India Cold Chain Market is Expected to Reach INR 470 Billion by 2022: Ken Research
• India cold chain market is unorganized and dominated by traditional cold storage facilities which are majorly dedicated to the storage of potatoes. The cold storage capacity has grown 1.2 times during 2012 to 2017.
• The distribution of cold storages is highly uneven with majority of the cold storages located in Uttar Pradesh, Gujarat, Punjab and Maharashtra.
• Majority of the cold storages are owned and operated by domestic companies. Snowman Logistics is one of the leading players in the industry.
India Cold Chain industry poses a compelling future albeit with challenges. The market will be facilitated by favorable government initiatives and enhancement in technology to improve the quality of storage and transportation facility. The market will witness a transition from traditional cold storages to fully integrated cold chain projects which would bring about efficiency and increased productivity of cold chain companies. Furthermore, with the rising exports of seafood, dairy products and other perishable items, major players will upgrade their facilities in order to store broad variety of products under a wider temperature range.
Favorable government initiative such as subsidy schemes for setting up a cold storage facility and purchasing standalone reefer vehicles and SAMAPADA Scheme will support the development of cold chain infrastructure. Moreover, major dairy companies, retail chains and online grocers such as Amul, Haldiram Group and BigBasket have received federal approval to set up 101 cold chains which will bring in an investment of INR 3,100 crore in the sector. Such developments and growing investment from public and private sector is projected to propel the market revenue.
The cold transport market will be majorly driven by rise in trading activities involving perishable and time sensitive products. The increasing demand for convenience foods, advancements in freezing technology and cold chain logistics will further support frozen food sales. The growth of online grocery stores such as BigBasket, Grofers and rise in e-retail market will create demand for Just in Time cold chain services. With the constant shift in client business, more customized and value-added services are required along with standardized services offerings.
Ken Research in its latest study, “India Cold Chain Market Outlook to 2022 - by Cold Storage & Cold Transport, 3PL, End User Industry (Agro food, Fruits & Vegetables, Fruit pulp & Concentrates, Dairy Products, Ice Cream, Meat, Sea Food, Confectionery, Poultry, Ready to Cook, Pharmaceutical, Industrial Products)”, suggests that demand for multi-purpose cold storage, third party temperature controlled distribution, regional growth and expansion, surge in ambient warehousing revenue will drive the future of cold chain in India.
For more information on the research report, refer to below link:
Related Reports by Ken Research
Ankur Gupta, Head Marketing & Communications
Ken Research Pvt. Ltd.,
Unit 14, Tower B3, Spaze I Tech Business Park, Sohna Road, sector 49 Gurgaon, Haryana - 122001, India
Ken Research is a Global aggregator and publisher of Market intelligence, equity and economy reports. We provides business intelligence and operational advisory in 300+ verticals underscoring disruptive technologies, emerging business models with precedent analysis and success case studies.
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release India Cold Chain Market is Expected to Reach INR 470 Billion by 2022: Ken Research here
News-ID: 1904692 • Views: 1391
More Releases from Ken Research
Indonesia Automotive Aftermarket Service Market is expected to reach about USD 1 …
• Automotive slowdown & the COVID-19 pandemic brought a sustained downward trend in new passenger car sales in 2020 in Indonesia • The Multi Brand car service market is anticipated to grow with a CAGR of 4.3% during the forecast period 2021-2026. Surging Used Car Sales in Tier-II Cities: Indonesia is one of the largest automotive and used car markets in Southeast Asia. It is home to many OEMs having production and assembling plants
Malaysia Automotive Aftermarket Service Market is expected to reach about USD 6. …
• Automotive slowdown & the COVID-19 pandemic brought a sustained downward trend in new passenger car sales in 2021 in Malaysia • The OEM/Authorized car service market is anticipated to grow with a CAGR of 11.7% during the forecast period 2020-2025. Surging Vehicle Parc in Malaysia: Malaysian automotive industry is witnessing a growth in the number of vehicle parc, which is leading to higher demand for the multi-brands and OEM car service companies in
Increasing Online Shoppers Coupled with Growing Middle Class Population has Stim …
Rising Government Support: Recognizing the importance of e-commerce for the Philippines economy, the country’s Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) has developed the Philippines E-Commerce Roadmap 2016-2020. Its primary goal is to get online business activities to account for 25% of the country’s GDP by 2020, up from 10% in 2015. The government is committed to seeing through this roadmap and has made headway especially in the areas of: • Infrastructure -
Revenue generated from Australian Logistics Industry is expected to witness a CA …
• E-Commerce penetration in Australia increased to 10% by December 2020, although the global average is around 14.1% showcasing a huge potential growth for the Australian economy, in terms of E-Commerce penetration and in turn Logistics Industry. • Increasing Number of Logistics service providers are focussing on improving their Value Added Services and streamlining their business operations using Big Data, Data Analytics Tools, IoT, AI, and others. • Overall National Population of Australia has been
More Releases for Cold
Cold Pain Therapy Market
Allied Market Research (USA, Oregon, Portland) Published Latest Report titled, ‘Cold Pain Therapy Market: Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast 2020-2027’. The Cold Pain Therapy Market is expected to witness growth in upcoming years due to factors such as increase in target patient population, which mostly includes patients suffering from cancer, tuberculosis and cardiovascular diseases. This market research study determines the increase in changes and the aspects which are likely to have
COLD ROOM CONSTRUCTION
How to get an official quotation from Akpo Oyegwa Refrigeration Company? For clarification kindly visit the official website as various sizes of cold rooms have been published with the costs included. As soon as you have made your final decision about the exact size of cold room you need then you can proceed further by filling the quotation request form online and an official quotation will be sent to you via e-mail. https://www.nigeriacontractor.com/get-a-quote/
COLD CHAIN BUSINESS
The Cold Chain Industry is developing at a faster rate in India due to a shift in focus to better storage and transportation facility of the commodity from increasing the production. A cold chain is a temperature-controlled supply chain that involves the storage and transportation of perishable goods. The cold chain helps to preserve and increase the shelf life of various products including agricultural produce, frozen food, pharmaceuticals, etc. Food
Cold coffee cannibalizing cold drinks
The price of coffee is set to reach a record high by 2018, which is why coffee shops are hoarding coffee beans to meet consumer demand. While sales of hot coffee fell by 3% due to rising summer temperatures, cold coffee market sales were up by 80% over the previous year. It takes about 0.2 kilograms of beans to brew a gallon of hot coffee, while cold coffee takes only a pound.
Cold Chain Packaging Market -
The quality of service in “Cold Chain” is largely dependent on the growing investments in latest technology as well as equipment, particularly the cold chain packaging solution. Over the last decade or two, highly competitive market are facing economic hardships, and hence, pharmaceutical companies were looking for different methods to minimize cost of product packaging. One of the ways thought of to achieve cost cutting was the use of inexpensive
DAVOS - COLD OR HOT?
Davos – Cold or Hot? Check out on 9-10 February, 2012! - Prepare for a heated debate on who to run Employee Comms - HR or PR, with Paul Holmes, a seasoned PR and communications professional, founder of The Holmes Report and the SABRE awards, and an indisputable authority worldwide. -Join the round table on communicating scientific breakthrough with James Gillies, head of communications at CERN, as moderator. -Come to hear Daniel Holtgen’s solutions