Social Media in Travel and Tourism Market Outlook 2021: Big Things are Happening
Request a sample report @ https://www.htfmarketreport.com/sample-report/3382167-social-media-in-travel-and-tourism-2021-update-thematic-research
Social Media in Travel and Tourism, 2021 Update - Thematic Research
The COVID-19 pandemic has highlighted the importance of customer engagement on social media. 60% of millennials now deem social media an acceptable way of contacting businesses. As such, customer engagement on social media has become a focal point for many travel and tourism companies. Where social media was once exclusively PR and marketing, it is now part of operational strategy with many organizations employing specific specialist teams to manage customer interaction.
This thematic research report takes an in-depth look at the role of social media within the travel and tourism sector. The report looks at trends within tourism that are related to social media offering an array of case studies offering a deep dive into how companies are utilizing this theme and the outcome. This is followed by an analysis on the impacts of social media, then offering recommendations for companies that are looking to utilize this technology.
"Social media engagement from travel and tourism companies is no longer a secondary form of communication; it is a necessity. Social media continues to be used as an effective marketing tool for tourism businesses and has evolved significantly in recent years due to the rapid growth of influencers across multiple platforms. However, we also see a shift towards social media included in an enterprise's strategic operation to support its customers from a service perspective. Organizations that fall behind this trend are at risk of isolating their consumers during a critical time as the COVID-19 pandemic starts to ease". - Craig Bradley, Travel & Tourism Associate Analyst, HTF MI.
- Despite the popularity of Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube in addition to the growing popularity of social media disruptor TikTok, Instagram is now a key player for marketing travel companies. Content creators can post videos, advertising content and posts at any time. The photo-sharing platform enables companies to engage and target specific customers base through different online communities.
- Social media platform Instagram has been partially blamed for overtourism in many destinations. Many photos appearing on Instagram have helped drive new tourists to previously little-known destinations, resulting in a rapid influx of tourists, putting a strain on infrastructure, and causing social tensions with local communities.
- As the popularity of social networks has increased and the presence of travel companies rises, consumers are demanding more immediate forms of communication. Engagement with businesses on social media has increased during the pandemic, with many people unable to raise issues in person, resorting to more immediate forms of communication they can do at home. Research shows that social media consumption increased by 72% during the pandemic, highlighting the level of usage.
- Social media has become such an integral part of tourism companies’ strategic operations that specific roles and teams are employed to manage interaction on these sites. Typical roles include social media executives, customer support agents, marketing, and PR. KLM and WestJet revolutionized this for the airline industry. Both airlines currently employ a 24/7 dedicated social media team that actively engages with customers providing updates, documentation and answering customer inquiries.
- Marketers and social media managers within tourism need to understand that viral content cannot be forced and is often a case of being in the right place at the right time. Ultimately, the audience decides whether the content gets shared or not, which is why it is organic. It poses a significant challenge for marketers who do not specialize in social media, and tourism companies should exercise caution when considering creating a viral marketing campaign. Therefore, it is in the best interest of many organizations to consult with a specialist social media marketing company to get the best results.
- This thematic report provides an overview of social media’s role within the travel sector today and how it will continue its involvement.
- The key trends within this theme are split between enterprise trends and tourist trends that are recognizable today.
- Several case studies are included to analyze the multiple ways travel companies, and DMO’s have identified social media opportunities within the market.
- Our unique thematic analysis then looks at recommendations for travel and tourism organizations providing a deep dive into the leaders and laggards within the social media spectrum, complete with industry examples and analysis.
Reasons to Buy
- Understand the current social media trends within the travel landscape today and how these will escalate in the near future.
- Assess how companies and DMOs are utilizing social media to aid brand awareness, drive tourism and engage with consumers.
- Acknowledge the potential pitfalls of using social media by understanding how each platform can be used, the sensitivity of content and the difficulties in generating a viral campaign.
- Discover recommendations that will help your service get the most out of social media.
- HTF MI’s thematic research ecosystem is a single, integrated global research platform that provides an easy-to-use framework for tracking all themes across all companies in all sectors. It has a proven track record of identifying the important themes early, enabling companies to make the right investments ahead of the competition, and secure that all-important competitive advantage.
- All across the travel and tourism supply chain, including DMO’s now have an opportunity to capitalize on social media, and there are notable examples of this. Therefore, all should buy this report to fully understand how this theme will continue to be a key theme in the future travel landscape.
Companies Mentioned in the Report
Egyptian Ministry of Tourism
Japan National Tourism Organization
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
Melia Hotels International
Norwegian Cruise Line
The Travel Franchise Group
Visit Vietnam Walt Disney
Buy this report @ https://www.htfmarketreport.com/buy-now?format=1&report=3382167
Thanks for reading this article; you can also get individual chapter wise section or region wise report version like North America, Europe or Asia Pacific.
Contact US :
Craig Francis (PR & Marketing Manager)
HTF Market Intelligence Consulting Private Limited
Unit No. 429, Parsonage Road Edison, NJ
New Jersey USA – 08837
Phone: +1 (206) 317 1218
Connect with us at LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter
HTF Market Report is a wholly owned brand of HTF market Intelligence Consulting Private Limited. HTF Market Report global research and market intelligence consulting organization is uniquely positioned to not only identify growth opportunities but to also empower and inspire you to create visionary growth strategies for futures, enabled by our extraordinary depth and breadth of thought leadership, research, tools, events and experience that assist you for making goals into a reality. Our understanding of the interplay between industry convergence, Mega Trends, technologies and market trends provides our clients with new business models and expansion opportunities. We are focused on identifying the “Accurate Forecast” in every industry we cover so our clients can reap the benefits of being early market entrants and can accomplish their “Goals & Objectives”.
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release Social Media in Travel and Tourism Market Outlook 2021: Big Things are Happening here
News-ID: 2335985 • Views: 681
More Releases from HTF Market Intelligence Consulting Pvt. Ltd.
Footwear Market set for explosive growth | Nike, Genesco, Under Armour
The latest survey report released by HTF MI on Global Footwear Market helps in identifying and tracking major & emerging players in the market and their portfolios, to enhance decision making and create effective strategies to gain edge over competition. Some of the players surveyed in research coverage of Footwear market study are K-swiss, New Balance Inc., GEOX S.p.A, Gucci, Bata Ltd, Crocs Retail, Inc., ECCO Sko A/S, Wolverine worldwide
Sports Goods Market Future Prospects 2026 | Johnson Outdoors, Brunswick, Derby C …
Latest research study from HTF MI on Global Sports Goods Market provides a comprehensive analysis of the Sports Goods. It includes the primary investigations to cover historical progress, ongoing market scenarios, and future prospects defined with an accurate data of the products, strategies and market shares of leading companies to help manufacturers locate market position. The report presents a 360-degree overview of the competitive scenario of the overall market to
Motorsport Market To Demonstrate Spectacular Growth By 2026 | McLaren, Roush Fen …
Latest research study titled Global Motorsport Market Growth 2021-2026 provides readers with details on strategic planning and tactical business decisions that influence and stabilize growth prognosis in Motorsport Market. A few disruptive trends, however, will have opposing and strong influences on the development of Motorsport market and the distribution across players. To provide further guidance on why specific trends will have a high impact and precisely how these trends can
Digital Spending in Hospitality Market Next Big Thing | Major Giants Cognizant, …
The latest independent research document on Global Digital Spending in Hospitality examine investment in Market. It describes how companies deploying these technologies across various industry verticals aim to explore its potential to become a major business disrupter. The Digital Spending in Hospitality study eludes very useful reviews & strategic assessment including the generic market trends, emerging technologies, industry drivers, challenges, regulatory policies that propel the market growth, along with major
More Releases for Travel
Las Vegas Travel Tips
The city of Las Vegas is known as a universal goal of betting in the clubhouse that are situated over this city and the nightlife that is offered to the voyagers, who visit this goal from various parts of the world. For single ladies voyagers to Las Vegas, the season of New Year ought to have stayed away from as the city is uncommonly swarmed amid this time. Nonetheless, the
City Travel Briefing: Paris
Paris has been resilient as one of the world's leading tourist destinations despite a host of challenges related to security, accommodation and overcrowding. With a clear focus on reinventing the city for the modern traveller by transforming its infrastructure, culture and attractions, Paris is well placed to compete with emerging cities vying to become the tourist destination of choice. This report outlines Paris's strategy in attracting new (and old) holidaymakers
TRAVEL KA BAAP
Travel Ka Baap Travel World Under One Roof 28 December 2016, DELHI, INDIA TKB Group(www.travelkabaap.com) exists to provide Advance travel platform. Ultimately, the motto is to centralize the tourism industry at the single platform. Purpose –TKB Group exists to provide fast & feasible Travel Solutions, Consulting & Unique portal to Industries and individuals verticals in India and across the Globe.TKB Group sells solutions & results. TravelKaBaap is a growing company in which a traveler
Tonga Travel Guide Launched
South Pacific Travel has launched its online Tonga Travel Guide with 125 pages of maps, photos, drawings, and travel information. Tonga.SouthPacific.org is based on the Kingdom of Tonga chapter from Moon Handbooks South Pacific, now fully updated by the original author David Stanley. The 11 digital map files used in the printed book have been modified for web use. The site outlines the many sports and recreation opportunities in Tonga. The
Kanoo Travel Launches New Luxury Travel Brochure
Partners with American Express Vacations to offer its Middle East customers a wide array of exciting travel destinations combining high quality with excellent value for money. Dubai, United Arab Emirates, September 1, 2009: Kanoo Travel, the largest travel company in the Middle East, today announced that it has partnered with American Express Vacations to launch a new luxury travel brochure for its customers in the Middle East. The first Kanoo Travel
Resume Worthy Summer Travel
Marblehead, MA (April 7, 2008) – For those looking to get something more out of their summer travel experience, there is no need to look beyond the newly launched BrilliantTrips.com. Those aged between 18 and 26 years old can find a variety of specially tailored experiences focused on learning, adventure, cross-cultural understanding, volunteering, sustainable tourism, and ecotourism. The importance of travel abroad in today’s global marketplace is emphasized