Mobile Remittances to Africa: Mobile and Financial Services Converge
The number of mobile money users in Africa is still seeing significant growth, however, that is not all. Mobile money services are also evolving, with the next natural step arguably being mobile remittances. The sizeable traditional remittance market is just now beginning to near its mobile moment".
Complete Report Details @ https://www.marketresearchreports.biz/reports/1026669/mobile-remittances-to-africa-mobile-and-financial-services-converge-market-research-reports
Mobile Remittances to Africa: Mobile and Financial Services Converge a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData, provides an overview of the mobile money and remittance market in sub-Saharan Africa. The report analyses the mobile remittance market and the role of market participants such as MNOs, money transfer operators (MTO), financial technology (fintech) firms and banks. The insider provides case studies, comparisons, conclusions as well as recommendations for operators.
Download Sample copy of this Report @ https://www.marketresearchreports.biz/sample/sample/1026669
- International mobile remittances are sent less frequently than domestic person-to-person (p2p) payments, but on average transfers are significantly higher in terms of value compared to domestic transfers.
- Mobile remittances account for roughly 0.03% of total global remittances. The total market size is in excess of US$601bn of which most is still remitted via traditional channels (banks or money transfer operators [MTO]) or informal channels (travelling friends or family members). There is therefore a significant opportunity for MNOs to capitalise on challenging the traditional channels and increase mobile remittances usage.
- Migration and remittance numbers are strongly correlated; and with European entry points, such as Italy, having in 2016 seen a record in migration numbers, remittance flows are likely to continue to increase. According to the World Bank, global remittances to sub-Saharan Africa will grow by 3.7% in both 2017 and 2018.
- Competition in traditional and mobile remittances has increased greatly with the entry of financial technology (fintech) firms that apply over-the-top (OTT) solutions to transfer money to mobile wallets. There is also significant co-operation between the different players in the mobile remittances industry as market structure is still at a defining stage. MNOs that lack a footprint in more developed countries are likely to partner with fintech firms in order to enable the receipt of remittances.
- MNOs could be particularly competitive when lower sums of money are being sent. This is partly because they already have existing subscriber base and retail networks, which allows them to undercut the fees of MTOs and banks.
Have Any Query? Ask Our Expert @ https://www.marketresearchreports.biz/sample/enquiryBuy/1026669
Reasons to buy
- This Insider Report provides a comprehensive examination of mobile remittance business models in the sub-Saharan market to help executives fully understand market dynamics, determine what works and what doesnt.
- Three case studies illustrate the findings of the report, providing insight into particular situations in the mobile remittance market; this will help the reader understand both the challenges confronted in the real world and the strategies employed to overcome those challenges.
- The report discusses concrete opportunities in the mobile remittance market, providing a number of actionable recommendations for service providers.
- The report discusses commercial and technical developments in the wider mobile money market and what these developments might mean for the future.
MarketResearchReports.biz is the most comprehensive collection of market research reports. MarketResearchReports.Biz services are specially designed to save time and money for our clients. We are a one stop solution for all your research needs, our main offerings are syndicated research reports, custom research, subscription access and consulting services. We serve all sizes and types of companies spanning across various industries.
90 State Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release Mobile Remittances to Africa: Mobile and Financial Services Converge here
News-ID: 650288 • Views: 186
More Releases from MarketResearchReports.biz
Hydro-flyers Market: Moving Towards a Brighter Future
A hydro-flyer is an adventure sporting device which uses the propulsion of water jet technology to create continuous flight movement, where the lift and movement are controlled by the flyer. Hydro-flyers sporting devices make use of the flow of water power to drive the flyer to reach soaring heights. The rise in water sporting facilities is one of the major factors that promote the growth and demand for hydro-flyers in
Outdoor Floodlights: Technology and Market Dynamics
Outdoor floodlights is a reliable, highly efficient, and economical solution for a wide range of outdoor applications. These lights are resistant to temperature fluctuations and they remain stable even in extreme climatic conditions. Unlike the traditional lights, floodlights remain stable and functional even in harsh climatic conditions. This makes them ideal for use in any climate and any outdoor application. Outdoor floodlights save a significant amount of energy and consume
Snow Helmets Market Future Prospects and Regional Outlook
Riders are riding faster and getting bolder day by day. Hence, safety equipment need to be updated as per the requirement and changing time. Earlier, helmets were primarily used by extreme skiers and racers. They were used only on slopes. However, later, the use of helmets was made compulsory. Earlier, bulky black helmets were used by riders, which are outdated at present. Currently, new stylish helmets that can match with
Predictions for 2019: Global Sparkling Water Dispensers Industry Is Set to Boom
Sparkling water dispensers are equipment used for dispensing carbonated water. These dispensers mix the still, filtered water with carbon dioxide before dispensing. Sparkling water dispensers are mostly used in households and commercial establishments such as amusement parks, hotels, restaurants, and sports arenas. A sparkling water dispenser has separate outlets for hot water and cold water. The hot water outlet does not require a separate filtration process. However, cold water is
More Releases for Mobile
Asia - Mobile Infrastructure and Mobile Broadband
Bharat Book Bureau Provides the Trending Market Research Report on "Asia - Mobile Infrastructure and Mobile Broadband" under Telecom category. The report offers a collection of superior market research, market analysis, competitive intelligence and industry reports. Executive Summary Leading Asian nations prepare for 5G rollouts Asia’s mobile subscriber market is now witnessing moderate growth in a fast maturing market. Whilst there are still developing markets continuing to grow their mobile subscriber base at
Mobile Safety Software
The rising popularity of mobile applications is one of the key factors responsible for the strong growth of this market during the forecast period of 2017 to 2021. It has been noted that mobile apps, such as WhatsApp, Snapchat, Facebook, YouTube, and Gmail, have gained popularity among the millennials since the past few years. Business applications, such as e-mail, calendars, and teleconferencing applications, are available for free and offer an
Mobile App Developemt Company
Logicspice has recently launched online food ordering system to make the ordering and delivery process easiest for restaurants. We can say that this is the next generation for restaurant. This food ordering system is providing mobile apps for restaurant, customers, kitchen staff and delivery persons. You can integrate this system with your existing customer website also. With the growing demand of online food delivery, this is the next big thing for
Asia - Mobile Infrastructure And Mobile Broadband
Asian mobile broadband market continues to grow strongly With 3.9 billion mobile subscribers and over 50% of the mobile subscribers in the world, spread across a diverse range of markets, the region is already rapidly advancing in the adoption of mobile broadband services. Mobile broadband as a proportion of the total Asian mobile broadband subscriber base, has increased from 2% in 2008 to 18% in 2013, 27% in 2014, 33% in
Mobile gaming increases worldwide
A new publication by Hamburg-based secondary research organization yStats.com, “Global Mobile Gaming Market 2014”, reports that gamers are moving away from consoles and pre-installed PC games toward games on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. Mobile games are the fastest growing segment of the video game market as game-playing on mobile devices has become a major activity of Internet users worldwide, slightly ahead of online gaming on PC. Game-playing
Mobile Charting components for BlackBerry mobile platform
Girona, Catalonia, Spain – January, 2013 - Steema Software, a leading vendor of development components for web, desktop and mobile applications, announced the availability of its TeeChart Charting Library for BlackBerry mobile devices. This is the company’ first release in 2013 and with it, Steema Software extends their offering of mobile charting components to BlackBerry Mobile platform alongside current Windows Phone 7, Android and iPhone/iPad support. The BlackBerry Chart library is