CommVault Delivers Full VMware vSphere 5 Support To Maximize Operational And Business Efficiencies In VMware Virtual Environments
The shift from physical to virtual data centers continues as more customers leverage virtualization as the preferred environment for their most strategic applications. For many organizations, rapid data growth, expanding virtual server deployments and increasing data center consolidations are pushing legacy backup and recovery solutions to the breaking point.
With the release of VMware vSphere® 5 and the VMware cloud infrastructure suite VMware continues to push the limits of performance and scale with support for virtual machines (VMs) that are up to four times more powerful than previous versions. This dramatic increase in compute, memory, networking and storage support means IT can confidently deploy more VMs, larger VMs and run more performance intensive and more business critical applications inside VMs. The need for a modern data management solution that can maintain this pace is even more pressing than before.
CommVault® Simpana® 9 software stands ready for this massive increase in VM capabilities with a modern approach to virtual infrastructure data protection. Keeping in lockstep with VMware technology rollouts, Simpana software will deliver the ability to protect hundreds of VMs in minutes, scale to protect thousands of VMs and provides an off-host backup approach that ensures even the most performance intensive “Monster VM” can be easily backed-up. With the release of CommVault Simpana 9 Service Pack 3, customers can gain more flexibility and control over virtual environments with newly added VM lifecycle management and provisioning capabilities.
• CommVault recently announced availability of Simpana 9 Service Pack 3, which will include full support for VMware vSphere 5. CommVault Simpana 9 SP3 software will deliver key capabilities required for successful backup, recovery and data management operations in VMware vSphere 5 environments, including:
o The ability to protect hundreds of virtual machines in minutes.
o Scalability to protect thousands of virtual machines.
o Protection for the most performance intensive applications with minimal impact to operations.
o File-level browsing for faster, simpler, granular file restores.
• With VMware vSphere 5 protected by Simpana software, customers can be confident that their most critical application data will be managed and protected seamlessly and easily as they look to rapidly transition to scalable private, public and hybrid cloud environments.
• The new VMware VM lifecycle management capabilities in SP3 govern the creation and expiration of virtual machines based on user-driven policies. Using a Web console, administrators can create and manage collections of VMs provisioned from authorized VMware vCenter™ Server templates. Users can define expiration rules to allow VMs to be removed from the system, thereby freeing up critical production resources for new use.
• In addition, a new feature called VM Live Browse allows users to browse Windows-based VM backup images retained in a SnapProtect SnapCopy on a granular, file-level basis without requiring metadata collection on the backup job. This new file-level browse option automatically mounts a VM image to present file-level details in a browser and affords users all CommVault Virtual Server Agent (VSA) file-level restore options. Users can direct Live Browse to any VSA/SnapCopy in the storage policy hierarchy.
Tweet This: @CommVault offers full support for #VMware #vSphere 5 with #Simpana SP3 http://bit.ly/qusuFX
Simpana 9 SP3 Extends Modern Data Protection from Physical to Virtual to the Cloud
• Simpana software’s unique ability to unify backup, recovery, archive, replication, management and search capabilities under a common code base helps customers scale out their storage environments and address legacy physical and virtualized server and cloud-storage environments and the data protection and information management challenges they encounter.
• According to IDC’s June 2011 Storage Software Insight , as organizations rethink their backup strategies, new “modernized data protection” practices that tightly integrate snapshot, replication and persistent copies—from physical or virtual servers—that are also secure, deduplicated and accessible through a single point of entry, become critical. With Simpana 9, according to the IDC Insight report, “CommVault has set the foundation for its customers to protect their data from core to cloud.”
• David West, senior vice president of marketing and business development for CommVault:
“For years, we’ve been focused on solving our customers’ data protection challenges for virtual server infrastructures with new features that anticipate their needs as they bridge their physical and virtual IT environments. With upcoming VMware vSphere 5® support in Simpana 9, and its compelling protection capabilities like SnapProtect, CommVault is taking a leadership position in the virtual server data protection space.”
• Parag Patel, vice president, Global Strategic Alliances, VMware:
“With VMware vSphere® 5 and our cloud infrastructure suite, VMware is amplifying the value customers can realize from virtualized resources by enabling cloud-scale operations. The virtual server backups, data protection and management capabilities offered by Simpana 9 are important components of this overall solution.”
• CommVault® Simpana® 9 software
• More on Modern Data Protection optimized for VMware environments
• More on CommVault backup and recovery
• More on CommVault archive
• More CommVault news
• Subscribe to CommVault RSS feeds: http://news.commvault.com/rss-feeds.asp
• Follow CommVault on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CommVault
• Follow CommVault on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/CommVault
A singular vision – a belief in a better way to address current and future data management needs – guides CommVault in the development of Singular Information Management® solutions for high-performance data protection, universal availability and simplified management of data on complex storage networks. CommVault's exclusive single-platform architecture gives companies unprecedented control over data growth, costs and risk. CommVault's Simpana® software suite of products was designed to work together seamlessly from the ground up, sharing a single code and common function set, to deliver superlative Data Protection, Archive, Replication, Search and Resource Management capabilities. More companies every day join those who have discovered the unparalleled efficiency, performance, reliability, and control only CommVault can offer. Information about CommVault is available at www.commvault.com. CommVault's corporate headquarters is located in Oceanport, New Jersey in the United States.
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers' results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault's beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2011 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, SnapProtect, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, ROMS, and CommValue are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.
VMware, VMware vCenter and VMware vSphere are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and/or other jurisdictions.
PO BOX 78835, Dubai, UAE
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release CommVault Delivers Full VMware vSphere 5 Support To Maximize Operational And Business Efficiencies In VMware Virtual Environments here
News-ID: 188791 • Views: 1759
More Releases from CommVault Systems
CommVault Launches Endpoint Data Protection to Secure, Support and Back Up Mobil …
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates, 15th January, 2015—CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) today announced the launch of Simpana for Endpoint Data Protection, a new solution set designed to help protect and enable the mobile workforce by efficiently backing-up laptops, desktops and mobile devices and providing secure access and self-service capabilities. With today’s mobile workforce increasing their reliance on information saved on local endpoints and outside IT’s traditional domain, the need to protect sensitive data
CommVault Addresses Demand for Data Management Optimization with New Consulting …
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates, 23 July, 2014 - CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) today announced the launch of two new service offerings designed to help enterprises accelerate time to value and drive greater business efficiencies from their data management environments. The new CommVault® Operational Efficiency Assessment and Simpana® Software Personalization services provide customers new ways to optimize IT investments, extend the value of their information assets, automate their key processes and benefit from
CommVault Recognized as the 2014 Microsoft Server Platform Partner of the Year W …
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates, June 17, 2014 – CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) today announced it has won the 2014 Microsoft Server Platform Partner of the Year Award. The company was honored among a global field of top Microsoft Corp. partners for demonstrating excellence in innovation and implementation of customer solutions based on Microsoft technology. The Server Platform Partner of the Year Award honors a partner who has delivered solutions that enable
More Releases for Vault
Dash Next Partners With Crypto Vault
Crypto Vault offers the world-first patent-pending Crypto Certificates, NFT certificates, and Metaverse Certificates. This makes it easy for people to Give the Gift of cryptocurrency easily and securely. Dash users can now gift Dash in the form of crypto certificates to family and friends. They no longer have to set up a traditional crypto wallet for each individual to store or share crypto. Now you can give Dash to loved ones
Digital Vault Market 2021 to Focus on Profitability
According to The Insight Partners Digital Vault Market report 2028, discusses various factors driving or restraining the market, which will help the future market to grow with promising CAGR. The Digital Vault Market Research Reports offers an extensive collection of reports on different markets covering crucial details. The report studies the competitive environment of the Digital Vault Market is based on company profiles and their efforts on increasing product value and
Battery Vault Reviews 2021: (Unbelievable Truth!) Read this battery Vault review …
Battery Vault holds onto your batteries to help maintain their charge for your next emergency. There are three words that always fill me with dread. House cleaning day. About 3 weeks ago, my wife decided we needed to reorganize our home with a massive cleaning spree. I swear she went through every single room, closet, and drawer. When she got to the junk drawer in the kitchen, she was shocked by the mess of
Systweak releases Secret Photo Vault app for Android Users
Systweak Software has released the Android version of one of its popular apps, Secret Photo Vault. Previously, it was available exclusively for iOS devices. Secret Photo Vault is a smart tool using which users can easily hide and protect their personal and secret photos from public view. It not only includes password and PIN protection but also lets users unlock their photos with fingerprint unlock. In addition to this, the app has
Asia-Pacific Vault Doors Market Report 2017
MarketResearchReports.Biz presents this most up-to-date research on "Asia-Pacific Vault Doors Market Report 2017" Description In this report, the Asia-Pacific Vault Doors market is valued at USD XX million in 2016 and is expected to reach USD XX million by the end of 2022, growing at a CAGR of XX% between 2016 and 2022. Geographically, this report split Asia-Pacific into several key Regions, with sales (volume), revenue (value), market share and growth rate of
Systweak Launches Secret Photo Vault for iOS
Keeping with the times, Systweak Software has released a practical app which keeps personal photos and videos safe from prying eyes. The Secret Photo Vault app, built for iOS devices, helps protect user’s photographs and videos from being accessed by anyone without notice. The app can lock photographs and videos with a 4-digit Passcode set by the device user/owner. Secret Photo Vault can import pictures and videos directly from Photo