Long-acting Beta-agonists Market Trends, Current Demand, and Forecast 2021-2031
• Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is a progressive disease defined by growing airflow restriction and respiratory symptoms, which are frequently accompanied by chronic comorbidities, resulting in a major burden for the patient.
• Specific pharmaceutical therapy for COPD aids in the prevention and control of symptoms, frequency & intensity of exacerbations, improvement of health status, and improvement of exercise tolerance. Inhaled bronchodilators, such as 2-agonists and muscarinic antagonists, enhance lung function by changing airway smooth muscle tone; however, these have an effect on the peripheral airways. These decrease air trapping and enhance lung emptying, lowering lung volumes, and improving lung function.
• Since the late 1990s, inhaled long-acting 2-agonists (LABAs) such as formoterol and salmeterol have been approved for the treatment of COPD. These enhance lung function, symptoms of shortness of breath and activity restriction, health-related quality of life, and reduce the number of exacerbations. However, not all patients obtain clinically relevant improvements in symptoms or health-related quality of life.
Moreover, LABAs have a good safety profile and are not linked with an increased risk of respiratory mortality. However, side effects such as palpitations and tremor could restrict the tolerable dose. The half-life of formoterol and salmeterol is 12 hours.
Report Overview: https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/long-acting-beta-agonists-market.html
Global Long-acting Beta-agonists Market: Drivers, Restraints, Trends
• Rise in prevalence of chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases is a key factor boosting the growth of the global market. Additionally, adoption of combination therapies such as formoterol and salmeterol has increased, as these have shown significant improvements in lung function.
• Chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases are caused due to exposure to air pollution, working with chemicals, dust & fumes, breathing secondhand smoke, and a history of childhood respiratory infection or a genetic condition called alpha-1 deficiency. This is projected to boost the growth of the global long-acting beta-agonists market during the forecast period.
• According to the American Lung Association, about 85% to 90% of all COPDs are caused by cigarette smoking. More than 7,000 chemicals are created when a cigarette burns, many of which are harmful. The toxins in cigarette smoke has dangerous effects that weakens lungs' defense against infections, narrows air passages and causes swelling in air tubes, and destroys air sacs, which in turn cause COPDs.
• Long-acting beta-agonist usage is increasing across several industries, with significant growth in hospitals, clinics, and ambulatory surgical centers, as well as increased environmental concerns. This boosts the growth of the global long-acting beta-agonists market.
• Rise in disposable income, increase in awareness, and surge in geriatric population are anticipated to fuel the growth of the global market
• Surge in usage of bronchodilators for the treatment of cystic fibrosis augments the global long-acting beta-agonists market
• However, adverse effects associated with bronchodilators and government restrictions regarding the safety and efficacy of bronchodilators are expected to restrain the global market. Nevertheless, continuous R&D initiatives on bronchodilator are expected to drive the long-acting beta-agonists market.
North America Accounts for Major Share of Global Long-acting Beta-agonists Market
• North America accounted for the largest share of the global long-acting beta-agonists market in 2020, followed by Europe. Rise in prevalence of cystic fibrosis and increase in government initiatives to raise awareness about COPD, asthma, and other chronic respiratory illnesses contribute to the region's large market share. Moreover, presence of top players such as AstraZeneca and Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. drives the market in the region.
• However, the market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period. This is attributed to increase in patients with respiratory disorders and considerable improvement in the health care sector in the region.
Key Players in Long-acting Beta-agonists Market
• Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma
• Boehringer Ingelheim
• GlaxoSmithKline plc
• Merck KGaA
• Mylan N.V.
• Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
• AstraZeneca plc
• Pfizer, Inc.
Global Long-acting Beta-agonists Market: Research Scope
Global Long-acting Beta-agonists Market, by Drug Type
Request for covid19 Impact Analysis: https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=84203
Global Long-acting Beta-agonists Market, by Indication
• Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
Global Long-acting Beta-agonists Market, by Route of Administration
Global Long-acting Beta-agonists Market, by Distribution Channel
• Hospital Pharmacies
• Retail Pharmacies
More Trending Reports by Transparency Market Research:
Behavioral Health Market: https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/behavioral-health-market.html
Egg Donation Market: https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/us-egg-donation-market.html
Surgical Procedures Volume Market: https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/surgical-procedures-volumes-market.html'
Healthcare Automation Market: https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/healthcare-automation-market.html
Mobile Hospitals Market: https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/mobile-hospitals-market.html
Transparency Market Research Inc.
CORPORATE HEADQUARTER DOWNTOWN,
1000 N. West Street,
Suite 1200, Wilmington, Delaware 19801 USA
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims.
The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through adhoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.TMR believes that unison of solutions for clients-specific problems with right methodology of research is the key to help enterprises reach right decision.
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release Long-acting Beta-agonists Market Trends, Current Demand, and Forecast 2021-2031 here
News-ID: 2652016 • Views: 199
More Releases from Transparency Market Research
Blood Transfusion Devices Market Insights and Emerging Trends by 2031
The products and solutions offered by the manufacturers and players functional within the global blood transfusion devices market are used by various end users in the healthcare and medical industries, such as hospitals, blood banks, and ambulatory surgical centers, among others. Few of the key products and solutions offered by the manufacturers and players operational in the global blood transfusion devices market include blood mixer, blood component separator, pathogen reduction
Clinical Decision Support System Market to Reach US$ 2.3 Billion By 2031 With CA …
The global clinical decision support system market is rising with rule based expert system, funding from societies for improving point of care, and increasing primary healthcare support across the globe is expected to drive the growth of market. Read Report Overview - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/clinical-decision-support-system-market.html The global clinical decision support system market was valued over US$ 523.8 Mn in 2016 and is projected to witness cumulative annual growth rate (CAGR) of over 11% from
Healthcare ERP Market Size is Expected to Reach US$ 9.6 Billion and Growing at 6 …
Healthcare ERP Market: Introduction According to the report, the global healthcare ERP market was valued at US$ 4.8 Bn in 2020 and is projected to expand at a CAGR of 6.5% from 2021 to 2031. Enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems and associated technologies have gained considerable traction across diverse industries in the past couple of decades, beginning with the manufacturing sector. The promise of several gains accrued from the deployment of
Dental Equipment Market to Expand at a CAGR of 3.3% from 2021 to 2028
Dental Equipment Market Outlook 2028 • The global dental equipment market was valued at US$ 6.6 Bn in 2020 • It is estimated to expand at a CAGR of 3.3% from 2021 to 2028 • The global dental equipment market is expected to reach the value of US$ 8 Bn by the end of 2028 Report Overview: https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/dental-devices-market.html Advancements in Technology in Dental Care Treatment Boost Market Growth The changing lifestyles of the masses have been a major cause