India Cold Chain Market is Expected to Reach INR 470 Billion by 2022: Ken Research
• India cold chain market is unorganized and dominated by traditional cold storage facilities which are majorly dedicated to the storage of potatoes. The cold storage capacity has grown 1.2 times during 2012 to 2017.
• The distribution of cold storages is highly uneven with majority of the cold storages located in Uttar Pradesh, Gujarat, Punjab and Maharashtra.
• Majority of the cold storages are owned and operated by domestic companies. Snowman Logistics is one of the leading players in the industry.
India Cold Chain industry poses a compelling future albeit with challenges. The market will be facilitated by favorable government initiatives and enhancement in technology to improve the quality of storage and transportation facility. The market will witness a transition from traditional cold storages to fully integrated cold chain projects which would bring about efficiency and increased productivity of cold chain companies. Furthermore, with the rising exports of seafood, dairy products and other perishable items, major players will upgrade their facilities in order to store broad variety of products under a wider temperature range.
Favorable government initiative such as subsidy schemes for setting up a cold storage facility and purchasing standalone reefer vehicles and SAMAPADA Scheme will support the development of cold chain infrastructure. Moreover, major dairy companies, retail chains and online grocers such as Amul, Haldiram Group and BigBasket have received federal approval to set up 101 cold chains which will bring in an investment of INR 3,100 crore in the sector. Such developments and growing investment from public and private sector is projected to propel the market revenue.
The cold transport market will be majorly driven by rise in trading activities involving perishable and time sensitive products. The increasing demand for convenience foods, advancements in freezing technology and cold chain logistics will further support frozen food sales. The growth of online grocery stores such as BigBasket, Grofers and rise in e-retail market will create demand for Just in Time cold chain services. With the constant shift in client business, more customized and value-added services are required along with standardized services offerings.
Ken Research in its latest study, “India Cold Chain Market Outlook to 2022 - by Cold Storage & Cold Transport, 3PL, End User Industry (Agro food, Fruits & Vegetables, Fruit pulp & Concentrates, Dairy Products, Ice Cream, Meat, Sea Food, Confectionery, Poultry, Ready to Cook, Pharmaceutical, Industrial Products)”, suggests that demand for multi-purpose cold storage, third party temperature controlled distribution, regional growth and expansion, surge in ambient warehousing revenue will drive the future of cold chain in India.
For more information on the research report, refer to below link:
Related Reports by Ken Research
Ankur Gupta, Head Marketing & Communications
Ken Research Pvt. Ltd.,
Unit 14, Tower B3, Spaze I Tech Business Park, Sohna Road, sector 49 Gurgaon, Haryana - 122001, India
Ken Research is a Global aggregator and publisher of Market intelligence, equity and economy reports. We provides business intelligence and operational advisory in 300+ verticals underscoring disruptive technologies, emerging business models with precedent analysis and success case studies.
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release India Cold Chain Market is Expected to Reach INR 470 Billion by 2022: Ken Research here
News-ID: 1904692 • Views: 1268
More Releases from Ken Research
Digital Enablement, Adoption of Omni-Channel Business Models and Growing Demand …
• As an impact of Covid-19, OLX Indonesia saw a drop of 15-25% in the number of used car listings on its platform in 2020. • Used car platform, Carro, experienced a 600% increase in demand for certified used cars during the pandemic. The platform offered home test drives as well as the option of purchasing cars completely online. • In July 2020, BeliMobilGue became a part of OLX Indonesia and rebranded itself
Government Initiatives to Promote the Use of Agriculture Equipment Coupled with …
• Government plans to boost national production of local agricultural machinery and has prepared a budget worth USD 538 Million for machinery development in Indonesia. • The mechanization rate for land preparation is higher in Indonesia and it is forecasted to get mechanized further. Mechanization is also anticipated to increase the welfare of farm households & create employment opportunities in the rural areas. • Java will continue to be the area with the highest demand
Qatar Retail Restaurant Industry is expected to cross QAR 8,900 Mn by 2025: Ken …
• Recent and upcoming malls in Qatar, such as Mall of Qatar, Tawar Mall, Al Hazm Mall are likely to expand options for Retail Restaurant outlets in the country. • The Qatari Government is undertaking numerous initiatives under Qatar National Vision 2030 to encourage its local companies to expand into regional and international markets. • Due to COVID, Online Food Delivery services and the concept of Cloud Kitchen is getting extremely Popular in Qatar and
Thailand’s Growing number of Heart Disease patients with Improving Healthcare …
• Launch of Smart Health ID (patient administration cloud service) during 2018–20 under Thailand 4.0 increased digital penetration among manufacturers & distributors • Access to patients’ data to manage future demand of healthcare services and medical devices under Thailand 4.0. • Expenditure on elderly population welfare in Thailand is anticipated to reach USD 148.5 Mn by 2021 with a double-digit CAGR of 10.5% during 2016-2021. • Hospital groups such as Bangkok, Bumrungrad, Kasemred have planned to open
More Releases for Cold
COLD ROOM CONSTRUCTION
How to get an official quotation from Akpo Oyegwa Refrigeration Company? For clarification kindly visit the official website as various sizes of cold rooms have been published with the costs included. As soon as you have made your final decision about the exact size of cold room you need then you can proceed further by filling the quotation request form online and an official quotation will be sent to you via e-mail. https://www.nigeriacontractor.com/get-a-quote/
COLD CHAIN BUSINESS
The Cold Chain Industry is developing at a faster rate in India due to a shift in focus to better storage and transportation facility of the commodity from increasing the production. A cold chain is a temperature-controlled supply chain that involves the storage and transportation of perishable goods. The cold chain helps to preserve and increase the shelf life of various products including agricultural produce, frozen food, pharmaceuticals, etc. Food
Cold Plasma Technology Market Size
This report focuses on the global Cold Plasma Technology status, future forecast, growth opportunity, key market and key players. The study objectives are to present the Cold Plasma Technology development in United States, Europe and China. In 2017, the global Cold Plasma Technology market size was million US$ and it is expected to reach million US$ by the end of 2025, with a CAGR of during 2018-2025. Download FREE Sample of
Cold coffee cannibalizing cold drinks
The price of coffee is set to reach a record high by 2018, which is why coffee shops are hoarding coffee beans to meet consumer demand. While sales of hot coffee fell by 3% due to rising summer temperatures, cold coffee market sales were up by 80% over the previous year. It takes about 0.2 kilograms of beans to brew a gallon of hot coffee, while cold coffee takes only a pound.
Cold Chain Packaging Market -
The quality of service in “Cold Chain” is largely dependent on the growing investments in latest technology as well as equipment, particularly the cold chain packaging solution. Over the last decade or two, highly competitive market are facing economic hardships, and hence, pharmaceutical companies were looking for different methods to minimize cost of product packaging. One of the ways thought of to achieve cost cutting was the use of inexpensive
DAVOS - COLD OR HOT?
Davos – Cold or Hot? Check out on 9-10 February, 2012! - Prepare for a heated debate on who to run Employee Comms - HR or PR, with Paul Holmes, a seasoned PR and communications professional, founder of The Holmes Report and the SABRE awards, and an indisputable authority worldwide. -Join the round table on communicating scientific breakthrough with James Gillies, head of communications at CERN, as moderator. -Come to hear Daniel Holtgen’s solutions