Cybersecurity in Tourism, 2020 Update Thematic Research
This thematic research report takes an in-depth look at the role of Cybersecurity within the travel and tourism sector. The report analyzes cybersecurity trends within tourism alongside an array of case studies that look at the actions companies have taken post-breach, followed by an analysis of the impacts of this theme. Recommendations are then offered for the sector alongside a description of some of the companies mentioned.
Holding various levels of personal data, the travel and tourism sector is a hotbed for cybersecurity threats. As all related industries begin to invest more heavily in technologies such as AI, IoT and Big Data to offer the ultimate personalized experience this is increasing the threat. There is a lack of investment from many into this theme – to be winners this needs to be identified with a clear, efficient strategy in place.
Download Free PDF Brochure for Latest Research Study: https://www.researchmoz.us/enquiry.php?type=S&repid=2811926
– Cybersecurity was ranked as the second most important theme in the current travel space, coming second only to social media (GlobalDatas emerging technology travel trends survey (2019)). As the global tourism industry is riding a digital wave, implementing new technologies such as cloud, AI, big data and IoT, travelers are more connected online than ever therefore this increases exposure.
– Governments worldwide continue to update their cybersecurity strategy (see macroeconomic trends) as the threat increases yet they still operate under a cloak of secrecy. Whilst this could be kept secretive, there does seem to be a current lack of investment and even identification in the travel and tourism space.
– Travelers are both valuable and vulnerable. They are more exposed than ever to cybersecurity threats as they become increasingly connected through social media, increase their online transactions and are generally more active.
COVID-19 has decimated the travel industry across 2020. In order to recover, a strong and positive brand image is critical to tackle negative consumer sentiment. If a cyberattack occurs, this has the potential to prolong recovery causing a further loss of consumer confidence. Companies are becoming more dependent on online and customer care channels which in turn makes them more susceptible to a form of attack thus the need to hold a viable strategy is critical.
– Across the sector, ransom attacks are the most common with nefarious attackers demanding a ransom be paid to reduce the risk. Out of all industries, hotels are the most prone to cyberattacks due to a high dependence on IT to manage systems, the level of personal data they collect and the variety of entry points across the business including reservations, to front desk, guest services and loyalty programs provided.
– This thematic report provides an overview of cybersecurity within the travel sector today and the implications that it can have.
– The key trends within this theme reflect some of the current issues within this theme through cybersecurity today.
– Several case studies are included to identify the implications a cyberattack has had on a company and the actions that have been taken to mitigate future threats.
– The impacts of cybersecurity on the travel and tourism sector are then discussed in detail outlining the key threats the industry faces today.
– To conclude, an array of recommendations are laid out to suggest various ways in which a company can become better protected in the face of a cyber-threat.
Reasons to Buy
– Understand the theme of cybersecurity and how this has/will affect the travel and tourism sector in the future.
– Access how businesses are investing more into digitizing their products, offering the ultimate personalized experience and how this puts a greater threat on cybersecurity.
– GlobalDatas thematic research ecosystem is a single, integrated global research platform that provides an easy-to-use framework for tracking all themes across all companies in all sectors. It has a proven track record of identifying the important themes early, enabling companies to make the right investments ahead of the competition, and secure that all-important competitive advantage.
– Airlines, lodging providers, travel intermediaries, DMOs and TMCs should utilize this report to understand why cybersecurity is a key theme within the travel and tourism sector and should not be ignored.
– Find out recommendations that will help make your company or organization more cyber-secure and why this is important.
– This thematic applies to all industries within the travel sector including airlines, hotels, attractions and tour operators – management roles across different providers are likely to benefit, observing how a cyberattack can affect tourism development.
Purchase This Report Now By Availing Best Discount and Free Consultation : https://www.researchmoz.us/enquiry.php?type=D&repid=2811926
Table of Contents
IMPACT OF CYBERSECURITY ON TOURISM
APPENDIX: OUR THEMATIC RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
For More Information Kindly Contact:
Mr. Rohit Bhisey,
USA-Canada Toll Free: 866-997-4948
Follow us on LinkedIn @ http://bit.ly/1TBmnVG
Media Release: https://www.researchmoz.us/pressrelease
Follow me on : http://marketresearchlatestreports.blogspot.com/
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release Cybersecurity in Tourism, 2020 Update Thematic Research here
News-ID: 2161360 • Views: 289
More Releases for Data
Weather Station Data Logger Collects Meteorological Data
Complete Weather monitoring using an Intelligent Universal Data Logger A construction company needed to collect meteorological data to study the effects of building materials such as roofing tile. CAS DataLoggers provided the dataTaker DT-85 for an environmental monitoring solution. Long-term monitoring of a variety of weather data is required to determine how the products perform under harsh environmental conditions. The field engineer desired a single recording device to connect with
How to turn Data into Smart Data
Both enterprises and individuals have to process some kind of data every day, whether it is a short message, a notification, a piece of news, statistics, a video, etc. If we accumulate all the data acquired in a month, the amount guarantees to shock anyone. Turning data into smart data As we go through the daily pile of data generated, not only must we record it, we also need to make sense
Data Quality and Data Governance Solution Market
In the enterprise data management ecosystem, data quality is a broad term which refers to the quality, integrity, and consistency of data and/or process etc. Data quality also implies the degree of data accuracy and consistency. On the other hand, data governance focusses on the management of data assets by assigning authority, control, and responsibility of data and encompasses three key areas: people, process, and technology. Data quality and data governance
B2B Data Matching Services | Leo Data Services
B2B Data Matching Services - Revolutionary Marketing Campaigns In today's business scenario, managing successfully B2B Data Matching for prospect customer can be a challenge even the most capable organizations. Business to Business Marketing services from Leo Data Services are always customized to meet the needs of the business prospects. We make sure that our clients have quick, reliable access to their data through several possible interface methods that cover everything from data
B2B Data Services - Data Management - Data Providers
When it comes to Online Marketing, B2B Data Services is a well-known name for maintaining reputation among Digital Marketing competitors. It is a one stop shop for start-ups and enterprises looking for cost cutting and out of box solutions in the field of Data Management and services related to Campaign Marketing, Mobile Viral Marketing, Social Media, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing Campaigns and Internet Marketing. Sharing space among the well-established
Portable WiFi Data Loggers Record Data Anywhere!
Grant Squirrel Series Offers Reliable Standalone Operation wifi_dataloggersIf you need a device to collect data in the field, in the lab, or on the factory floor, CAS DataLoggers can provide your application with Portable WiFi Data Loggers from Grant Instruments. Common parameters such as Temperature, Humidity, Voltage, Current, Pressure and Force can all be measured and stored using Grant Squirrel series data loggers. These handheld data loggers have internal batteries allowing them