Obamacare: Outsourcing opportunities in revenue cycle management
• US healthcare providers in a rush to meet deadlines following the 2009-2010 healthcare reforms
• Global outsourcing industry to cash in from current changes; massive opportunities in EMR (electronic medical records implementation and revenue cycle management (RCM)
• Huge demand for healthcare outsourcing professionals, particularly coding and billing professionals
The Obama administration has been spearheading several changes to the expensive and inadequate US healthcare system. Cost pressures along with the after-effects of the recent economic meltdown have triggered major reforms, intended to control healthcare costs and provide universal coverage. These healthcare reforms, enacted in 2009-2010, pose significant challenges for healthcare providers including:
- a potential increase (estimated to be about 30 million) in the volume of records driven by the rise in the number of insured people;
- the need to identify, test and adopt electronic medical records (EMR); obtain certification and demonstrate meaningful use of EMR/EHR by 2014;
- the need to upgrade all revenue cycle management (RCM) recording systems
There are significant outsourcing opportunities resulting from code and standard updates that healthcare providers need to meet before the stipulated deadlines. RCM vendors can help their end clients meet HIPAA 5010 and ICD conversion upgrades. For example, healthcare providers (or even large US RCM vendors) will need to outsource to companies who can help them implement ICD version 9 to 10 conversions on a large scale by October 2013. Indian vendors, especially the large and mid sized RCM vendors can cash in on this opportunity as they have the advantages of:
- cost effective infrastructure,
- established position to move up from base level jobs like transcription to higher RCM jobs,
- ample scalable workforce and volume absorption capacity.
Similarly, US healthcare reforms and the resultant challenges for the industry are creating a window of unique opportunities for healthcare outsourcing vendors. For example, implementation and maintenance of EMR /EHR systems is reportedly a $20 billion IT outsourcing opportunity. Global IT-BPO and healthcare ITES vendors are best positioned to make the most of this opportunity. Vendors can provide advisory and consulting services such as interface development for a client’s existing EMR systems, testing and implementing upgrades and helping them obtain mandated certification. Vendors can also add value by training client’s staff and provide ongoing and post implementation support.
Runa Mookerjee, Analyst, ValueNotes Sourcing Practice says, “We believe that there are four types of vendors who are best positioned to make the most of the current challenges in the healthcare market. The opportunities that they have, are spread across RCM services, KPO and Analytics, Conversion and compliance, EMR/EHR implementing and IT Advisory and consultancy services.” She adds, “Besides, this is also a period of immense recruitment activity, not just for the provider market, but also for the healthcare outsourcing industry.”
ValueNotes’ latest report on the healthcare outsourcing industry, Obamacare: Outsourcing opportunities in revenue cycle management, identifies specific changes that will affect the healthcare provider market challenges in adapting to the resultant regulatory and procedural upheavals. It also discusses the various opportunities that outsourcing vendors can avail as a result of these reforms. Buyers of outsourcing can benefit from an overview of the current vendor landscape and chose from vendors best positioned to deliver.
ValueNotes, based in Pune, India, is a leading provider of market intelligence and research, with expertise across industries particularly in financial services, media, engineering, healthcare, IT and the outsourcing industry. Our customers include some of the leading global corporations, asset and wealth managers, management consulting firms, research publishers, PE and VC firms, and money managers.
ValueNotes’ products and services are made available based on the needs and profile of the customer:
• Research & Consulting: we provide a wide range of bespoke business research, competitive intelligence and financial research services about specific markets, industries and companies. We operate at multiple points of the knowledge value chain to provide competitor information, research, analytics, knowledge management and intelligence.
• ValueNotes Sourcing Practice: publishes proprietary market intelligence on the (services) outsourcing industry – in BFSI, e-learning, engineering, healthcare, legal and publishing – with an emphasis on knowledge services or KPO. SourcingNotes.com is now one of the largest information providers on the outsourcing industry.
• ValueNotes.com: the financial portal provides for an unbiased aggregation of research, news, information and independent third-party analyses, with a focus on the Indian financial & equity markets.
1, Bhuvaneshwar Society, Abhimanshree Road, Pashan, Pune - 411008
For more information, please contact:
ValueNotes Sourcing Practice | T: +91 20 6623 1743 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org
ValueNotes - Corporate | Research & Consulting | Outsourcing Intelligence | Indian Markets
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release Obamacare: Outsourcing opportunities in revenue cycle management here
News-ID: 182696 • Views: 1626
More Releases from ValueNotes Database Pvt. Ltd.
India’s warehousing sector to grow at 18% till 2017
- The warehousing industry in India, valued at INR 745 billion in FY 2013, has been growing at ~15% for the last three years - The industry will grow to about INR 1,440 billion by 2017 - Growth will be driven by government policy initiatives and greater private sector participation - The unorganized sector will continue to dominate, currently accounting for 92% of the industry Supply chain management in India has been lagging behind
India’s cold chain industry to double in value by 2017
- While India is the second largest producer of fruits and vegetables in the world, the lack of cool rooms & refrigerated transport is causing more than 40% losses in annual produce - India’s integrated cold chain industry, currently valued at INR 245 billion, is expected to reach INR 520 billion by 2017, growing at a CAGR of 20% - With initiatives by the Indian government and a steep growth in the
Indian Lighting Industry - CFL manufacturers need to realign strategies to count …
- CFLs currently dominate the lighting industry in India, but their YOY growth has slowed down in the past three years due to the introduction of newer technologies - LEDs are the newest entrants in the lighting industry and will gradually phase out older and energy inefficient technologies, like CFLs - CFL manufacturers need to start implementing strategies to counter changing industry dynamics Despite being one of the oldest industries of the modern
Design and Animation industry: Operating margins attractive, but declining
- Revenue of pure-play design and animation firms grew at a CAGR of 27% from 2007 to 2011 - EBITDA margins are the only silver lining for the industry, while net margins continue to be a concern - Unattractive returns and low interest coverage are raising questions on investments - DQ Entertainment tops the ValueNotes Service Provider Evaluation Ranking in 2011 India is known to have one of the largest entertainment industries in the
More Releases for RCM
Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) Market grow aggressive over 2025
Global Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) Market: Snapshot Revenue cycle management is seeing rising uptake in healthcare centers in the US and in other countries across the world as well. It is leveraged to track the revenue from their patients by managing claims processing, payment and revenue generation. A medical billing software or practice management software is needed for it and the overall process includes determining everything from eligibility of patients, collecting
Healthcare RCM Outsourcing Market sizes and predictions for growth
MarketResearchReports.Biz adds “Global Healthcare RCM Outsourcing Market Share, Size, Trends and Forecast Market Research Report” reports to its database. This report provides a strategic analysis of the Healthcare RCM Outsourcing and the growth estimates for the forecasted period. The main objective of this report is to aid the user in understanding the market as a whole, its definitions, segmentation, market potential, influential trends, and the barriers that it is facing. Meticulous
Global Healthcare RCM Outsourcing Market Challenges and Frontiers of Growth
Qyresearchreports include new market research report Global Healthcare RCM Outsourcing Market Size,Status and Forecast 2025 to its huge collection of research reports. This report on the global Healthcare RCM Outsourcing market has been compiled by research analysts of the industry, with a primary aim to offer relevant information on the current market conditions for the global Healthcare RCM Outsourcing. Its objective is to talk about the growth prospects of the market
Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) Market Report 2017 Analysis & Research 2025
Global Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) Market: Overview Revenue cycle management solutions can be very beneficial to business and healthcare organizations across the world. Revenue cycle management implies the refinement of a billing process. To do so, the revenue cycle management can make use of an organization’s medical billing software. This can be very valuable in larger healthcare organizations, where they can be used to track patient care and statuses between a
Healthcare Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) Market Emerging Opportunities & Future …
Market Research Future Publish a New Report on - “Healthcare Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) Market Research Report - Forecast To 2027” Exclusive Summery About Report: The meaning of Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) in healthcare is the procedure of dealing with your office's cases, installment and revenue generation processes. In order to efficiently manage the patient revenue cycle of any organization, institute or office. In this era it is required or essential to
Develop business strategies Of Global RCM Outsourcing Industry
MarketResearchReports.Biz presents this most up-to-date research on "Global RCM Outsourcing Industry 2017, Trends and Forecast Report" View Full Report at: https://www.marketresearchreports.biz/reports/1011437/global-rcm-outsourcing-industry-2017-trends-and-forecast-report-market-research-reports Description RCM Outsourcing Report by Material, Application, and Geography Global Forecast to 2021 is a professional and in-depth research report on the world's major regional market conditions, focusing on the main regions (North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific) and the main countries (United States, Germany, united Kingdom, Japan, South Korea and China). The report