Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa Celebrates Earth Day and is Committed to Helping the Environment All Year Long
Monterey, CA, March 05, 2017 -- Want to travel while also doing something good for the planet. On April 22, hundreds of thousands of people across the globe will celebrate the 36th annual Earth Day, pitching in to clean up local roads and waterways, abandoned parking lots and city parks in what has become an annual rite of spring.
Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa shows their commitment to the environment and their local communities with programs that ranged from a naturalist-led beach clean to shutting the lights in all unoccupied rooms, and employees turned out to volunteer at dozens of local green efforts. These activities take place throughout the year.
In honor of Earth Day, Friday, April 22nd, the Hyatt Regency Hotel and Spa in Monterey is offering the following promotions:
The hotel will give out “Plant Your Pencil” to the first 100 guests who check in on April 22nd. #TravelGreen #InAHyattWorld. The pencils come in five different herb varieties including Basil, Cilantro, Parsley, Cherry tomatoes and mint
TusCA Ristorante will be featuring menu specials appealing to locavores, vegetarians, and vegans using both locally grown and organic ingredients. In addition the hotel will offer specials paired with Twisted Roots sustainable wine.
Earth Day 2017 Specials
Mixed greens with endive, roasted pear, Laura Chanel goat cheese, spiced walnuts,
and Carmel Valley Honey vinaigrette.
Seared Chilean salmon, artichoke pesto, roasted heirloom potatoes,
grilled asparagus, herb salad.
Wine Pairing Includes:
Twisted Roots Chardonnay (a very light, "Chablis" style wine)
Cabernet Sauvignon, multiple award-winning
In addition, Hyatt has an ongoing commitment to green meetings. At Hyatt, we have the same commitment to caring for the earth as we do to caring for our guests. Follow these 10 steps to reduce the environmental impact:
1. Plan Ahead. Surprises are lots of fun, but not for meetings. Provide us with your meeting info and event orders 10 days in advance to reduce the use of last minute resources.
2. Please Recycle. Commit to using the recycling bins provided by the hotel at all functions, meetings, offices and guest rooms – making it easy to be green. Recycling services vary by property.
3. Print local. It's better to print it there than bring it there. It's even better to print on recycled paper – we're here to help you coordinate all your printing needs and will provide you with a list of recommended environmental printing services.
4. Ship Less. Shipping meeting materials wastes fuel, paper, plastic, energy and water. So, no more than one pallet of materials can be shipped to the hotel for each 100 rooms occupied and no more than ½ pallet going home.
5. Take what you need. Rather than handing out pens and note pads, place all meeting materials in a central location so meeting attendees can take only what they need.
6. Ban the bottle. Drinking lots of water is good. But not from a plastic bottle. Instead, use reusable bottles and refill at conveniently located filtered water stations.
7. Waste not. While we're at it, let's eliminate the use of other disposable products at meetings. Exceptions can be made for Boxed meals and poolside service.
8. Keep it comfy by setting reasonable meeting temperatures. Set the meeting room temperature at an agreed-upon number and keep it there. Not too hot, not too cool is just right.
9. Eat Local. Don't think of it as just a meeting, think of it as chance to sample the local flavor. Our seasonal banquet menus feature locally grown and sourced products.
10. Use Recycled Products. Your ideas will look just as smart on 100% recycled paper. Other items, such as menus and pens should have at least some recycled material too.
About Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel& Spa on Del Monte Golf Course:
Nestled in 22 acres of soaring Monterey Pines, the Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel & Spa on Del Monte Golf Course is a destination resort providing the discerning traveler the quintessential Monterey experience. Its location offers guests close proximity to downtown Monterey and Monterey Airport and easy access to some of the Peninsula’s most well known attractions. With its warm, contemporary ambiance, elegant furnishings and convenient amenities, the hotel offers both leisure and business travelers a Northern California respite of unmatched serenity and comfort. Features include 550 guestrooms including 32 suites, and the President’s house, TusCA Ristorante, Knuckles Sports Bar, Fireplace Lounge, a 2,000 square foot fitness facility, tennis courts, pools and whirlpools, and 12,000 square foot full service spa. The hotel is located at 1 Old Golf Course Road in Monterey, California. For information call (831) 372-1234 or visit http://www.hyattregencymonterey.com/.
About Twisted Roots:
Certified Green Growers
At Twisted Roots, we believe in letting the grapes speak for themselves. Partners Josh and Julie Ruiz stated that, “We feel that our work in the vineyard is the genesis for the flavor and overall complexity of our wines. As Lodi Certified Green Growers we follow sustainable farming practices throughout the entire winemaking process.”
The certification of Twisted Roots as a green grower includes two components: The Lodi Rules practice standards, and a Pesticide Environmental Assessment System that measures the impact of all organic and synthetic pesticides used during the year. The vineyard is audited annually by a third party to verify farming practices, and may not exceed a maximum number of points calculated using the system.
Among the Certified Sustainable Practices are the following:
· Integrated Pest Management: Twisted Roots limits crop protection to only essential measures, and creates and maintains a habitat for natural enemies of certain pests. For example, the family plants specific types of grasses in its “1918” Old Vine Zinfandel vineyard to help attract beneficial insects.
· Air Quality Control: Twisted Roots plants cover crops of native grasses in and around its vineyards to minimize dust, and limits tractor usage to reduce air pollution and conserve energy.
· Land Stewardship: The family integrates the management of the vineyards with the ecosystem by providing riparian zones, maintaining vernal pools, protecting wildlife habitat, and installing nesting boxes for birds and bats. To combat a growing problem of coyotes chewing up irrigation pipes, workers began leaving buckets of water for the coyotes. Now the coyotes eat the rodents, leaving the irrigation alone.
· Water Management: Vineyard workers constantly monitor soil moisture and measure the vines’ water needs. They regulate water usage through careful irrigation scheduling, and constantly maintain and service irrigation systems to ensure maximum efficiency.
· Soil Health: Believing that healthy soil leads to great wines, Twisted Roots adds organic matter by planting cover crops and by utilizing compost. Experts control fertilizer and irrigation to maximize nutrition in the soil, which results in higher quality, more concentrated fruit. Each year analysts run soil and plant tissue tests to determine the needs of the vineyard.
· Human Resources: People are the foundation of great sustainably grown wines. Twisted Roots workers receive comprehensive training and development that enables them to perform their jobs safely and maximize their ability for year-round employment.
The Twisted Roots family creates a sustainable vision for the farm that provides the foundation for sustainable winegrowing. This philosophy helps ensure the long-term health, biodiversity and productivity of the farm and the surrounding ecosystem. All of the Twisted Roots’ farming practices can be evaluated to determine whether they move the vineyard toward or away from this vision.
In the end, sustainability keeps the Twisted Roots’ family close to its land, and helps ensure that future generations will get to enjoy that land and all of its bounty.
Marci Bracco Cain
Salinas, CA 93901
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa Celebrates Earth Day and is Committed to Helping the Environment All Year Long here
News-ID: 457088 • Views: 199
More Releases from Chatterbox PR
Lewis Builders of Carmel Specializes in Designing and Building Custom Homes, Rem …
John Lewis found his calling as a college student at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, though it wasn’t how you might expect a career path to unfold. Carmel, CA, May 18, 2017 — John Lewis found his calling as a college student at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, though it wasn’t how you might expect a career path to unfold. Flash forward to 2017, as Lewis is now the founder of
Celebrating 40 Years with the Summer of Love
Special Promotions Through June • Promo Code:LOVE Monterey, CA, May 18, 2017 - The RV Park, located at the north end of the fairgrounds, is encouraging people to get out and explore Monterey County in an RV and to book a space at the RV Park, which is centrally located in Monterey, close to all the attractions such as Fisherman's Wharf, Cannery Row, the Monterey Bay Aquarium, the city of Carmel
Palo Alto Luxury All-Inclusive Hotel, Clement Palo Alto, Offers Lowered Rates We …
To celebrate its one-year anniversary, The Clement Palo Alto is offering reduced rates on weekends through the summer. Palo Alto, CA, May 10, 2017 — To celebrate its one-year anniversary, The Clement Palo Alto is offering reduced rates on weekends through the summer. Starting Memorial Day Weekend and weekends through the summer, northern California’s only all-inclusive hotel will offer lowered rates, giving guests an opportunity to experience ultimate luxury at Palo
Vendange Carmel Inn and Suites Announces New Wine-Themed Room in Partnership wit …
Vendange Carmel Inn and Suites has announced a new wine-themed room designed by owner and winemaker Ann Hougham of award-winning Mesa Del Sol Estate Retreat and Winery of Greenfield, California. Carmel, CA, April 27, 2017 — Vendange Carmel Inn and Suites has announced a new wine-themed room designed by owner and winemaker Ann Hougham of award-winning Mesa Del Sol Estate Retreat and Winery of Greenfield, California. Hougham decorated the room in
More Releases for Twisted
Twisted Cable Market Size, Share, Development by 2024
Global Info Research offers a latest published report on Twisted Cable Market Analysis and Forecast 2019-2025 delivering key insights and providing a competitive advantage to clients through a detailed report. The report contains 102 pages which highly exhibit on current market analysis scenario, upcoming as well as future opportunities, revenue growth, pricing and profitability. Click to view the full report TOC, figure and tables: https://www.globalinforesearch.com/global-twisted-cable-market_p111096.html Scope of the Report: The worldwide market for Twisted
Global Twisted Bars Market Trends, Share, Industry Demand, Future Growth And Rev …
Researchreportsinc.com provides a detailed analysis of the Twisted Bars Market with description of market sizing and growth, segmentation of market by products, services and major markets, top market players etc. The report recapitulates the factors that will be responsible for the growth in the market in the forecasted period. The global market size of Twisted Bars Market is $XX million in 2017 with XX CAGR from 2013 to
Global Twisted Pair Market 2018 -IBM, CommScope, Datwyler, Potevio, PANDUIT
Apex Market Reports, recently published a detailed market research study focused on the “Twisted Pair Market” across the global, regional and country level. The report provides 360° analysis of “Twisted Pair Market” from view of manufacturers, regions, product types and end industries. The research report analyses and provides the historical data along with current performance of the global PP Pipe industry, and estimates the future trend of Twisted
Twisted Cable Market Size 2017-2022: Amphenol, MediKabel, Belden, Oki Electric C …
Twisted Cable Market Research 2017 A market study ” Global Twisted Cable Market ” examines the performance of the Twisted Cable market 2017. It encloses an in-depth Research of the Twisted Cable market state and the competitive landscape globally. This report analyzes the potential of Twisted Cable market in the present and the future prospects from various angles in detail. The Global Twisted Cable Market 2017 report includes Twisted Cable market Revenue,
Twisted Lingerie: Premium Quality Lingerie At Not So Premium Prices
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Twisted Lingerie: Premium Quality Lingerie At Not So Premium Prices London-based lingerie startup Twisted Lingerie is delighted to announce the launch of their deliciously provocative fetish-inspired debut collection. Created by women, for women, Twisted’s show-stopping sets are designed to unleash your carnal side, set pulses racing and bring delight to your knicker drawer. Launched last week, the story and vision of the brand is simple: thoughtful designs, high quality production
Global Twisted Bars Market – Size, Share, Growth, and Forecast, 2017
Big Market Research Add New “Global Twisted Bars Market Professional Survey Report 2017” Market Research Report to It’s a Database. Download sample copy of This Report @ https://goo.gl/EDuysi This report studies Twisted Bars in Global market, especially in North America, China, Europe, Southeast Asia, Japan and India, with production, revenue, consumption, import and export