Global Activated Carbon Market 2017-2022
Ceskaa Research projects that the global value market for activated carbon is expected to grow from $3.0 billion in 2016 to $3.2 billion in 2017 at a year-on-year growth rate of 8.7%. In addition, the market is expected to grow at a five-year CAGR of 7.8%, to reach nearly $4.7 billion in 2022.
Click here to Request Sample Report @ http://www.ceskaa.com
Activated carbon is the major adsorbent in global adsorbent market occupying more than 65% of the volume market share due to its high adsorption capacity and large surface area. Activated carbon is mainly divided into three types; powdered, granular and extruded. It has become the preferred option for use in potable water purification, waste water treatment, aquariums, swimming pools and sewage water treatment as well as air and gas filtration. These applications are gaining popularity due to increasing pollution levels, health concerns and stringent government regulations.
Activated carbon is made from organic materials that have high carbon content. These are primarily coal, coconut shell, wood, peat, sand and bamboo. Since activated carbon is manufactured from natural raw materials, applications of activated carbon vary depending on the properties of raw materials in terms of surface area, adsorption capacity, ash content, hardness and others.
Activated Carbon has applications in various industries, which are listed below:
1. Water purification
2. Air and gas filtration
3. Food and beverages
6. Metal recovery
1. WATER PURIFICATION: Powdered and Granular activated carbons are most commonly used activated carbon types for water treatment. Activated carbon is used in water purification which includes municipal water treatment and effluent water treatment. Effluent water purification involves removing contaminants from industrial and municipal waste water, sewage water, landfill leachate and contaminated ground.
2. AIR AND GAS FILTRATION: Powdered and granular activated carbon is widely used for air and gas filtration purposes. Other activated carbon is used mostly for vapour and solvent recovery. Air and gases are purified in air filtration equipment, such as fabric filter (FF) and electrostatic precipitator (ESP). Various applications of air treatment include flue gas cleaning, sewage air treatment, solvent recovery, vapor recovery, compressor air treatment, air filters in gas masks and hydrocarbon recovery.
3. PHARMACEUTICALS AND MEDICAL: The most commonly used activated carbon in the pharmaceutical industry is powdered activated carbon. Activated carbon is required to remove pollutants during drug manufacturing process, which could be applied at any stage, from raw materials to intermediates to final product. Activated carbon is used to remove color compounds, odor compounds, proteins and other contaminants present in the active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs), vitamins and antibiotics. Activated carbon is also used in medicinal tablets and capsules, tablet production, pharmaceutical creams and gels, and bulk drugs.
4. FOOD AND BEVERAGES: Powdered activated carbon is most commonly used activated carbon in food and beverage industry for sweetener processing, sugar decolorization, purification of edible oils and glycerine and decaffeination. Granular activated carbon and extruded activated carbon are used for beverage purification, including alcohols.
5. AUTOMOTIVE: Granular and other activated carbon are most commonly used for purification of gaseous pollutants in cars. Activated carbon is used in emission canisters to control emissions of toxic gases.
6. METAL RECOVERY: Granular activated carbon and other activated carbon are primarily used for metal recovery application. Powdered activated carbon is also used for metal recovery application but to a lower extent. Activated carbon provides minimal attrition loss, has higher adsorption capabilities for maximum metal loadings, superior hardness, and has higher ability to liberate metals such as gold, copper, zinc, and many other metals quickly and efficiently. Coconut based granular activated carbon is the most preferred choice for metal recovery application.
Activated carbon has extremely strong physical absorption properties and helps to absorb gases or solutes for purification, deodorization, and decolorization process. This report "Global market for Activated Carbon" will give a vivid idea on the global application, and types of activated carbon, with an opportunity to explore the product marketed today and in the upcoming years.
Browse FULL Report http://www.ceskaa.com/details?Global_Activated_Carbon_Market_2017-2022&secret_key=6b8f07de11c0e35342e3b77bfea692ed
Ceskaa is a boutique market research company serving the global markets. We offer high quality market research reports on various industries. Our strong primary and secondary research team are committed to assure the best market research reports and precise market data for your consideration.
Ceskaa provides reports on 12 industries, which in are as follows:
1. Advanced Material
2. Automation & Control Process
4. Consumer Goods
5. Electronics and Semiconductor
6. Energy and Power
7. Engineering & Manufacturing
8. Food & Beverage
9. Instrumentation & Sensors
10. IT & Telecom
11. Pharma & Healthcare
Ceskaa Market Research
300 Main Street,
Madison, NJ 07940
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release Global Activated Carbon Market 2017-2022 here
News-ID: 865182 • Views: 422
More Releases from Ceskaa Market Research
Global Probiotics Market 2017-2022
Ceskaa Market Research has announced the addition of the "Global Probiotics Market 2017-2022 “report to their offering. Global demand for probiotics is expected to rise at the rate of ***% over the –forecast period. Growing health concerns are expected to drive this market The probiotics market has evolved alongside developments in the food and beverages, dietary supplements, and animal feed industries. Food and beverages is the major application and makes the most
Global Activated Carbon Market Grow at a CAGR of 11.5% by 2021
Ceskaa Market Research has announced the addition of the "Global Activated Carbon Market" report to their offering. Ceskaa Research projects that the global value market for activated carbon is expected to grow from $2.7 billion in 2015 to $2.9 billion in 2016 at a year-on-year growth rate of 9.6%. In addition, the market is expected to grow at a five-year CAGR of 11.5%, to reach nearly $5.1 billion in 2021. Activated
Polyurethane Foam Market to Hit CAGR 6.9% Globally, By 2021
Ceskaa Market Research has announced the addition of the " Global Polyurethane Market " report to their offering. The global market for polyurethanes has been growing at a CAGR (2016-2021) of 6.9%, driven by various application industries, such as, automotive; bedding and furniture; building and construction; packaging; electronics and footwear. In 2015, Asia-Pacific dominated the global polyurethanes market, followed by Europe and North America. The global polyurethanes market has been growing
Global Biopesticides Market Worth USD $5.3 Billion By 2020
The global biopesticides market has been growing for the past five-years, driven by government regulations against the use of chemical pesticides, increased demand for organic products and growing population. The global value market for biopesticides is expected to grow at a CAGR (2015 to 2020) of 16.7% owing to its less-toxic nature. In 2014, North America dominated the global biopesticides value market with 40% share, followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific with approximately
More Releases for Activated
Activated Carbon Market – Global Industry Report, 2030
Albany, NY - Activated Carbon Market: Introduction In terms of value, the global activated carbon market is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of ~8% from 2020 to 2030 and reach US$ 7.3 Bn by 2030. Asia Pacific dominated the global activated carbon market in terms of volume in 2019. It is estimated to be the leading region of the global activated carbon market during the forecast period. The water treatment
Global Activated Charcoal Supplement Market Insights, Forecast
Activated charcoal is a potent natural treatment used to trap toxins and chemicals in the body, allowing them to be flushed out so the body doesn’t reabsorb them. It’s made from a variety of sources, but when used for natural healing, it’s important to select activated charcoal made from coconut shells or other natural sources. Market growth is governed by activated charcoal’s medical uses wherein activated charcoal is used to
Wood Activated Carbon Market Research Report 2016
Wood activated carbon is manufactured by the steam activation process of wood products such as saw dust, wood chips, and wood flour. Activated carbon derived from wood has high porosity and defined internal structure. Furthermore, good mechanical strength and density are other important attributes of wood activated carbon. Thus, wood activated carbon is widely used as an adsorbent to treat polluted water and air. The report analyzes the wood activated
Activated PEGs Market 2017 - DOW, Huntsman, Basf
Market Reports.Biz, recently published a detailed market research study focused on the "Activated PEGs Market" across the global, regional and country level. The report provides 360° analysis of "Activated PEGs Market" from view of manufacturers, regions, product types and end industries. The research report analyses and provides the historical data along with current performance of the global Activated PEGs industry, and estimates the future trend of Activated PEGs market
Global Activated Carbon Market 2017-2021
MarketResearchReports.Biz presents this most up-to-date research on "Global Activated Carbon Market 2017-2021" Description Activated carbon is the non-graphite form of carbon, which is produced from the carbonaceous raw materials such as coal, lignite, wood, paddy husk, coir pith, and coconut shells. The primary objective of activated carbon is adsorption, which is due to its intrinsic pore network of the lattice structure. Technavios analysts forecast the global activated carbon market to grow at a
Wood Activated Carbon Market Size, 2015 – 2020
The report covers forecast and analysis for the Wood Activated Carbon market on a global and regional level. The study provides historic data of 2015 along with a forecast from 2016 to 2021 based on volume and revenue (USD Million). The study includes drivers and restraints for the market along with the impact they have on the demand over the forecast period. Additionally, the report includes study of opportunities available