openPR Logo
Press release

Kaupthing Bank acquires a 20% stake in FiNoble Advisors in India

06-19-2007 01:54 PM CET | Business, Economy, Finances, Banking & Insurance

Press release from: Kaupthing Bank

Kaupthing Bank has signed an agreement to acquire a 20% stake in the Indian investment services company FiNoble Advisors Private Ltd. (FiNoble) with an option to acquire the remaining 80% in five years. The investment creates a foothold for Kaupthing in the fast growing Indian financial market.

FiNoble was founded in 2004 and presently operates out of its office in New Delhi. It has 25 employees and its main emphasis is on traditional M&A advisory services. FiNoble focuses on advising Indian companies on acquisitions in Europe and US and non-domestic firms on entry into the Indian market.

Kaupthing made an investment in the company to acquire the 20% stake. Kaupthing will treat FiNoble as an associated company in it's accounts. The acquisiton will have an insignificant effect on Kaupthing's results this year.

About Kaupthing Bank
Kaupthing Bank is a northern European bank offering integrated financial services to companies, institutional investors and individuals. These services include corporate banking, investment banking, capital markets services, asset management and comprehensive wealth management for private banking clients. The Bank operates in ten countries, including all the Nordic countries, Luxembourg, Switzerland, the UK and the US. In addition the Bank operates a retail franchise in Iceland, where it is headquartered.

Kaupthing Bank is currently among the seven largest banks in the Nordic region in terms of market capitalization. Through sound organic growth and strategic acquisitions like the UK bank Singer & Friedlander in 2005 and FIH Erhvervsbank in Denmark in 2004, Kaupthing Bank has fortified its position to provide outstanding services to its client base in the UK, the Nordic countries and elsewhere in northern Europe. The Bank has 2,719 employees and total assets of EUR 42.9 billion (as of 31 December 2006). www.kaupthing.com

For further information please contact:
Jónas Sigurgeirsson, Chief Communications Officer, tel 354-444-6112 or ir@kaupthing.com
Henrik Gustafsson, Director, Business Development, tel +44 203 205 5056.
www.kaupthing.com

This release was published on openPR.

Permanent link to this press release:

Copy
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.

You can edit or delete your press release Kaupthing Bank acquires a 20% stake in FiNoble Advisors in India here

News-ID: 22516 • Views: 1168

More Releases from Kaupthing Bank

Kaupthing and SPRON to initiate merger discussions
Kaupthing Bank hf. (\"Kaupthing\") and Sparisjódur Reykjavíkur of nágrennis hf. (\"SPRON\") have decided to enter negotiations on a possible merger between the companies. Negotiations are expected to be completed in approximately four weeks. Any merger of the companies is subject to the approval of a SPRON shareholders\' meeting, the Board of Directors of Kaupthing, the Icelandic Financial Supervisory Authority, the Icelandic Competition authority and the companies\' creditors. Further information For further information
Kaupthing Bank's results for the first quarter of 2008
Net earnings of ISK 18.7 billion (EUR 184 million) * Shareholders\' net earnings of ISK 18.7 billion - ISK 20.3 billion in same period of 2007 * Annualised return on equity in Q1 of 23.7% * Earnings per share of ISK 26.1 versus ISK 27.4 in Q1 2007 * Net interest income up by 31.2% from the same period in 2007 * Net fee and commission income down by 11.3% from the same period in
Economic Focus - Where is the króna headed?
Kaupthing Research has issued an economic analyze for the outlook for the Icelandic Króna. The conclusion is: Good long-term outlook, but difficult short-term. The ISK exchange rate bears the hallmarks of an overshooting that will readjust itself in the longer term. In the short term, however, the króna faces greater uncertainty than before and the immediate direction of the krona is not necessarily up. Near term developments will principally be determined by
Kaupthing Bank raises equivalent of EUR 1.3 billion in long-term funding
Kaupthing Bank has concluded a series of bond private placements totalling USD 1,675 million (EUR 1.1 billion) to investors in the US and Europe. Kaupthing has also finalised a bilateral loan of EUR 195 million with a European bank. In comparison the Parent Company has only about EUR 1.1 billion of long-term redemptions for the remainder of the year and FIH has EUR 1.8 billion. The terms of the aforementioned

All 5 Releases