Tony Hayward speaking at Kurdistan-Iraq Oil & Gas Conference
The UK-based Vallares PLC, listed in the London Stock Exchange and led by former BP Plc Chief Executive Officer Tony Hayward, announced on 7 September 2011, its plans to merge with the Turkish Genel Energy International Ltd, the largest oil producer in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. The value of the merger is US$2.1 billion
The UK-based Vallares PLC and former BP Plc Chief Executive Officer Tony Hayward together with Genel Energy’s CEO Mehmet Sepil, will be addressing the Kurdistan–Iraq Oil & Gas Conference.
The event will take place in Erbil on the 13-15 November 2011 with the full support of the Kurdistan Regional Government, the Iraqi Government and the Ministry of Natural Resources – Kurdistan. According to Kurdish Globe, the first and the only English paper in Erbil, the Region was described as "one of the last great oil and gas frontiers".
Gulf Keystone Petroleum is confirmed as Principal Sponsor; Genel Energy, DNO, Marathon Oil, Repsol, KAR Group, UB Holding & Iraq Oil, ADDAX Petroleum, Afren, OMV, OilServ, MOL, Hess, Talisman Energy, WesternZagros, Garda World and Mubadala are confirmed as Associate Sponsors for the Conference.
Confirmed Ministerial Keynote Speakers:
• H.E. Barham Salih, Prime Minister of Kurdistan, Kurdistan Regional Government
• H.E. Ashti Hawrami, Minister of Natural Resources, Kurdistan Regional Government
• H.E. Michael Aron, Her Majesty’s Ambassador to Iraq, British Embassy
• H.E. Taner Yildiz, Energy Minister, Turkey
• Nadhim Zahawi , MP, UK Parliament
• Aydın Selcen, Turkish Consul General, Turkish Consulate , Erbil
• Qubad Talabani, Representative to the US, Kurdistan Regional Government – Iraq
• Sir Jeremy Greenstock, Former UK Ambassador to the UN, Director, Lambert Energy Advisory ltd
• Dr Alirio Parra, Senior Associate, CWC Group Ltd
• H.E. Abdul Razzak Alsaady, Head of Iraq Finance Commission, Iraqi Government
• Sirwan Aziz, Senior Advisor to the Minister of Natural Resources, Kurdistan Regional Government – Iraq
• Saad Sadollah, Commercial and Business Development Advisor, Ministry of Natural Resources Kurdistan Regional Government - Iraq
• Michael Howard, Advisor to the Minister of Natural Resources, Kurdistan Regional Government – Iraq
• Tony Hayward, CEO, Vehicle Valleres
• Jabbar Allibi, Former DG of the South Oil Company & Chairman of the Board of Directors, the Minister’s Former Advisor for the South Oil Fields, Iraqi Ministry of Oil
• Todd F Kozel, Executive Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Gulf Keystone Petroleum Ltd
• Mehmet Sepil, CEO, Genel Enerji
• Magne Normann, Managing Director, DNO
• Walter Hamilton, Senior Vice President for Global Exploration, OMV Exploration & Production GmbH
• Gretchen Watkins, Regional VP for International Production, Marathon
• Michael Woltran, Senior Vice President Gas Logistics, OMV Gas & Power GmbH
• John B Gerstenlauer, Chief Operating Officer, Gulf Keystone Petroleum Ltd
• J Jay Park Q.C., Partner and Chair, Global Resources Practice Group, Macleod Dixon LLP
• Iain Wright, Associate Director, Afren
• Dr Peter Wells, Director, Neftex Petroleum Consultants
• Ben Montalbano, Senior Research Analyst, EPRINC
• Peter Worby, Iraq Country Director, AAIB Insurance Brokers
• Prof Dr Friedbert Pflüger, Director European Centre for Energy & Resource Security (EUCERS), King's College London
• Ian McIntosh, VP Kurdistan Business Unit, Western Zagros Resources
The Kurdistan-Iraq Oil & Gas Conference is organized by the CWC Group Limited.
The CWC Group are renowned world experts in oil, gas, power, telecommunications, infrastructure and investment sectors, particularly in emerging markets. We have a wealth of knowledge, offering top-level strategic events around the world.
We work closely with many governments, NOCs and international corporations to highlight the key issues and challenges facing the global energy industry. CWC operates globally and over the past 13 years, our gatherings have become widely acknowledged within the industry for their quality, prestigious level of government officials and senior corporate delegation.
Regent House Oyster Wharf 16-18 Lombard Road London SW11 3RB UK
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release Tony Hayward speaking at Kurdistan-Iraq Oil & Gas Conference here
News-ID: 192982 • Views: 2076
More Releases from CWC Group
Soma Oil & Gas Exploration Ltd announces sponsorship of the CWC’s 2nd Somalia …
Soma Oil & Gas Exploration Limited, the Somalia-focused oil and gas exploration company, is pleased to announce it will be sponsoring CWC’s Somalia Oil & Gas Summit for the second year running. Following the success of the inaugural event last year, the Somalia Oil & Gas Summit 2014, organized by the CWC Group, will be taking place on 20 October 2014, at the Jumeirah Carlton Tower, Cadogan Place, London,
Progress of Iraqi Integrated National Energy Strategy to be analysed at Iraq Pet …
(09 March 2014, London, UK) Following the creation of the Iraqi Integrated National Energy Strategy last year, the Iraqi Government has set itself the task of fulfilling the strategy’s detailed plan by the year 2033. Though focused on Iraq’s long term future, many changes are required to be made in the short term in order to reach key milestones. The progress of the implementation of this landmark strategy will be
More Releases for Iraq
ISO Certification In Iraq – Press Release
We are glad to inform you all that we have resumed our services in Iraq for ISO certification Consultation and Audit. Why ISO Certification In Iraq? The government and the private sector will give more importance to companies that are located in Iraq which will adopt the ISO standard. The company will benefit from substantial cultural, intellectual, and economic value through ISO certification within Iraq. The development of infrastructure in Iraq is closely
Iraq Real Estate Expo 2019
A New Breath in the Iraqi Market; IRAQ REAL ESTATE EXPO!!! Iraq Real Estate Expo 2019: International Real Estate & Investment Exhibition is organized by Elan Expo will take place on 25-27 April 2019 at Baghdad International Fair Ground at Baghdad, Iraq. THE EXPECTANT EXPO; IREXPO Iraq which is located in a strategic place in the Middle East has around 39 million populations. With the 193 billion dollars GDP; Iraqi people are
Mega Clima Iraq HVAC Expo 2019
4th Iraq Hvac Expo 2019: International Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Exhibition is organized by Elan Expo will take place on 25-27 April 2019 at Baghdad International Fair Ground at Baghdad, Iraq. IRAQ – THE MEETING POINT OF MANIFACTURERS In recent years, Iraq is one of the most preferable states in the construction sector through the Middle East. International investors are inclined to make investment to the country which is very rich
Iraq Radio Live ( Online Radio )
Iraqi Live Radio is created to accommodate our users expectations, concerning to the development of pioneering technologies. The following application is compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch meanwhile is very easy to use. This is a wireless telegraphy which broadcasts advanced Radio Stations available from all over the globe. Iraqi Live Radio is a free application which provides you with the striking opportunity to listen to your favorite music,
Iraq Petroleum 2012: Positioning Iraq on the World Energy Map
Iraq’s oil exports have reached the highest records in decades. Crude oil exports averaged 2.508 million bpd in April 2012 due to the opening of two new floating terminals, easing export constraints. The Iraq Petroleum 2012 Conference will address this recent increase in crude oil exports, in a key session titled ‘Positioning Iraq on the World Energy Map’ led by members of the Iraqi Government, including: H.E. Thamir Ghadban; H.E.
Minister of Communications for Iraq Confirmed as Opening Keynote Speaker at Iraq …
The CWC Group has confirmed H.E. Mohammed Tawfik Allawi, The Minister of Communications for the Iraqi Government will present the opening keynote address at Iraq Telecoms 2012, taking place on 12- 14 November in Istanbul, Turkey. He will discuss the role of the Iraqi telecommunications industry as a key driver for economic growth, and will provide an overview of the current status of the telecoms sector in Iraq. In its