CELL LINE DEVELOPMENT SERVICES MARKET TO WITNESS STEADY GROWTH IN THE COMING DECADE
Akanksha Bhagtani, the principal analyst, said, “The growing pipeline of biological drugs has resulted in a continuous increase in the demand for different types of cell lines. Additionally, the loss of patent exclusivity of several biologics and the entry of numerous biosimilars, and need for cell lines in other areas, such as drug screening, gene functional studies, cell-based assay development, diagnostics and tissue engineering, have resulted in further increase in the demand for different types of cell lines. This presents significant opportunities to cell line development service providers.”
One of the primary objectives of the study was to project the growth of this market segment and evaluate the future prospects of upcoming cell line development technologies / services. Amongst other things, the study highlights the following:
• The current competitive market landscape with respect to key players, along with information on the location of their manufacturing facilities, distribution of cell lines based on their source of origin (mammalian, microbial, insect-derived, avian, marine and reptilian), type of cell lines (recombinant, hybridoma and primary cell lines), affiliated production technologies, purpose of production (R&D, diagnostics, biomanufacturing and tissue engineering), and other associated services (cell line characterization, cell banking, cell bank characterization, process development, cGMP manufacturing of biologics, fill / finish of end products and commercialization of reagents / equipments).
• A detailed analysis of the database presented as three schematic representations; a world map depicting the most active geographies in terms of the presence of cell line development facilities, a heat map representing the distribution of companies on the basis of their location (continent-wise distribution), year of establishment and cell line development capabilities, and a logo landscape highlighting the distribution of companies based on the number of employees and the source of cell lines.
• Elaborate profiles of key industry players that have proprietary technologies for the development of cell lines and offer other services, such as cell line characterization, cell banking and cGMP production of biologics, as well. Each profile features an overview of the company, its financial performance, information on cell line development services and proprietary technology, manufacturing facilities, expansions and collaborations, and a comprehensive future outlook.
• Detailed profiles of non-industry players (cell line repositories) that play an active role in the development of cell lines and offer affiliated services, as well. Each profile features an overview of the repository and a brief description of the cell line development services offered.
• An analysis of the future growth opportunity, segmented by regions, source and grade of cell lines. For the purposes of this analysis, several parameters, such as the number of companies involved, price of cell lines depending (characterized or uncharacterized), source of cell lines, and average number of cell line development projects undertaken by companies in a year, were taken into consideration.
Bhagtani further added, “Among different types of sources used to obtain cell lines, mammalian sources continue to be preferred (~80%); this is followed by microbial cell lines. Overall, the cell line development services market is poised to grow at a steady pace in the coming decade.”
The report highlights the contributions of several players in the field, including those that are listed below:
• Batavia Biosciences
• CMC Biologics
• Cobra Biologics
• LFB Biomanufacturing
The opinions and insights discussed in this report were influenced by discussions conducted with industry experts. The report features detailed transcripts of interviews held with Fan Chen (Vice President Bioprocessing, LakePharma), Michael Pointek (Managing Director, Artes Biotechnology), Nienke Smits (Business Development, Modiquest) and Oscar Hoogteijling (Business Development Manager, Bioceros).
For additional details, please visit
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Roots Analysis is a specialist market research company, sharing fresh and independent perspectives in the bio-pharmaceutical industry. The in-depth research, analysis and insights are driven by an experienced leadership team which has gained many years of significant experience in this sector. If you'd like us to help you with your growing business needs, get in touch at email@example.com
For additional details, please visit
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release CELL LINE DEVELOPMENT SERVICES MARKET TO WITNESS STEADY GROWTH IN THE COMING DECADE here
News-ID: 984345 • Views: 143
More Releases from Roots Analysis
The contract manufacturing services market for stem cells is expected to be wort …
Roots Analysis has announced the addition of the “Stem Cell Contract Manufacturing Market, 2019-2030” report to its list of offerings. Owing to a highly regulated production environment and the need for state-of-the-art technologies and equipment, it is difficult for innovators to establish in-house expertise for the large-scale manufacturing of stem cell therapies. As a result, stem cell therapy developers are increasingly relying on contract manufacturing organizations (CMOs) for their product
Chronic Kidney Disease Market: Pipeline Review, Developer Landscape and Competit …
Roots Analysis has announced the addition of “Chronic Kidney Disease Market: Pipeline Review, Developer Landscape and Competitive Insights” report to its list of offerings. Ishita Nanda, the principal analyst, stated, “Chronic kidney disease is responsible for approximately 5-10 million deaths per year, worldwide. In fact, over 90% of the patients suffering from reduced kidney function are unaware of their medical condition. The market is therefore, characterized by a pressing need
Real World Evidence: Market Landscape and Competitive Insights, 2018-2030
Roots Analysis has announced the addition of “Real World Evidence: Market Landscape and Competitive Insights, 2018-2030” report to its list of offerings. Prabhjot Kaur, the principal analyst, stated, “Currently, close to 200 industry players are actively involved in providing real world data / analytics / services to the pharmaceutical and life sciences industries. Of these, more than 120 players leverage clinical data (derived from medical and patient care records) and
Smart Wearables: The Future of Personalized Healthcare
Roots Analysis has announced the addition of the “Smart Wearables in Healthcare, 2016-2030” report to its list of offerings. The report provides a comprehensive analysis of the current market landscape with respect to key players and specific applications of the diverse range of products in this sector. It also presents a detailed future outlook and opportunity analysis of the smart wearables market from a healthcare and fitness perspective. Tapish Dogra,