Frontier Pharma Liver Cancer - Identifying and Commercializing First-in-Class Innovations
Globally, liver cancer is the sixth most common cancer, but its poor prognosis makes it the second leading cause of cancer-related death (Globocan, 2012). Currently, the range of therapies is limited; the market consisted entirely of chemotherapies for many years, and only recently have targeted therapies begun to emerge.
The liver cancer market is segmented in terms of its needs. Early-stage patients have access to curative therapies such as surgical resection, and therefore have a relatively positive outlook. However, at at the opposite end of the spectrum patients that are diagnosed in later stages - who represent the majority of the patient population - are not eligible for surgery, and have a very poor prognosis in spite of the approvals of targeted therapies such as Nexavar (sorafenib) and Stivarga (regorafenib).
In stark contrast to the relatively limited market landscape, which contains just 86 products, the liver cancer pipeline is large, diverse and highly innovative. The pipeline has 423 products in active development, with diversity of both molecule type and mechanism of action. Of these, 122 are first-in-class, and act on 109 distinct first-in-class molecular targets. These products span a very wide range of molecular target types including cancer immunotherapies, receptor tyrosine kinases, targeted cytotoxic agents and kinase inhibitors, far exceeding the scope of products present in the chemotherapy-dominated market.
- The 423 products in active development, of which 122 are first-in-class and therefore act on completely novel targets, far exceed the scope of the current market. How will pipeline innovation affect the future liver cancer market?
- There are 109 distinct first-in-class molecular targets currently being studied. Which of these hold the greatest potential to improve future disease treatment with regard to their molecular target?
- The majority of first-in-class products in development are cancer immunotherapies. Which of these are the most promising, and how does the ratio of first-in-class targets to first-in-class products differ by stage of development and molecular target class?
- A significant number of first-in-class products have been identified with some prior involvement in deals. How do deal frequency and value compare between target families and molecule types, and which first-in-class programs have not yet been involved in a licensing or co-development deal?
To Get Sample Copy of Report please visit @ https://www.reportsworldwide.com/enquiry?report_id=41650
Reasons to buy
- Understand the current clinical and commercial landscape. The report includes a comprehensive study of disease pathogenesis, diagnosis, prognosis and the treatment options available.
- Visualize the composition of the liver cancer market in terms of dominant molecule types and targets, highlighting what the current unmet needs are and how they can be addressed. This knowledge allows a competitive understanding of gaps in the market.
- Analyze the liver cancer pipeline and stratify by stage of development, molecule type and molecular target. There are strong signs in the pipeline that the industry is seeking novel approaches to treating liver cancer subtypes such as hepatocellular carcinoma and cholangiocarcinoma.
- Assess the therapeutic potential of first-in-class targets. Using a proprietary molecular target matrix, first-in-class products have been assessed and ranked according to clinical potential.
- Identify commercial opportunities in the liver cancer deals landscape by analyzing trends in licensing and co-development deals, and producing a list of first-in-class therapies with no prior involvement in licensing or co-development deals.
To view a detailed description and Table of Contents please visit: https://www.reportsworldwide.com/report/frontier-pharma-liver-cancer-identifying-and-commercializing-first-in-class-innovation
ReportsWorldwide.com is a leading provider of global market intelligence reports and services. With research reports from top publishers, consulting and advisory firms, ReportsWorldwide.com offers instant online access to a growing database of expert insights on global industries, companies, products, geographies and trends.
Senior Vice President
101, Arch Street
Phone +1 (617) 398-1947
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release Frontier Pharma Liver Cancer - Identifying and Commercializing First-in-Class Innovations here
News-ID: 784077 • Views: 262
More Releases from ReportsWorldwide
World Deep Brain Stimulation Market Top Segments, Key Players Revenue, Growth Ra …
The World Deep Brain Stimulation Market is estimated to represent a global market of USD 751.8 million by 2017 with growth rate of 18.2%. Deep brain stimulation (DBS) procedure is primarily used for the treatment of neuropsychiatric disorders such as mood disorder, dementia, anxiety and others. The procedure involve the use of neurotransmitter (brain pacemaker) that enables to transmit electric impulses to the specific target of brain cells. Increasing incidence
New report explores the Gene Editing Market : Ushering The Next Breakthrough in …
Boston, MA ReportsWorldwide has announced the addition of a new report title Gene Editing The Next Breakthrough in Regenerative Medicine to its growing collection of premium market research reports. Genome editing is a type of genetic engineering in which DNA is replaced, inserted or deleted in a living organism's ggenome using engineered molecular scissors. Believed to be one of the great biotechnology breakthroughs, gene editing is a powerful tool in pharmaceutical research that
Global In-Building Wireless BTSController-based Small Cells Market Analysis and …
Boston, MA ReportsWorldwide has announced the addition of a new report title Global In-Building Wireless BTSController-based Small Cells Market Analysis and Forecast, 2017-2021 to its growing collection of premium market research reports. This report covers the leading in-building wireless enterprise BTS/controller-based small cells network equipment manufacturers: • CommScope/Airvana • Comba Telecom • Ericsson • Huawei Technologies • Nokia • SpiderCloud • ZTE Corporation This report covers the global market share for 2016 shipments as well as a forecast for 2017-2021. To view a detailed description and Table of
More Releases for Identify
N95 Disposable Mask Market: Identify Hidden Opportunities
The latest research report on Global N95 Disposable Mask examines investment in Market. It describes how companies deploying these technologies across various industry verticals aim to explore its potential to become a major business disrupter. The study eludes very useful reviews & strategic assessment including the generic market trends, emerging technologies, industry drivers, challenges, regulatory policies that propel the market growth, along with major players profile and strategies. This version
Wellving Asset Management Identify IPO
Not a company to rest on their laurels Wellving Asset Management have identified what could be the next investment vehicle for their clients. It comes in the form of an IPO. IPO stands for initial Public Offering. In other words, it is a new issue of stock offered for sale to the public. When companies first start out, the shares are held privately. At some point, a majority of the owners
Identify Hidden Opportunities of Parcel Delivery Market
A latest survey on Global Parcel Delivery Market is conducted covering various organizations of the industry from different geographies to come up with 100+ page report. The study is a perfect mix of qualitative and quantitative information highlighting key market developments, challenges that industry and competition is facing along with gap analysis and new opportunity available and may trend in Parcel Delivery market. The report bridges the historical data from
Identify Hidden Opportunities of Banking BPS Market
A new market study on Global Banking BPS Market with 100+ market data Tables, Pie Chart & Graphs is released that will provide complete assessment of the Market and covers evolving trends, current scenario analysis and growth factors, and industry validated market data. The research study provides market breakdown by revenue and volume (if applicable) and price history estimates for Global Banking BPS. Some are the key players from the
Identify Hidden Opportunities of Cancer Insurance Market
A latest survey on Southeast Asia Cancer Insurance Market is conducted covering various organizations of the industry from different geographies to come up with 100+ page report. The study is a perfect mix of qualitative and quantitative information highlighting key market developments, challenges that industry and competition is facing along with gap analysis and new opportunity available and may trend in Southeast Asia Cancer Insurance market. The report bridges the
Identify Hidden Opportunities of, E-Sports Market
A latest survey on Global E-Sports Market is conducted covering various organizations of the industry from different geographies to come up with 100+ page report. The study is a perfect mix of qualitative and quantitative information highlighting key market developments, challenges that industry and competition is facing along with gap analysis and new opportunity available and may trend in E-Sports market. The report bridges the historical data from 2013 to