2017 Big Sur Foragers Festival Tickets on Sale and Fungus Face off Participants Announced
Salinas, CA, November 02, 2016 - Big Sur Health Center announces January 13–15, 2017, as the dates for its annual Big Sur Foragers Festival. This year’s partners include Carmel Valley Ranch, the sister property of longtime host Ventana Big Sur that was just named the No. 1 resort in Northern California in the Conde Nast Traveler 2016 Readers’ Choice Awards. With a resort enhancement project underway at Ventana Big Sur, the Fungus Face-Off and Grand Chef dinner will take place this year at Carmel Valley Ranch, a summer-camp-inspired resort that sprawls across 500 acres and celebrates a deep connection to the land of Carmel Valley.
The event has traditionally served as a fundraiser for the Big Sur Health Center. The community’s non-profit health center will receive the proceeds from the foraging events to help support the continued presence of local healthcare services in the Big Sur area.
New events for 2017 include:
● A Friday night winemaker dinner series will be held at select restaurants throughout Monterey County. La Balena in Carmel will participate, donating 20 percent of the proceeds to the Health Center. Will’s Fargo Restaurant + Bar in Carmel Valley and Alvarado Street Brewery and Grill in Monterey will each donate 10 percent. The Big Sur River Inn will hold a forager-themed brunch, also donating a percentage of profits to the event.
● A vendor’s market will take place following the Fungus Face Off Saturday, January 14th from 1-4 p.m. Meet the local artisans during the Face Off, then shop at the market from 4-5:30 p.m. Each vendor-partner will donate a portion of their sales to the Big Sur Health Center.
● Carmel Honey Company: Jake Reisdorf’s fifth-grade report on bees developed into a successful business model with a non-profit component. Meet young Jake and his mom Becky as they detail the wonders of honeybees.
● The Quail and Olive: Board-certified cardiologist Dr. Stephen Brabeck long recognized the health benefits of olive oil so he started a successful local business centered around a California olive oil experience.
● Salt Roots Soap Company: Meet Stephanie Wise, who started this unique artisan company with her friend Shani Fridrich. Their soaps are handmade in small batches, which creates unique beauty in the variations of design, texture and color.
● Big Sur Sea Salt: Anna Linden runs this new startup, taking advantage of the natural bounty that comes from pristine seawater along the Big Sur Coast.
● Join us for a special evening at Hyatt Carmel Highlands. Executive chef Chad Minton and the culinary team will create a three-course meal paired with wines from Bonny Doon Vineyard. The evening will begin with a reception of passed appetizers, wines from Bonny Doon and live music from Dino Vera from 6:30–7 p.m. At 7 p.m. enjoy a three-course dinner in the legendary wine room. Meet the culinary team and representatives from Bonny Doon Vineyard! There are only 24 seats available. Tickets are $175 per person and can be purchased through https://www.eventbrite.com/e/big-sur-foragers-festival-2017-tickets-26923723582
Back by Popular Demand:
● An exclusive Friday night dinner at Sierra Mar restaurant at Post Ranch Inn with a special menu and a unique opportunity to enjoy wines from their award-winning wine cellar. This event is limited to 14 people.
● The “Fungus Face-Off” will take place in a beautiful tented setting on the Pete Dye-designed golf course at Carmel Valley Ranch. This popular event sells out early. There are 250 available tickets, priced at $65 per person.
Fungus Face Off Winery and Brewery Partners Include:
● Holman Ranch
● Mesa Del Sol
● McIntyre Vineyards
● Twisted Roots
● Chesebro Wines
● De Tierra Vineyards
● Morgan Winery
● Bonny Doon Vineyards
● Filipponi Ranch Cellars
● Firestone Walker Brewing Company
● Belgian Pacific
● Blair Winery
● Alvarado Street Brewery
● Mad Otter Ale
Fungus Face Off Chef and Restaurant Partners Include:
● Chef Tim Wood, Valley Kitchen, Carmel Valley Ranch
● Chef Matt Glazer, Glazer Food and Beverage
● Chef Chad Minton, Hyatt Carmel Highlands
● Chef Soerke Peters, Basil Seasonal Dining
● Chef Angela Tamura, Peppoli
● Chef Cy Yontz, Rio Grill
● Chef Todd Fisher, Tarpy’s Roadhouse
● Pastry Chef Ben Spungin, Sierra Mar
● The Culinary Team at Alvarado Street Brewery
● Quail and Olive
● Carmel Honey Company
● Big Sur Sea Salt
● Salt Roots Soap Company
Grand Chef Dinner at Carmel Valley Ranch — details to be announced soon.
Two foraging walks led by Steve Copeland and his expert team from Big Sur Guides. An easy “Wild Mushroom Walk and Talk” at Pfeiffer State Park and a nearby intermediate walk. This year, both hikes will be held on Sunday. There are 30 spaces available per walk. Tickets are $60 per person.
For event details visit www.bigsurforagersfestival.org. Tickets can be purchased at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/big-sur-foragers-festival-2017-tickets-26923723582.
Marci Bracco Cain
Salinas, CA 93901
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release 2017 Big Sur Foragers Festival Tickets on Sale and Fungus Face off Participants Announced here
News-ID: 378204 • Views: 805
More Releases from Chatterbox PR
Lewis Builders of Carmel Specializes in Designing and Building Custom Homes, Rem …
John Lewis found his calling as a college student at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, though it wasn’t how you might expect a career path to unfold. Carmel, CA, May 18, 2017 — John Lewis found his calling as a college student at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, though it wasn’t how you might expect a career path to unfold. Flash forward to 2017, as Lewis is now the founder of
Celebrating 40 Years with the Summer of Love
Special Promotions Through June • Promo Code:LOVE Monterey, CA, May 18, 2017 - The RV Park, located at the north end of the fairgrounds, is encouraging people to get out and explore Monterey County in an RV and to book a space at the RV Park, which is centrally located in Monterey, close to all the attractions such as Fisherman's Wharf, Cannery Row, the Monterey Bay Aquarium, the city of Carmel
Palo Alto Luxury All-Inclusive Hotel, Clement Palo Alto, Offers Lowered Rates We …
To celebrate its one-year anniversary, The Clement Palo Alto is offering reduced rates on weekends through the summer. Palo Alto, CA, May 10, 2017 — To celebrate its one-year anniversary, The Clement Palo Alto is offering reduced rates on weekends through the summer. Starting Memorial Day Weekend and weekends through the summer, northern California’s only all-inclusive hotel will offer lowered rates, giving guests an opportunity to experience ultimate luxury at Palo
Vendange Carmel Inn and Suites Announces New Wine-Themed Room in Partnership wit …
Vendange Carmel Inn and Suites has announced a new wine-themed room designed by owner and winemaker Ann Hougham of award-winning Mesa Del Sol Estate Retreat and Winery of Greenfield, California. Carmel, CA, April 27, 2017 — Vendange Carmel Inn and Suites has announced a new wine-themed room designed by owner and winemaker Ann Hougham of award-winning Mesa Del Sol Estate Retreat and Winery of Greenfield, California. Hougham decorated the room in
More Releases for Big
Big Market Research
Big Market Research has added a report, titled, “Global Financial Technology (FinTech) Market Size, Status and Forecast 2022.”The report provides a detailed information and analysis of production, revenue, drivers & opportunities, key manufacturers, and competitive landscape. Furthermore, current market trends and growth opportunities are discussed along with extensive analysis of each segment for the historic period, 2012–2017 and the forecast period, 2017–2022. ABSTRACT About Financial Technology (FinTech) Market An overview of the
Big Market research
According to a report added by Big Market Research, titled, “2017-2022 Malaysia 3D Animation Software Market Report (Status And Outlook)”. Get Sample@ https://goo.gl/YgkrFg The research is of utmost significance to big market players as it offers a comprehensive understanding of continuous changes in the supply and demand scenario. The report a brief introduction on the Malaysia 3D Animation Software Market in reference to scope and product. It divides the market
Big Market Research
Big Market Research added a report “Global Frozen Fish and Seafood Market Research Report 2017” The Global Frozen Fish and Seafood Market Research Report is a comprehensive study of the recent market trends and consumption analysis in the global industry. The report provides an in-depth analysis for the historic period, 2012–2017 and the forecast period, 2017–2022. Market overview is offered on the basis of product overview and scope of Global Frozen
Big Data – Small Devices
Are we facing a new way of doing data science? Do we need novel methods for machine learning? On Monday, March 7, leading IT experts will convene at the German Center for Research and Innovation (GCRI) in New York for a discussion on Big Data and resource-restricted systems. NEW YORK (March 3, 2016) – The amount of digitally recorded information in today’s world is growing exponentially. Massive volumes of user-generated information
ParetoLogic Raises Big Bucks for Big Bike
This year’s Big Bike fundraiser for the Heart and Stroke Foundation raised almost $100,000 in Victoria, with over $10,000 of that coming from ParetoLogic. As the highest fundraiser in Greater Victoria, the software developers were awarded the Golden Gears award. ParetoLogic more than doubled their initial team goal of $5,000 due to overwhelming support from the staff and management of ParetoLogic. “This charity has a personal connection for many of
Small box – big effect
ERICH JAEGER develops cost-saving front distribution box for trailers and semi-trailers (Friedberg, December 2008). When driving a truck-trailer combination, it is crucial that all electrical signals are reliably transmitted from towing vehicle to trailer or semi-trailer; otherwise, a problem-free handling of truck and trailer cannot be guaranteed. Therefore, it is important to employ connectors of high quality: Components which are installed at the exterior of any commercial vehicle have to bear