Z-Wave Is At The Forefront Of The Green Revolution
Fremont, 10. October 2007 – With consumers everywhere eager to "greenify" their lives, smart home control technologies such as Z-Wave® (www.z-wave.com) have emerged as key enablers for today's energy-intelligent homes.
Z-Wave is the award-winning wireless home control and automation technology that gives consumers the ability to wirelessly control and monitor virtually any device or appliance in their home, even when they're not at home themselves.
“Z-Wave can precisely tailor a home's energy usage by the device, by the room or by the whole house,” said Mark Walters, chairman of the Z-Wave Alliance. “Using a wide variety of sensors and controllers, consumers are now able to customize their home environments with as much or as little energy as needed, at any given time. And manufacturers are selecting Z-Wave because it’s the recognized standard, with real products available from industry leaders around the globe.”
Real Solutions to Real Energy Problems – Today!
Because Z-Wave enabled devices can talk to each other, it is now possible for homeowners to enjoy automated, whole-home energy management that immediately reacts to changing conditions. As an example, a Z-Wave sensor can monitor how much light and heat is coming into the home throughout the day. During bright, warm daylight, Z-Wave can dim the lighting, close electric shades and lower the thermostat. When dusk settles in, Z-Wave can automatically reverse the sequence.
Using Z-Wave, homeowners can also monitor energy usage from afar, with real-time control over their HVAC, lights and appliances via an Internet connection from anywhere in the world. If weekend guests have accidentally left lights or air conditioning on at a remote vacation home, homeowners can adjust them from their easy chair. When it's raining out, a home lawn sprinkler system can be turned off while the owner is at work. Z-Wave can turn on the lights when someone enters a room, and turn them off as soon as they leave. Energy savings with Z-Wave can be immediate and dramatic for the homeowner, with simple, accessible devices that can be retrofitted to any home.
All Z-Wave enabled products can help consumers “go green,” but following is an overview of some of the most recent products on the market:
- Hawking HomeRemote Gateway – This system controls lights, thermostats, and window coverings remotely via the Internet or a cell phone, allowing home owners to adjust the temperature or turn on/off the lights in their home from anywhere in the world and reduce their environmental footprint.
- Wayne-Dalton Home Access Kit WDBK12 – The kit contains everything needed to control the home’s lighting, window shades, thermostats, and other
Z-Wave devices right from the car. As consumer leave the home a simple button press on the hand held remote closes the garage door and turns off lights around the house.
- Leviton Vizia RF Home Control – Leviton's new Vizia RF line of Dimmers, Switches and Controls using Z-Wave technology can help reduce energy consumption and bills by allowing the homeowner to easily select the proper level of lighting for the task. Through automated scheduling, dimming and scene control often lights can be operated at less than 100% brightness greatly saving energy consumption while extending bulb life.
- Light Commercial Energy Management from Advanced Telemetry LLC – Using Z-Wave wireless technology, Advanced Telemetry LLC has developed a touchscreen-based product that enables customizable, local visualization and management of energy consumption information for small to midsize commercial facilities. Additionally, EcoView™ allows managers of multi-site installations to access information and to send override commands to one or all sites via a secure and simple-to-use set of web pages.
- HSM100 Multi-Sensor from HomeSeer – This device features FOUR-sensors-in-one! HSM100 is primarily intended as a motion sensor but also includes temperature, light and battery level sensors. Use it to control Z-Wave devices directly or to trigger automation events for the whole house.
- Electronic Solutions, Inc. (ESI) Motor Controls – Optimize the use of natural lighting and reduce solar heat gain in any home. The ABMHZ provides simple integration of motorized window coverings, rolling shutters, retractable awnings and exterior solar protection products.
- Z-Wave Thermostats from RCS – The TZ40 and TZ16 thermostats from Residential Control Systems Inc (RCS) provide for complete temperature control of the residential climate throughout the Z-Wave network.
- Intermatic HomeSettings Appliance Modules and InTouch Contactor Module – The HomeSettings HA02 Appliance Module allows a user to control appliances, such as window air conditioning units and other appliances. For large loads such as air conditioners, spas and heaters, the InTouch CA3750 contactor module provides ratings of 30 Amp (6600 VA) and allows for load shedding.
- Danfoss RA Plus-w Thermostat – The RA Plus-w combines the simplicity and reliability of a self-acting radiator thermostat with a wireless, timed control of the room temperature, which can be set back during periods when a lower room temperature is required. With literally over a billion mechanical radiator thermostats installed today, upgrading to the RA Plus-w provides an energy saving opportunity of macro-economical scale.
- INNOVUS Z-Wave Product Family – This complete home control product family includes a PC-based home control management system, dimmers and lights as well as multi-functional switch, energy saving modules, heating control via thermostat RA-PLUS-w from Danfoss, PIR sensors and a remote control.
- viaSENS Home Controller from Seluxit – With this device you can control various kinds of wireless devices in your home such as light switches, dimmers or thermostats. An instant solution for cutting energy use!
- Z-Wave Home Products from Everspring – Everspring provides a range of Z-Wave OEM products including a PIR detector, door/window detector, lamp dimmer module, and an on/off module to help brand name manufacturers build their Z-Wave solution in an expedited, cost efficient manner.
Danish Electricity Savings Trust Recommends Z-Wave
Further validation for Z-Wave’s role in energy conservation stems from a recent report issued by the Danish Electricity Saving Trust (DEST) – a highly influential non-profit government organization that helps consumers and public institutions save energy – which recommended Z-Wave as the ideal technology for use in wireless home communication. As noted by Göran Wilke daily leader of the Danish Electricity Saving Trust, “The Trust recommends Z-Wave for several reasons. In addition to being an open standard enabling the combination of products from different manufacturers and thereby facilitating inexpensive third-party products, Z-Wave also holds in store a major money and energy saving potential for customers.”
“Multiply ideas like this across all the energy-hungry appliances in a home, all day, every day, and it's easy to see how homeowners can make their homes truly energy efficient, with minimal cost and hassle using Z-Wave,” said Grant Sullivan, product marketing manager for Leviton Manufacturing, a principal member of the Z-Wave Alliance. “This not only provides substantial savings, but will also keep "smart homes" well within the coming regulations for energy efficiency. That's not only good for the homeowner, it's good for the world.”
39350 Civic Center Drive
Suite 210, Fremont, CA 94538
Executive Vice President Marketing
Tel.: +1 (510) 288-4680
Fax: +1 (510) 796-4611
Sprengel & Partner GmbH
Tel.: +49 (26 61) 912 600
Fax: +49 (26 61) 912 6013
Z-Wave® is the first technology to bring affordable, reliable and easy-to-use wireless control to every aspect of daily life – the home, consumer electronics, healthcare, and energy use, to name a few. Z-Wave is an award-winning, proven and interoperable wireless mesh networking technology that allows a wide array of devices in and around the home to communicate including lighting, appliances, HVAC, entertainment centers, and security systems. Z-Wave brings many benefits to everyday life including remote home monitoring, home healthcare, safety and security, and energy conservation. Z-Wave certified products are currently available from leading consumer brands in more than 170 products. Z-Wave is the recipient of the 2006 Wall Street Journal Technology Innovation Award in the wireless category, the CNET “Best of CES Award” in the enabling technologies category, along with PC World’s 2006 World Class Award, which recognizes the 100 best technologies and products of the year. For more information about Z-Wave please visit www.z-wave.com
Z-Wave® is a registered trade mark of Zensys, Inc. and its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release Z-Wave Is At The Forefront Of The Green Revolution here
News-ID: 30284 • Views: 967
More Releases from Zensys Inc.
Apple Macintosh Becomes Z-Wave-friendly Thanks to TrickleStar
Z-Wave for Apple Users Creates Powerful Home Control Possibilities in the Blink of an Eye with USB Stick and Software Widget Copenhagen, December, 10th 2008 – TrickleStar, Asian manufacturers of innovative energy-saving technologies, has made the Apple Macintosh family of personal computers Z-Wave-compatible. Using a USB stick and a software widget from Tricklestar, the Mac can now be used as the central controlling unit for Z-Wave home control networks. Mac
Z-Wave Announces Advanced Energy Control Framework at Metering Europe
Breakthrough in Home Energy Management at Amsterdam Event Copenhagen/Amsterdam, 23. September 2008 – The Z-Wave Home Control standard expands its reach with the announcement of the Advanced Energy Control Framework (AEC), a specification for advanced energy management technologies that empower homeowners to make informed decisions for energy consumption and monitor home devices. Z-Wave’s AEC will integrate smart metering, consumer notification, automated load shedding and home controls to enable real-time energy
Modern Home Control: Z-Wave-based solutions reduce heating costs and electricity …
European Home Control Summit: Green Homes – Huge potential savings with Z-Wave Copenhagen/Frankfurt, 20. March 2008 - As part of the 1st European Home Control Summit, taking place in Frankfurt/Main from 8th to 9th April, Z-Wave Alliance will be presenting solutions which reduce heating costs and electricity consumption in each and every household. The use of Z-Wave-based “wireless\" radiator thermostats alone, for example, can lower heating costs by up to 30
Europe meets US: International Conference Compares Key Trends in Home Control
Parks Associates presents new research highlights at European Home Control Summit Copenhagen / Frankfurt/Main, 10. March 2008 – Today, Z-Wave announced that Parks Associates, the internationally recognized market research and consulting firm will present new research findings at the upcoming European Home Control Summit, to be held April 8-9, in Frankfurt/Main, Germany. Bill Ablondi, top expert and Director of Home Systems Research at Parks Associates, will present “Home Control:
More Releases for Control
Microgrid Control System Market
Microgrid Control System Market research report delivers a close watch on leading competitors with strategic analysis, micro and macro market trend and scenarios, pricing analysis and a holistic overview of the market situations in the forecast period. Get Exclusive FREE Sample Copy Of this Report @ https://www.upmarketresearch.com/home/requested_sample/107776 UpMarketResearch offers a latest published report on “Global Microgrid Control System Market Analysis and Forecast 2019 - 2025” delivering key insights and providing a competitive
Global Control Valve Market
Global Control Valve Market is segmented by type, by components, application, and by region. In terms of type, Ball Valve, Butterfly Valve, Globe Valve, Cryogenic Valve. For More information visit:https://www.maximizemarketresearch.com/market-report/global-control-valve-market/17135/ Switches, Actuator, Transducer are the components segment of the Control Valve market. Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Metal & Mining are application segment of Control Valve market. Geographically into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and Latin
Termite Control Market
Major Players in the Global Termite Control Market Key players are adopting various strategies such as mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, partnerships, and product innovations to ensure their long-term sustenance in this market. In 2017, Arrow Exterminating Company, Inc. acquired Bugmaster Exterminators—U.S.-based company that specializes in commercial and residential termite control—to expand its presence in residential and commercial sectors by offering a full line of service. Some of the key players in
Meeting Control System Market -
With proliferation of context-awareness and Internet of Things (IoT) technologies, it has become possible to connect people and devices seamlessly. Meeting control system makes such connections easier with the help of technology. The meeting control system market comprises control systems for lights, screens, projectors, HVAC, audio video systems, etc. for use in meeting rooms. Multi-screen presentations, video conferencing, wireless collaboration & presentation solutions, device mirroring, and real-time team editing are
Standalone Access Control Solution
Entry/exit within premises is generally a major challenge of an organization’s overall security strategy. To manage access of specific zones in a single location requires a standalone access control solution. For small and medium business organizations, Matrix has developed COSEC PANEL LITE (site controller), which works independently without requiring a server for Access Control application. All Matrix COSEC biometric and RFID Card based door controllers are connected to the site
Infection Prevention and Control
Infection control products and accessories aids in the prevention and control of hospital associated & other healthcare infections. These products range from disinfectants to sterilization equipment used in the healthcare settings. Infections needs to be controlled while injecting the drugs, during the surgery and hospital stay of a patient. In addition, infection control and preventive measures aid to avoid the most common hospital infections among the healthcare staff. Get Free 10