Real World Evidence: Market Landscape and Competitive Insights, 2018-2030
Prabhjot Kaur, the principal analyst, stated, “Currently, close to 200 industry players are actively involved in providing real world data / analytics / services to the pharmaceutical and life sciences industries. Of these, more than 120 players leverage clinical data (derived from medical and patient care records) and patient experience data for generating actionable insights. It is worth highlighting that, in the past few years, more than 1,000 clinical studies have been initiated by stakeholders in real world setting to assess the impact of pharmacologic / non-pharmacologic treatment on patients and healthcare systems The growing importance of real world evidence in healthcare decision-making is also evident from the number of tweets (~4,400) posted on the social media platform, Twitter, in recent years.”
The report presents opinions on several key aspects of the market. Among other elements, it includes:
• An overview of the current status of the market with respect to the companies providing real world evidence related solutions. It features information on their year of establishment, geographical location, size of the company, type of offering (real world data, analytics, and services), real world data sources (medical claims, clinical trials, clinical setting, pharmacy, patient-powered and others), and intended application areas (early stage research, clinical development, regulatory submission / reimbursement / market access, and post-approval studies).
• A detailed publication analysis of close to 500 articles that have been published since 2016, highlighting the key focus areas of ongoing real world evidence-based research activity in the pharmaceutical and life sciences industries. Industry stakeholders that have made significant contributions to the intellectual capital in this domain include (in decreasing order of number of publications) Merck, IQVIA, GlaxoSmithKline, Eli Lilly, Novartis, PPD (Evidera), Janssen Pharmaceutica, AstraZeneca, Amgen, and Pfizer.
• A comprehensive analysis of more than 1,000 completed, ongoing and planned studies conducted in the real world setting. Based on the number of trials, North America (~460 trials) has emerged as a major research / innovation hub in this domain. It is also worth highlighting that a relatively larger proportion of the trials evaluated patients suffering from oncological disorders, cardiovascular disorders, neurological and psychiatric disorders.
• An analysis depicting the prevalent and emerging trends related to this domain as represented on the social media platform, Twitter. In addition to providing information on yearly trends related to the volume of tweets since 2013, the analysis highlights the most frequently talked about real world data sources, applications, therapeutic areas, active players, and influential authors.
• An in-depth analysis of close to 75 global events (summits / forums / conferences / annual meetings) that were organized for stakeholders in this domain (since 2017), highlighting the evolution of discussion topics related to real world evidence. The analysis also provides details on event type, regional distribution, emerging agendas, popular organizers, active industry and non-industry players, and a schematic mapping of upcoming planned events.
• A discussion on affiliated trends, key drivers and challenges, under a SWOT framework, featuring a Harvey ball analysis, highlighting the relative impact of each SWOT parameter on the overall real world evidence market.
• A comparative analysis of the needs of different stakeholders (manufacturers, regulators, payers, providers and patients) involved in this domain.
• A list of recent cases where real world evidence was leveraged by pharmaceutical / medical device companies, highlighting the ways in which the companies have utilized such information to support regulatory decisions, advance disease understanding, and develop outcome-based reimbursement model.
• An elaborate discussion on data governance and the existing regulatory framework related to real world evidence across various geographies, namely North America (the US and Canada), Europe (the UK, Germany, France, Spain and Italy), and Asia-Pacific (Australia, China and Japan).
• An insightful opportunity analysis, estimating the existing market size and potential growth opportunities across different applications (early stage research, clinical development, regulatory approval, pricing / reimbursement, and post-approval studies) of real world evidence. It is important to mention that North America and Europe presently dominate the market and are expected to retain the leading position over the next decade. This is followed by Asia-Pacific and the rest of the world, which currently captures around 10% of the overall market share.
The report features inputs from a number of eminent industry stakeholders. Kaur remarked, “Most of the experts we spoke to concur on the opinion that real world evidence has the potential to be utilized effectively across all stages of product development and commercialization. Experts also claim that the use of real world evidence can potentially reduce drug approval timelines by about five years, and the required investment in R&D by 50-60%.” The report features detailed transcripts of interviews held with the following individuals:
• Jane Reed (Head of Life Science Strategy, Linguamatics)
• Jonathan Moshinsky (Head of Market Strategy, uMotif)
• Mark Cziraky (Vice President of Research, HealthCore)
• Anonymous (Vice President, Big Pharmaceutical Company)
The report covers detailed assessment of real world evidence related solutions of several companies, including (illustrative list, no selection criteria):
• Flatiron Health
• IBM Watson Health
• Ignite Data
• pH Associates
• Saama Technologies
• SAS Institute
• SHYFT Analytics
• Vector Oncology
Roots Analysis is a specialist market research company, sharing fresh and independent perspectives in the bio-pharmaceutical industry. The in-depth research, analysis and insights are driven by an experienced leadership team which has gained many years of significant experience in this sector. If you'd like us to help you with your growing business needs, get in touch at email@example.com
For additional details, please visit
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release Real World Evidence: Market Landscape and Competitive Insights, 2018-2030 here
News-ID: 1379667 • Views: 184
More Releases from Roots Analysis
The contract manufacturing services market for stem cells is expected to be wort …
Roots Analysis has announced the addition of the “Stem Cell Contract Manufacturing Market, 2019-2030” report to its list of offerings. Owing to a highly regulated production environment and the need for state-of-the-art technologies and equipment, it is difficult for innovators to establish in-house expertise for the large-scale manufacturing of stem cell therapies. As a result, stem cell therapy developers are increasingly relying on contract manufacturing organizations (CMOs) for their product
Chronic Kidney Disease Market: Pipeline Review, Developer Landscape and Competit …
Roots Analysis has announced the addition of “Chronic Kidney Disease Market: Pipeline Review, Developer Landscape and Competitive Insights” report to its list of offerings. Ishita Nanda, the principal analyst, stated, “Chronic kidney disease is responsible for approximately 5-10 million deaths per year, worldwide. In fact, over 90% of the patients suffering from reduced kidney function are unaware of their medical condition. The market is therefore, characterized by a pressing need
Smart Wearables: The Future of Personalized Healthcare
Roots Analysis has announced the addition of the “Smart Wearables in Healthcare, 2016-2030” report to its list of offerings. The report provides a comprehensive analysis of the current market landscape with respect to key players and specific applications of the diverse range of products in this sector. It also presents a detailed future outlook and opportunity analysis of the smart wearables market from a healthcare and fitness perspective. Tapish Dogra,
CELL LINE DEVELOPMENT SERVICES MARKET TO WITNESS STEADY GROWTH IN THE COMING DEC …
Roots Analysis has announced the addition of “Cell Line Development Services Market, 2017-2027” report to its list of offerings. The report features an extensive study on the rapidly growing market of cell line development and manufacturing services providers. The report presents an elaborate compilation of research, analysis and opinions on several key aspects of the market. Akanksha Bhagtani, the principal analyst, said, “The growing pipeline of biological drugs has resulted
More Releases for Health
Health literacy: How to improve health behaviors
Health literacy is defined as "people´s knowledge, motivation and competences to access, understand, appraise and apply information to make judgements and take decisions in everyday life healthcare concerning disease prevention and health promotion to maintain and improve quality of life during the life course." In a new volume Anne-Kathrin Mayer and colleagues shed light on the concept of health literacy from different disciplines: psychology, educational sciences, health sciences and
GetSavvi Health - For Health Insurance Needs
GetSavvi Health offers health insurance, which includes basic and primary care at affordable prices. The company believes in the fact that South Africans are hard working and each of them deserve access to affordable and high-quality healthcare facilities and that too at affordable prices. The company desires to be a leader in the primary healthcare sector. Primary care is all about basic healthcare facilities through day-to-day benefits, which help in
Nutrition: Health Is Wealth
Nutrition is the supply of food to the body required by an organism to stay alive and healthy. In the language of human medicine, nutrition is the practice of consuming foods or utilization by the body. In today’s life, consuming healthy food is as difficult as getting fresh air. Seriously, nutrition is no rocket science! Having a little knowledge of nutrients and its proportions makes it easier for the consumer
MENTAL HEALTH NURSING, PUBLIC HEALTH AND HEALTH CARE SUMMIT
Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing 2019 will prove to be a noteworthy event, with this we cherish mental health nursing by embracing the theme, “Fore-fronting nursing care to achieve mental wellness” , and would step forward to provide an opportunity to step in and join our family, as we bring and encourage to join professionals from the following areas of Mental Health, Psychology, Nursing, Physiology, Neurology, Healthcare, Education, Business to
Epidemiology and Public Health
Opportunity to attend/speak at Epidemiology 2019 on February 27-28, 2019 at Prague, Czech Republic with the theme of Emerging Technologies, Applications and Health transitions in Epidemiology and Public Health. https://epidemiology.euroscicon.com/ Whatsapp: 13024004945 Euroscicon Milevská 7, 140 63 Praha 4, Czechia Katherine Gracia
Health Supplements Market 2017
ReportsWeb.com has announced the addition of the “Health Supplements Market in India 2017” The report focuses on global major leading industry players with information such as company profiles, product picture and specification. The health supplements market in India, which includes nutraceuticals, dietary and protein supplements, is expected to be worth over INR 390 billion by 2020. India currently holds a miniscule share in the global health supplement market, though this is