Genital Herpes Market- Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2023
About Genital Herpes Market
Genital herpes (GH) is a life-long viral infection of the genitalia and urogenital tract. It is one of the most common sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and is a leading cause of genital ulcers around the world. Patients with GH can suffer from recurring episodes of symptom outbreaks, which usually involve painful ulcerations. The prevalence of GH in the seven major pharmaceutical markets (7MM) covered in this report (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, and Japan) has been increasing, and GH is beginning to be viewed as a significant global public health problem, especially because the infection can assist the transmission of human immunodeficiency virus 1 (HIV-1).
Get Sample Copy of this report @ https://www.marketresearchreports.biz/sample/sample/419044
There is currently no effective preventative vaccine or cure for GH, and the treatment landscape is dominated by generic nucleoside analogues. Despite the effectiveness of these drugs in managing the symptoms in the majority of patients, the lack of treatment alternatives and the shortcomings of the current treatments have stimulated investments in new treatment options for this vast patient population.
For the purposes of this report, GlobalData defines the GH market to include sales of GH-specific medication in patients 18 years and older. GlobalData expects the market to experience moderate growth that is primarily driven by the uptake of novel therapies - led by Agenuss HerpV and Genoceas GEN-003 - in the US and 5EU (France, Germany, Italy, Spain and UK).
Key Questions Answered
- Based on interviews with key opinion leaders (KOLs), GlobalData has identified the major unmet needs in the GH marketplace. Will the leading pipeline agents fulfil these unmet needs during the forecast period (2013-2023)?
- What research and development (R&D) strategies will companies leverage to compete in the future GH marketplace?
- Which patient population(s) are most likely to be targeted for GH -specific product development?
- What clinical and commercial factors are likely to influence GH uptake in the US, 5EU and Japan?
View Full Report @ https://www.marketresearchreports.biz/reports/419044/opportunityanalyzer-genital-herpes-opportunity-analysis-and-forecasts-to-2023-market-research-reports
- GlobalData projects the GH market in the US, 5EU and Japan to grow from approximately $490m in 2013 to $668m in 2023, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.1%. This growth across the 7MM will primarily be driven by the launch of pipeline agents, especially the therapeutic vaccines in the US and 5EU, while continued generic erosion across the 7MM, particularly in the 5EU and Japan, is expected to curtail market growth over the forecast period.
- While pipeline agents have the potential to address some of the unmet needs in the GH treatment, available data do not demonstrate that they will be able to fully address these issues, according to interviewed KOLs.
- GlobalData anticipates that opportunities centered on the development of therapeutic and/or prophylactic vaccines, as well as antivirals with novel MOAs, will exist for current and future players in the GH marketplace for the duration of the forecast period.
- Overview of GH, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and current treatment options.
- Topline GH market revenue from 2013-2023. Annual cost of therapy (ACOT) and major pipeline product sales in this forecast period are included.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, R&D strategies, and clinical trial design for the genital herpes market.
- Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, synopses of innovative early-stage projects, and detailed analysis of late-stage pipeline products. An interactive clinical and commercial analyzer tool is available.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global genital herpes market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Send An Enquiry Request @ https://www.marketresearchreports.biz/sample/enquiry/419044
Reasons to buy
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global genital herpes market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the genital herpes market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents 9
1.1 List of Tables 14
1.2 List of Figures 17
2 Introduction 18
2.1 Catalyst 18
2.2 Related Reports 19
2.3 Upcoming Related Reports 20
3 Disease Overview 21
3.1 Etiology and Pathophysiology 21
3.1.1 Etiology 21
3.1.2 Pathophysiology 23
3.2 Quality of Life 26
3.3 Symptoms 27
3.4 Disease Management 28
3.4.1 Diagnosis 28
3.4.2 Antiviral Therapy 31
3.4.3 Management of GH in Specific Patient Populations 34
3.4.4 Supportive Measures 37
4 Epidemiology 39
4.1 Disease Background 39
4.2 Risk Factors and Comorbidities 40
4.3 Global Trends 42
4.4 Forecast Methodology 43
4.4.1 Sources Used 44
4.4.2 Sources Not Used 50
4.4.3 Forecast Assumptions and Methods 51
4.5 Epidemiological Forecast of GH (2013-2023) 61
4.5.1 Diagnosed Incident Cases of GH 61
4.5.2 Diagnosed Incident Cases of GH Segmented by Strain 63
4.5.3 Diagnosed Incident Cases of GH Segmented by Sex 65
4.5.4 Number of Persons Diagnosed with Herpes Simplex Virus-1 GH Experiencing Recurrences During the First Year of Diagnosis 67
4.5.5 Number of Persons Diagnosed with Herpes Simplex Virus-2 GH Experiencing Recurrences During the First Year of Diagnosis 68
4.5.6 Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Herpes Simplex Virus-1 Only GH 69
4.5.7 Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Herpes Simplex Virus-2 Only GH 71
4.5.8 Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of Herpes Simplex Virus-1 and Herpes Simplex Virus-2 Co-infection GH 72
4.6 Discussion 74
4.6.1 Epidemiological Forecast Insight 74
4.6.2 Limitations of the Analysis 74
4.6.3 Strengths of the Analysis 75
5 Current Treatment Options 77
5.1 Overview 77
5.2 Product Profiles - Antivirals 80
5.2.1 Acyclovir 80
5.2.2 Valacyclovir 85
5.2.3 Famciclovir 90
5.2.4 Other Marketed Products 96
6 Unmet Needs Assessment and Opportunity Analysis 101
6.1 Overview 101
6.2 Unmet Needs Analysis 105
6.2.1 Unmet Need: Novel Treatment Options That Reduce GH Transmission and Recurrence 105
6.2.2 Unmet Need: Therapies with More Convenient Dosing Schedules 108
6.2.3 Unmet Need: Safe and Efficacious Therapeutic Interventions for Difficult-to-Treat Patient Populations 110
6.2.4 Unmet Need: Increased Public Awareness and Acceptance of GH 111
6.2.5 Unmet Need: Improved Physician Education on the Importance of Proactively Diagnosing and Treating GH 113
6.3 Opportunity Analysis 114
6.3.1 Opportunity: Develop Therapeutic GH Vaccines 114
6.3.2 Opportunity: Develop Prophylactic GH Vaccines 117
6.3.3 Opportunity: Develop Novel Antiviral Treatments that Possess Novel Mechanisms of Action 120
6.3.4 Opportunity: Leverage Novel Diagnostic Tools alongside Public Awareness Initiatives to Improve GH Diagnosis Rates 122
MarketResearchReports.biz is the most comprehensive collection of market research reports. MarketResearchReports.Biz services are specially designed to save time and money for our clients. We are a one stop solution for all your research needs, our main offerings are syndicated research reports, custom research, subscription access and consulting services. We serve all sizes and types of companies spanning across various industries.
90 Sate Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207
USA: Canada Toll Free: 866-997-4948
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release Genital Herpes Market- Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2023 here
News-ID: 643872 • Views: 535
More Releases from MarketResearchReports.biz
Hydro-flyers Market: Moving Towards a Brighter Future
A hydro-flyer is an adventure sporting device which uses the propulsion of water jet technology to create continuous flight movement, where the lift and movement are controlled by the flyer. Hydro-flyers sporting devices make use of the flow of water power to drive the flyer to reach soaring heights. The rise in water sporting facilities is one of the major factors that promote the growth and demand for hydro-flyers in
Outdoor Floodlights: Technology and Market Dynamics
Outdoor floodlights is a reliable, highly efficient, and economical solution for a wide range of outdoor applications. These lights are resistant to temperature fluctuations and they remain stable even in extreme climatic conditions. Unlike the traditional lights, floodlights remain stable and functional even in harsh climatic conditions. This makes them ideal for use in any climate and any outdoor application. Outdoor floodlights save a significant amount of energy and consume
Snow Helmets Market Future Prospects and Regional Outlook
Riders are riding faster and getting bolder day by day. Hence, safety equipment need to be updated as per the requirement and changing time. Earlier, helmets were primarily used by extreme skiers and racers. They were used only on slopes. However, later, the use of helmets was made compulsory. Earlier, bulky black helmets were used by riders, which are outdated at present. Currently, new stylish helmets that can match with
Predictions for 2019: Global Sparkling Water Dispensers Industry Is Set to Boom
Sparkling water dispensers are equipment used for dispensing carbonated water. These dispensers mix the still, filtered water with carbon dioxide before dispensing. Sparkling water dispensers are mostly used in households and commercial establishments such as amusement parks, hotels, restaurants, and sports arenas. A sparkling water dispenser has separate outlets for hot water and cold water. The hot water outlet does not require a separate filtration process. However, cold water is
More Releases for Herpes
Global Herpes Labialis (Oral Herpes) Drugs Market Future Analysis Report 2018-20 …
This report studies the global market size of Herpes Labialis (Oral Herpes) Drugs in key regions like North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Central & South America and Middle East & Africa, focuses on the consumption of Herpes Labialis (Oral Herpes) Drugs in these regions. This research report categorizes the global Herpes Labialis (Oral Herpes) Drugs market by players/brands, region, type and application. This report also studies the global market status, competition
Drugs for Herpes Labialis (Oral Herpes) Market: GSK, Novartis, Teva, Mylan
HTF MI recently broadcasted a new study in its database that highlights the in-depth market analysis with future prospects of Drugs for Herpes Labialis (Oral Herpes) market. The study covers significant data which makes the research document a handy resource for managers, industry executives and other key people get ready-to-access and self-analyzed study along with graphs and tables to help understand market trends, drivers and market challenges. Some of the
Global Herpes Labialis (Oral Herpes) Clinical Trials Assessment & Evaluation, H2 …
Market Research Hub (MRH) has include a fresh report to its database titled “Herpes Labialis (Oral Herpes) Global Clinical Trials Review, H2, 2017”, an overview of trial numbers along with the average enrollment in major countries conducted across the globe. Furthermore, the report also presents prominent drugs for in-progress trials based on the count of ongoing trails. Request Free Sample Report@ https://www.marketresearchhub.com/enquiry.php?type=S&repid=1350157 Oral herpes is a type of infection which occurs on
Worldwide Herpes Labialis (Oral Herpes) Drugs Information and Market Trend Resea …
Global Herpes Labialis (Oral Herpes) Drugs Market Research Report 2017"" The Report covers current Industries Trends, Worldwide Analysis, Global Forecast, Review, Share, Size, Growth, Effect. Description- In this report, the global Herpes Labialis (Oral Herpes) Drugs market is valued at USD XX million in 2016 and is expected to reach USD XX million by the end of 2022, growing at a CAGR of XX% between 2016 and 2022. Geographically, this report is segmented
Global Drugs For Herpes Labialis (Oral Herpes) Market 2017 - Teva, Mylan, Cadila …
Apex Market Reports, recently published a detailed market research study focused on the "Drugs For Herpes Labialis (Oral Herpes) Market" across the global, regional and country level. The report provides 360° analysis of "Drugs For Herpes Labialis (Oral Herpes) Market" from view of manufacturers, regions, product types and end industries. The research report analyses and provides the historical data along with current performance of the global Drugs For
Drugs for Herpes Labialis (Oral Herpes) Market 2017- Teva, Apotex, Cadila, Mylan …
Apex Research, recently published a detailed market research study focused on the "Drugs for Herpes Labialis (Oral Herpes) Market" across the global, regional and country level. The report provides 360° analysis of "Drugs for Herpes Labialis (Oral Herpes) Market" from view of manufacturers, regions, product types and end industries. The research report analyses and provides the historical data along with current performance of the global Drugs for Herpes Labialis (Oral