PRESS RELEASE FOR STEPHEN MERRILL, ATTORNEY
Anchorage Attorney Stephen Merrill in his five years of practice in Alaska has proven to be one of the better trial lawyers in the State.
1. A criminal court acquittal on one felony charge and two misdemeanor charges. ANCHORAGE SUPERIOR COURT
2. Business Law Trial with a 4k pretrial offer and a 22k verdict for the client plaintiff. ANCHORAGE DISTRICT COURT
3. Business Law Trial with a 14k pretrial offer and a 112k verdict for the client plaintiff. ANCHORAGE SUPERIOR COURT
4. Civil liberties litigation with the State of Alaska and the City of Anchorage pressing claims of law-enforcement brutality with a vigor never seen previously. ANCHORAGE FEDERAL DISTRICT COURT
5. Litigating to the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals a federal False Claims Act suit against a locality. (The appeals decision is pending) 9th CIRCUIT COURT OF APPEALS
6. Appealing two suit to the United State Supreme Court. SCOTUS
7. A DUI acquittal with a conviction on a lesser charge. (A rarity anywhere) ANCHORAGE DISTRICT COURT
8. Filing suit against a mega-billion dollar vehicle manufacturer pressing the case to a pending trial with few problems along the way. ANCHORAGE FEDERAL DISTRICT COURT
9. Settling a medical malpractice wrongful death claim for a 78-year old decedent with general poor health. HOMER SUPERIOR COURT
10. Pursuing a libel suit on behalf of a dentist who had been wrongly accused of poor medical practice and driven out of town by a competing dentist and his useful tool. ANCHORAGE FEDERAL DISTRICT COURT
Recently, Mr. Merrill took over the defense of a criminal charge midstream. On the day of his substitution as the new counsel, Mr. Merrill asked for an immediate trial. The court set the case for trial call to be held just two days later with a trial expected as soon as the following week.
On the day after that hearing, the criminal charge was dismissed voluntarily by the prosecutor.
So, consider hiring the law firm in Anchorage that is not deterred from taking the opposing side to court.
Stephen Merrill is an experienced attorney who is new to Alaska arriving in 2009. Previously, Mr. Merrill practiced as a trial lawyer in Norfolk, Virginia, including a tour of duty in the Navy Judge Advocate General's Corps
Stephen Merrill, Attorney
BOARDWALK OFFICE SUITES
201 Barrow Street, Suite 103
Anchorage, Alaska 99501
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
You can edit or delete your press release PRESS RELEASE FOR STEPHEN MERRILL, ATTORNEY here
News-ID: 345287 • Views: 2951
More Releases for COURT
BLUELEDGE TACKLES COURT REPORTING SHORTAGE
[October 4, 2018] High quality, online education for the next generation of legal professionals. BlueLedge, a legal classroom, is a new Florida-based venture focused on online training for legal professionals. The company’s mission is to address the need for qualified and highly trained individuals within the legal support industry. The most pressing need for the legal industry is the requirement for “QUALITY” individuals to fill the increased
Colombo Court Hotel & Spa Colombo, Sri Lanka
An affordable, sustainably minded boutique hotel offering a quiet respite from the buzz of Sri Lanka's capital city, Colombo, within easy reach of sights, restaurants and shops." Location The hotel flanks Duplication Road, one of Colombo's main thoroughfares. Traffic noise is inevitable though many of the rooms are set back and away from the road. This location is fairly central and most of Colombo's sights – such as the National Museum, Gangaramaya
Global Court Shoes Market Research Report 2017
Report Hive Market Research Released a New Research Report of 108 pages on Title " Global Court Shoes Market Research Report 2017 "with detailed Analysis, Forecast and Strategies. In this report, the global Court Shoes market is valued at USD XX million in 2016 and is expected to reach USD XX million by the end of 2022, growing at a CAGR of XX% between 2016 and 2022. Geographically, this report is segmented
MLJ Civil Court Manual
LexisNexis India, a leading global provider of content-enabled workflow solutions, launched ‘The MLJ Civil Court Manual, 14th edition’. The thoroughly revised and updated edition of this prestigious, authoritative and indispensable encyclopedia of central acts with important rules was released by the Honorable Mr. Justice V. Rama Subramanian, Judge, Madras High Court. The book covers case law updated till January 2011 and provides an exhaustive coverage of Supreme Court cases and
SWISSÔTEL MERCHANT COURT IS NOW HACCP CERTIFIED
SINGAPORE, 5 March 2009 – Swissôtel Merchant Court has demonstrated its commitment to food safety yet again. The hotel has been awarded the HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) certification SACHACCP 525870 from the Singapore Accreditation Council for excellence in food safety, a certification recognised by SPRING Singapore (Singapore’s national standards and accreditation body) and all government bodies. It is only one of three hotels to be awarded in
Tokyo Summary Court Consolidates Deutsche Bank Litigation
Tokyo, Japan (July 11, 2008) – Today, the Tokyo Summary Court ordered the consolidation of a Deutsche Bank AG lawsuit into an existing lawsuit in Tokyo District Court. On June 6, 2008, Deutsche Securities Inc., a subsidiary of Deutsche Bank AG, filed a lawsuit against one of its employees in Tokyo Summary Court (Case #13543). David Hatt, CEO of Deutsche Securities Inc., filed to have JPY 912,000 in rental payments (approx.