Consumer Payments Country Snapshot: Canada
In spite of being a highly mature market, Canada provides increasing opportunities for digital and mobile payment providers to develop innovation. Canada is a developed payment card market due to its robust economy and high level of card penetration. While the market has a high level of competition between existing payment providers, there is an opportunity for alternative payments providers to promote digital and mobile channels by highlighting their use cases and advantages over traditional payment tools in order to gain significant adoption among consumers.
This report examines the consumer payments market in Canada, considering payment cards, online payments, P2P payments, and newer payment technologies such as mobile wallets and contactless. This report also examines the regulations in force in the market that players must comply with, and how these have changed in recent years.
- Analyzes the major payment card types in terms of both card holding and usage.
- Identifies the major competitors in card issuing and how their position in the market has changed over the last five years.
- Considers consumer attitudes towards prepaid cards, P2P tools, mobile payment tools, and contactless cards, and how companies in Canada are deploying these tools to meet customer needs.
- Explores the online payment market in Canada by merchant type and payment tool, as well as providing a five-year forecast for the development of the market.
- Considers the regulations affecting the payments market and how they are likely to affect both incumbents and disruptors.
To Enquire about this Report please visit @ https://www.reportsworldwide.com/enquiry?report_id=21050
Scope of the Research Report
- While credit cards account for 68% of cards in issue, they are used almost four times less frequently at the point of sale (POS) than debit cards. Since Canadians are still relatively comfortable with credit card debt, usage should be incentivized if providers want to increase their revenue from interest.
- Consumers are comfortable with online commerce, which will record a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9% during 2015-20. While over 9% of the number of transactions and 19% of the value of transactions are made using cash or cheques, there is an opportunity for payment providers to promote products that feature rewards and benefits, as well as being convenient and easy to use.
- In spite of relatively developed contactless payment infrastructure and merchant acceptance, Canadian consumers have yet to make significant progress in adopting and using mobile payments technology. As interest in mobile forms of contactless payments is new, providers should seek to boost uptake by adding value to mobile payments propositions beyond payments functionality.
To view a detailed description and Table of Contents please visit: https://www.reportsworldwide.com/report/consumer-payments-country-snapshot-canada-2016
Reasons to buy
- Understand the key facts and figures in the consumer payments market in Canada.
- Find out what products the major competitors are launching in the market and plan your strategy accordingly.
- Discover consumer sentiments towards various payment tools in Canada and use this knowledge to inform product design.
- Learn about the key regulatory requirements affecting Canadian payments players and any recent or upcoming changes to those requirements.
ReportsWorldwide.com is a leading provider of global market intelligence reports and services. With research reports from top publishers, consulting and advisory firms, ReportsWorldwide.com offers instant online access to a growing database of expert insights on global industries, companies, products, geographies and trends.
Senior Vice President
101, Arch Street
Boston, MA 02110
Phone +1 (617) 398-4994
Fax +1 (617) 398-4995
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release Consumer Payments Country Snapshot: Canada here
News-ID: 494622 • Views: 346
More Releases from ReportsWorldwide
World Deep Brain Stimulation Market Top Segments, Key Players Revenue, Growth Ra …
The World Deep Brain Stimulation Market is estimated to represent a global market of USD 751.8 million by 2017 with growth rate of 18.2%. Deep brain stimulation (DBS) procedure is primarily used for the treatment of neuropsychiatric disorders such as mood disorder, dementia, anxiety and others. The procedure involve the use of neurotransmitter (brain pacemaker) that enables to transmit electric impulses to the specific target of brain cells. Increasing incidence
New report explores the Gene Editing Market : Ushering The Next Breakthrough in …
Boston, MA ReportsWorldwide has announced the addition of a new report title Gene Editing The Next Breakthrough in Regenerative Medicine to its growing collection of premium market research reports. Genome editing is a type of genetic engineering in which DNA is replaced, inserted or deleted in a living organism's ggenome using engineered molecular scissors. Believed to be one of the great biotechnology breakthroughs, gene editing is a powerful tool in pharmaceutical research that
Global In-Building Wireless BTSController-based Small Cells Market Analysis and …
Boston, MA ReportsWorldwide has announced the addition of a new report title Global In-Building Wireless BTSController-based Small Cells Market Analysis and Forecast, 2017-2021 to its growing collection of premium market research reports. This report covers the leading in-building wireless enterprise BTS/controller-based small cells network equipment manufacturers: • CommScope/Airvana • Comba Telecom • Ericsson • Huawei Technologies • Nokia • SpiderCloud • ZTE Corporation This report covers the global market share for 2016 shipments as well as a forecast for 2017-2021. To view a detailed description and Table of
UDAY’s Impact and Compatibility State wise indexing of Integrated Power Supply …
Boston, MA ReportsWorldwide has announced the addition of a new report title UDAY’s Impact and Compatibility State wise indexing of Integrated Power Supply Chain in India – 2017 to its growing collection of premium market research reports. UDAY scheme was touted as the next paladin to bail out the struggling Discoms, in order to turn them green in a time horizon of 3-4 years from 2015/16. Though was optional for the
More Releases for Canada
Employee Benefits in Canada 2018
The Canadian social security system covers various programs, many of which are run by the country's provinces and territories. In general, benefits are similar across all provinces and territories; however, Quebec implements its own pension plan. The government provides financial support to provincial and territorial governments through four main transfer programs-the Canada Health Transfer (CHT), the Canada Social Transfer (CST), and Equalization and Territorial Formula Financing (TFF)-to help them provide
CBF Management, Canada
'''CBF Management''' is the doing-business-as name of CBF Management/CBF and currently a non-franchisor selling and supporting post construction cleaning services, janitorial, commercial, residential, and floor care services through the [[Canada]], and 2 other countries using the “CBF Management” trademarks and systems to commercial services. Company History and Key Dates *2006 – CBF Management Company founded in Vancouver, British Columbia, as a floor care company by Harpreet Sandhu, a former track athlete. *2008 –
Jewellery Market in Canada
Summary This report helps to analyze competitive developments such as joint ventures, strategic alliances, mergers and acquisitions, new product developments, and research and developments in the Jewellery in Canada Market. Description Producers of fine jewellery brands continue to invest and expand across Canada, bringing more competition. In late 2016, David Yurman introduced its high jewellery collection at Holt Renfrew in Vancouver, featuring by-appointment-only pieces. It also aims to open more outlets in luxury
Medium & Heavy Trucks in Canada
ReportsWorldwide has announced the addition of a new report title Medium & Heavy Trucks in Canada to its growing collection of premium market research reports. Medium & Heavy Trucks in Canada industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the
Agrochemicals Market in Canada
ReportsWorldwide has announced the addition of a new report title Canada: Agrochemicals: Market Intelligence (2016-2021) to its growing collection of premium market research reports. The report “Canada: Agrochemicals: Market Intelligence (2016-2021)” provides market intelligence on the different market segments, based on type, active ingredient, formulation, crop, and pest. Market size and forecast (2016-2021) has been provided in terms of both, value (000 USD) and volume (000 KG) in the report. A
New Canada Reader
The MANA-Verlag is proud to publish the new Canada Reader, a comprehensive and richly illustrated portrayal of the country, in time for the Leipzig Book Fair. The varied facettes of the country are detailed on 480 pages, including hundreds of images. It is the third publication in the Reader-Series, joining the Australia Reader and New Zealand Reader, which has established itself as one of the leading components of the MANA