Bare Bones: Envolve Shares Tips for Improving and Maintaining Healthy Bones
1. Put those bones to work. Keeping your body moving is essential to bone improvement and maintenance. To achieve the best benefits, exercises should be a combination of both muscle and bone strengthening, not just cardio. Weight bearing exercises are best for bone strengthening and include activities such as running or jumping rope, and some more intense sports like tennis or volleyball. If you prefer a less-active sport, try walking or yoga.
2. Up your Vitamin D intake. Vitamin D helps bones absorb calcium and is necessary to ensure bone growth, improvement, and maintenance. . Some healthy food sources for Vitamin D are fatty fish (like salmon, tuna or mackerel), cheese, egg yolks, mushrooms, and low-fat yogurt and milk. The older you get, the more Vitamin D you need. Ask your healthcare professional for additional dietary tips to ensure your body is getting enough.
3. Eat high Calcium foods. Complimentary to Vitamin D, calcium is key for bone, teeth, muscle, and nerve function. Eating foods that are high in calcium throughout the day can ensure that your bones are retaining enough calcium to maintain a healthy bone density. Some calcium-rich foods include: oranges, broccoli, low-fat milk, yogurt and cheese, almonds, edamame, kale, sardines and salmon.
4. Know where your bones came from. More than half of your bone density is a result of genetics. Knowing your family history can help predict, detect patterns and prevent some bone deficiency conditions. Sharing what you know about your family’s history will assist your healthcare professional in determining what test or supplements you may need to maintain your bone health. If you don’t know your family history and are concerned about your bone health a simple bone density test will allow your healthcare professional to provide better guidance.
5. Drink less caffeine and alcohol. Both are well enjoyed drinks of choice, but both can impair your bone growth and health by blocking or reducing calcium absorption. If you’re a big fan, you don’t have cut these beverages out of your life completely.- As long as your calcium consumption is adequate , you can still enjoy these beverages in moderation.
About Envolve, Inc.™
Envolve, Inc.™ is a family of health solutions, working together to make healthcare simpler, more effective and more accessible for everyone. As an agent for change in healthcare, Envolve is committed to transforming the health of the community, one person at a time. Envolve unifies medical management, care management and coordination, specialty pharmacy, PBM, vision, dental, behavioral health management, life and health/wellness management, empowerment and education services, telehealth services, 24/7 nurse advice services, and data, analytics and IT solutions. For more information, please visit our website www.envolvehealth.com or contact us today at email@example.com.
7733 Forsyth Blvd
St. Louis, MO 63105
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release Bare Bones: Envolve Shares Tips for Improving and Maintaining Healthy Bones here
News-ID: 348301 • Views: 769
More Releases from Envolve Health (subsidirary of Centene Corporation)
Protect Your Kids’ Vision with Tips for Children's Eye Health and Safety Month
In honor of Children’s Eye Health and Safety Month, the health experts at Envolve, an integrated healthcare solutions company, are pleased to share a few tips for protecting the vision of your children and reducing the risk of injury. 1. Make playtime fun. While toys bring enjoyment to children, they can also bring the risk of eye injury. To limit that, make sure you avoid purchasing toys
More Releases for Vitamin
Global Vitamin Market 2019- By Product Type (Vitamin A,Vitamin B3,Vitamin B5,Vit …
"Global Vitamin Market - Volume and Value Analysis By Product Type (Vitamin A,Vitamin B3,Vitamin B5,Vitamin D3,Vitamin E,Vitamin C), By End User, By Region, By Country: Opportunities and Forecast (2019-2025) - By Region (N. America, ROW,Europe, APAC ), By Country (USA, Canada, Mexico, Rest of Europe, China, India, Japan,Rest of North America, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, South Korea, Rest of Asia)" Key Players Dominating the Global Vitamin Market DSM, Lonza, CSPC Pharmaceutical Group,
Prenatal Vitamin Supplements Market
“The global prenatal vitamin supplements market is expected to gain momentum as leading players forge strategic partnerships,” said a lead TMR analyst. As companies collaborate into a joint venture, they are primarily aiming at introducing brands to customers around the world and development of new products. Spurred by this, the global prenatal vitamin supplements market is forecast to exhibit strong growth between 2016 and 2024. The presence of a large number
Vitamin D Ingredients Development Market: Vitamin D3 to Outrank Vitamin D2 as th …
"Vitamin D Ingredients Market: Vitamin D3 to Outrank Vitamin D2 as the Most Attractive Segment in Value and Volume Terms Throughout the Forecast Period: Global Industry Analysis and Opportunity Assessment, 2016-2026" The Report covers current Industries Trends, Worldwide Analysis, Global Forecast, Review, Share, Size, Growth, Effect. Description- Recording the highest CAGR both in terms of value and volume, the Vitamin D3 segment is the undoubted leader in the product type segment The Vitamin
Vitamin Deficiency Treatment Market
Undernourishment in the underdeveloped countries is the major driver of growth of global vitamin deficiency treatment market. High incidence of anemia, paraesthesia and other hypovitaminosis are the other major factors contributing to hike in global vitamin deficiency treatment market. Vitamin supplements are also used as an adjunct therapy in many disorders including alopecia, depression, ulcers etc., high prevalence of which can propel the growth of global vitamin deficiency treatment market.
Sunshine vitamin boosts fertility
A study reveals that the higher the vitamin D level, the greater the chance of pregnancy following artificial insemination An optimum supply of vitamin D is one of the success factors for so-called in-vitro fertilisation, artificial insemination in a test tube. The results of a scientific study by the Faculty of Medicine at Kocaeli University in Turkey reveal that the higher the concentration of vitamin D in the follicular fluid surrounding
Ultra Formula Vitamin D By Vitamin Power Is A New Potency Level For This Staple …
Vitamin Power has created this new Vitamin D product at higher potency of 2000 IU (International Units). It is now available from the Vitamin Mineral Shop. Established in 1975, Vitamin Power is an exclusive line of nutritional healthcare products. The addition of Ultra Formula Vitamin D enhances this line. Vitamin Power will be distributing this new product in the same manner as the rest of the line, through