same period. If you apply for an extension, your child will have to do so too.

If your child turns 18 but received his or her visa while under the age of 18, they may still be considered a “dependant” if he or she still lives with you. They will have to apply for an extension or ILR while they still hold authorised limited leave to remain.

How the Points-Based System Works?

To be eligible for a skilled visa allowing you to live and work in the UK, you will need to earn a minimum of 70 points. Adequate English skills and
company sponsorship are mandatory requirements and will grant you 50
points. If you meet the salary threshold, you will be awarded an additional 20 points. This is the most straightforward route to achieving 70 points.

If you don’t meet the salary threshold, you can still achieve the appropriate number of points if you have the relevant qualifications. If you have a
relevant PhD, you can earn 10 points. If you have a PhD in science, technology, engineering or maths, you may be awarded 20 points. If your
occupation is one of the eligible ones within the health or education fields, provided that you earn a minimum salary of £20,480 in line with national
pay scales, you may also earn 20 points.

This system can be very difficult to navigate. We strongly recommend contacting a UK immigration expert to ensure you have the greatest chance
of success.

Kansas Overseas Careers
307, 2nd Floor,
Kamala Towers,
Above Mody Ford, Near NTR Statue
X Road, Begumpet,
Secunderabad - 500003
+91 7680021742

Kansas Overseas Careers is one of the leading & trusted immigration & visa consultants in India offering authentic visa services for Canada immigration, study visa, visit visa, work visa and dependent visa

This release was published on openPR.

Permanent link to this press release:

Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.

You can edit or delete your press release Requirements For UK Dependant Visa For Your Kids here

News-ID: 2212121 • Views: 1232

More Releases for Parent

Canada Immigration – Changes to Parent Visa System
Earlier this year, the government of Canada has announced its intention to replace the current, highly contentious system of lottery-based allotment of parents and grand parents and visa and move towards a quota-based system. The applications for the new system are expected to open at the end of this month. A social media post period is set to reopen at the end of the month. According to a spokesperson for the
Thrombin Market: Impact of Key Factors Influencing the Parent Industry
Hemostasis is a medical condition, wherein blood vessel, platelets, and coagulation factors act together to arrest bleeding. It occurs by coagulation process, wherein blood is transformed from liquid to gel state through sequential enzymatic steps. During hemostasis process, thrombin plays a role of key enzyme. Thrombin is an enzyme called serine protease, which is synthesized from a precursor glycoprotein called prothrombin. During the clotting process, proteolytic cleavage of prothrombin produces
Parent Choices for Struggling Teens Failure To Launch
The increasing trend of young adults, known as Boomerang Kids are failing to establish themselves as mature functioning adults by their 20s, having little motivation, and living with their parents. They are referred to as boomerang kids, endless adolescence, perma kids or twixters. These are that large number of young adults, roughly in the age group of 18-25 years old, that are taking a long time to grow up, thus
Parent Choices for Struggling Teens Debuts on LA Talk Radio
Woodbury Reports is pleased to announce on behalf of Parent Choices for Struggling Teens that Independent Educational Consultants Bob Kantar from Vermont and Larry Stednitz, PhD, located in California, were featured guests on host Lon Woodbury's Internet Talk Radio show, Parent Choices for Struggling Teens on Monday, June 6th. Both Stednitz and Kantar started working with teens in the 1970's. Stednitz began working in treatment facilities for teens and Kantar
Philadelphia Non-Custodial Parent Program Reaches $10 Million Milestone
DEARBORN, MI – June 7, 2011 — The Philadelphia Non-Custodial Parent (NCP) program, operated in partnership between the Pennsylvania Bureau of Child Support Enforcement, Philadelphia Family Court Networking for Jobs program and Educational Data Systems, Inc. (EDSI), recently reached the prestigious $10 million milestone in child support wage attachment collections. Through the collective NCP program, EDSI provides employment services to low income, non-custodial parents, which has resulted in job placements
TempleTouch™ Mini Thermometer Wins “Parent Tested, Parent Approved” Seal o …
Holly Springs, NC –March 10, 2010 – Add another accolade to the TempleTouch trophy case. Medisim-USA is excited to announce that its patented Mini TempleTouch thermometer has been awarded the influential PTPA Media Inc’s Seal of Approval for excellence in family products. Temple Touch was among many entries from across North America competing to win the PTPA Media Seal of Approval. The products were tested by savvy reviewers and