Wallace Associates: Director of Sales
San Francisco, CA or New York, NY
Our client helps the world’s media, information, and technology providers grow revenue, deliver superior solutions, optimize their clients’ performance, and thrive in a fast-changing global digital market. Our client advances the business of information as a company “that works” — for each other, their clients, their stakeholders, and their community.
Our client is looking for a proven top-producer, entrepreneurial-minded, highly motivated, results-driven candidate to drive new business within the company’s syndicated subscription services and manage a small sales team to deliver total sales results for the company. The company is looking for a strong player/coach who’s up for a challenge.
This key talent will drive sales of the company’s payment services by establishing and nurturing partnerships with various POS developers (ISVs).
The primary responsibility of this role is to engage with strategy, corporate development, and market intelligence executives in the information industry for the purpose of generating new sales for our Marketing Intelligence Service and develop leads for our custom research and consultancy services. You will manage the team that delivers renewals and sells new memberships and you will oversee sales production for the firm.
You will be responsible for developing a strong pipeline, representing the service, and closing new business in a predominately hunter role while providing forecast oversight for the firm and ensuring successful monthly performance overall. You are a hands-on individual contributor and team leader.
• Meet/exceed assigned new business targets within a defined territory comprising large non-client organizations in the information industry and assigned accounts. Oversee sales production
• Generate sales through professional networking cold-call techniques, following up leads, and business development efforts
• Proactively prospect and build new business with effective pipe management
• Serve as a team leader for a field sales team member and two client services specialists focused on generating new business and client retention
• Develop forecasts for finance, ensure forecast accuracy, and deliver sales targets and meet or exceed them individually and for the team
• Develop sales plans for budget years and establish quotas and compensation plans
• Hire, mentor, develop, retain, and coach individual contributors
What It Takes
The selected candidate will have:
• Must have sales management experience
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 10+ years’ experience with business development selling to the information, software, or media industry preferred
• Solution selling orientation with the ability to quickly build credibility with executive-level audiences
• Powerful business development skills to repeatedly gain new clients
• Ability to speak the business language of C-Suite, Heads of Strategy, and CMOs
• Successful sales manager who has rolled up to a sales VP or has run a subset team and territory in a larger sales organization and is now looking for the next level up in a career move to run sales for an organization.
• Demonstrated history with running and growing larger territories
• Experience with Salesforce.com and hands-on use of it to develop and deliver necessary pipeline and forecast reports and sales performance
• Strong business-to-business (B2B) sales experience
• A strong sales record and familiarity with selling information and intelligence services or solutions to the information industry
• Solution-based sales experience with an emphasis on service-oriented products and new business activity
• Skills and confidence to call “high” and “across” organizations and to be part of growing the sales function as product execution ramps in the firm
• Polished, professional, good communicator, accountable, follows through with colleagues, and can present and discuss business issues in a cogent and concise way
• Comfortable in a fast-moving agile environment, can work across time zones, and communicate with individuals across many countries
• Business development experience (such as licensing) is a plus
What the company is about:
Our client we believes that information and knowledge are fuel for the human spirit. They foster understanding, discovery, enjoyment, learning, and commerce around the globe. Our client believes in a world where people always have access to the information they need, advancing their lives so they can advance the lives of others.
Our client offers flexible work hours to help their employees maintain a schedule that works for them.
Please contact our search firm:
Wallace Associates geographic span is super-regional with most clients based in New England, New York, and the DC area. Positions we are filling may be anywhere in the US or occasionally Europe or Pacific Rim.
San Francisco, CA
New York, NY
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release Wallace Associates: Director of Sales here
News-ID: 348877 • Views: 402
More Releases from Wallace Associates Inc
Wallace Associates Inc. Senior Analyst: Wealth Management
Boston MA The Company Our client is an independent research and advisory firm focused on business, technology, and regulatory issues and their impact on the financial services industry. With expertise in banking, payments, wealth management, capital markets, and insurance, the firm’s analysts deliver comprehensive, actionable advice to key market participants in financial services. Headquartered in Boston with a presence in Chicago, New York, San Francisco, London, and Milan, this organization works
Head of Custom Research and Consulting by Wallace Associates
Head of Custom Research & Consulting New York City or London The Company Our client helps the world’s media, information, and technology providers grow revenue, deliver superior solutions, optimize their clients’ performance, and thrive in a fast-changing global digital market. Our client advances the business of information as a company “that works” — for each other, their clients, their stakeholders, and their community. The Job Our client needs an entrepreneur looking to take a
Wallace Associates Inc. Review: Website Content Basic Principles
Writing has come a very long way since the World Wide Web became the norm in reaching out to the mass market for whatever product or service one may have to offer. Multi-media presentations have a clear advantage now over the plain black-and-white, ink-on-paper news or magazine format. The website, as a result, has served to bring more business and awareness because of their versatile, in-the-face and prompt delivery of
Wallace Associates Inc Singapore Executive Management Recruitment and Senior Acc …
SENIOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE PHILADELPHIA PA THE COMPANY Our client is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications and consumer technology markets. Our client helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. Our client has more than 1,100 analysts that provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over
More Releases for York
New York Exclusive Event
New York Summer Fashion Explosion is hosting its annual event scheduled for June 22nd at the Metropolitan West 639 W St, New York 10036 Event time is 6 pm for the Red Carpet Experience and show presentation starts at 7 pm. The show is slated to present 10 local and international designers with two notable designers, Videmus Omnia, New York, who will be releasing her very first SS19/20 haute couture collection
Soundtaxi Opens New York Office
Soundtaxi, a music licensing company that started in Stuttgart, Germany has opened a US office in downtown Brooklyn, New York’s trendy DUMBO neighborhood. The move is intended to expand the company’s US customer base, and to make stronger in-roads to sync licensing in the US market. The United States still stands as a leading content developer, across media platforms. American filmgoers helped the US film industry haul in $11.38 billion
York Roofing Company Goes Green
TA Roofing in York have seen a growing demand for green roofing as many people are concerned about the environment as well as reducing their energy bills. Stuart Simpson, Managing Director of TA Roofing says: "We've installed green roofs on old and new properties throughout Yorkshire and they look fantastic, blending in with their surroundings and providing a beautiful garden." Green roofs provide better insulation, reduce stormwater runoff, filter pollutants, reduce energy
New York Private Equity Forums
Subject: Angel Investor-VC Summit 2016, The Yale Club New York, October 6 16 Entrepreneurs and 150+ investors are expected to attend Private Equity 2016: National Angel-VC Summit and Capital Investment Forum in the Grand Ballroom of The Yale Club New York. These deal-oriented venues have been hosted for the last fifteen years and are the best investor-attended events of their kind in the U.S. Many private investors, crowd funding enthusiasts
Introducing New York Lawyer Pages
PRMG Announces Launch of New York Lawyer Pages Website nylawyerpages.com The Public Relations and Marketing Group, LLC (PRMG) announced it has launched its newest website-based entity, New York Lawyer Pages. The website was created by PRMG, a leading provider of customized marketing solutions for attorneys in New York State. The site provides important resources for the public by allowing them access to a database of attorneys who practice in the field in
New York City flats – New York City Accommodation
We are glad to announce our new website new-york-city-apartments.net which provides top rated accommodation and services at lowest price for tourists visiting New York. New York is a famous city in United State of America, known for its financial, cultural, transportation, and manufacturing center. There are millions of people currently located in New York, in spite of this there are lots more visiting New York daily due to business trip