Top 6 Advantages of SharePoint
Microsoft Office SharePoint Server is a powerful server based solution which facilitates collaboration and implementation of business processes within the organization. SharePoint provides a full set of features for managing content and provides access to critical data for organizations.
Though Microsoft SharePoint offers many advantages, here are the top six advantages of implementing SharePoint solutions for your organization.
1) Document management: in any organization, files and documents increase exponentially over a period of time. Managing and tracking documents is easy with SharePoint. It allows you to store files in one central location and facilitates sharing efficiently.
2) Sharing work files through email can be difficult and cumbersome. With SharePoint this becomes very easy as the files are stored in one location. Thus, enabling all team members to share and edit files.
3) Business Intelligence or BI as it popularly called all these years was concentrated in the the hands of a few in any organization. All the levels of an organization were not able to participate due many limitations. With the advent of SharePoint and addition of Performance Point, true sharing and collaboration among all levels within any organization has been made possible.
4) As Thomas Friedman said ‘The World Is Flat’. Nowadays, organizations are spread over different geographical locations across many time zones. Sharing and collaboration is needed within many departments, teams, vendors and customers. All this is not easily possible if we do not have a robust collaboration such as SharePoint. SharePoint solutions are really a boon in such situations where seamless and robust sharing and content management is needed along with flexibility and scalability.
5) There is a data & information overload. Everyday within any organization, even more data is created and consumed. Searching and retrieving data and relevant information can be a big waste of time and resources. With SharePoint, filing, searching and retrieving documents is a breeze. Reporting is made simple which assists a great deal in how business data is mined and presented to users.
6) Normally, creating and maintain sites is difficult, time consuming and expensive. SharePoint allows anyone to develop intranet sites for use within their organization. This eliminates the need to hire website development experts every time a site needs to be created. For example, discussion boards, survey sites and repositories can be easily created using SharePoint.
In this article we have just touched the tip of the iceberg. SharePoint is a one stop solution for sharing & collaboration needs of organizations of any size and industry.
SharePoint is essentially collaboration tool. It is one of the fastest selling products by Microsoft. SharePoint is essentially an enterprise information portal
Azurebiz Solutions, Dallas,Texas
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release Top 6 Advantages of SharePoint here
News-ID: 203699 • Views: 1019
More Releases for Point
Beauty Point Retirement Resort
A luxury retirement village with the perfect combination of lifestyle and sense of security. Designed with the vision of providing an impeccable independent living environment, together with excellence in care, Beauty Point Resort prides itself on providing the highest level of services of any retirement home in Sydney. Call us on (02) 8708 4700 for more information on the perfect village for you, or your family member. Beauty Point Retirement Resort 33
Energy Point Absorber Market
Global Point Absorber Market: Overview The point absorber, a type of wave energy convertor (WEC), can provide substantial quantities of power in a small device as compared to other technologies. Although their designs and working mechanisms differ, they mostly work in the same manner. Point absorbers find application in commercial, industrial and residential purposes. The market for point absorber is still in a nascent stage. Get Research Report Overview @
Pour Point Depressants Market
Pour Point Depressants (PPD) are polymers which lowers the temperature to suppress the precipitation of hydrocarbons present in oil. Pour Point Depressants are also known as paraffin inhibitors. Pour point depressants interlocks the waxy materials or paraffin by co-crystallization and modify the shape of crystals to increase the fluidity of oil or fluid. Good quality pour point depressants lowers the pour point up to 400C. However, polymethacrylates and alkylaromatic polymers
4ipnet releases 400Mbps Point-to-Point Wireless Bridge Kit
TAIPEI, TAIWAN – September 12th, 2012 - 4ipnet, Inc., a leading wireless networking device provider for manageable, reliable, and secure wireless access, announced the release of OWL600RL, Outdoor Point-to-Point Wireless Bridge. The new Outdoor Kit from 4ipnet replaces high costs wired or wireless system equipment by offering a profitable ROI (Return On Investment) opportunity. The OWL600RL throughput up to 400Mbps in 2.5km of separation range using both the 2.4GHz or
Successful Turning Point
The following picture was taken on the expo in Malaysia, showing the successful smile of GstarCAD’s two friends-Khor and Francis, the CEO of NEOFAME TECHNOLOGIES SDN BHD and Acad Pte.Ltd respectively. After switching from their former partner, they are happy to find out they have gradually established a long-term strategic relationship with GstarCAD. Khor (the one on the left), CEO of NEOFAME TECHNOLOGIES SDN BHD and Francis (the one
New Horse Sales Website ParadeRing.ie Launches at Point-to-Point
In conjunction with the biggest Point-to-Point of the year in Ballynoe, Co. Cork, a new website was launched for selling Irish Thoroughbreds, called ParadeRing.ie. Paradering.ie is an online business for buying and selling racehorses in Ireland. Last Sunday they partnered with the local point-to-point in Ballynoe to sponsor the winning trainer of every race on the day. The Gain Mares Final held at Ballynoe every year is the pinnacle race in