BellaSeno’s Design and Manufacturing Processes Fully ISO 13485 Certified
- Among the first medtech companies worldwide to offer integrated contract manufacturing of additively produced implants under ISO standards
Leipzig, Germany, July 15, 2019 - BellaSeno GmbH, a company developing absorbable implants using additive manufacturing technology, today announced it obtained full ISO 13485 certification for its design and additive manufacturing processes, ranging from the concept and prototype to the production of novel, non-silicone-based absorbable implants. In addition, the Company raised a further EUR 1 million from its existing investors, bringing the total amount raised by BellaSeno to EUR 4.2 million. The proceeds will be used to fund a clinical trial of Senella®, its first product, a biocompatible and fully absorbable breast scaffold made from a polymer that is FDA-approved and CE-marked for a wide variety of clinical applications. The trial is scheduled to start in Q4/2019.
“We are now one of very few companies worldwide with an ISO 13485 certification covering the entire process of design and additive manufacturing of absorbable implants,” said Dr. Simon Champ, CEO of BellaSeno. „This is not only a prerequisite for the clinical trial of Senella®, our first product, but also for closing contract manufacturing deals with companies seeking to develop and market their own absorbable implants for a wide range of medical applications. We are offering the entire process under ISO 13485 certification to other medtech companies worldwide - from concept and inhouse design to manufacturing of prototypes, clinical trials and series production.”
He added that BellaSeno’s platform technology and patent-pending porous architectures can be used to design and manufacture a broad spectrum of soft and stiff devices for bone and soft tissue replacements.
Absorbable implants guide the growth of natural tissue derived from the patient's own body and are slowly, but fully absorbed over a period of several days, months or years, dependent on the composition of the polymer employed. In contrast to many other implants, the result is a natural tissue with no foreign body remnants. BellaSeno’s implants are produced via additive manufacturing (AM), more commonly known as 3D-printing.
BellaSeno’s first product, Senella®, is a patented, porous, absorbable scaffold which will provide a step change in the quality of life of breast reconstruction and augmentation patients around the world. The Company believes it has the potential to disrupt the current breast surgery markets, which at present are dominated by silicone implants.
Senella® is a patented porous scaffold made of absorbable Polycaprolactone (PCL) containing highly-specialised topological and design features, which act as recipients for injected fat tissue isolated with a standard liposuction procedure. The implant is designed to get absorbed over a span of two years and to provide a stable platform for the injected fat tissue to mature, adapt to its environment and stabilize. The clinical end result is a natural breast – without remnants of foreign material and thus has the potential to alleviate the complications found in current breast reconstruction and augmentation approaches.
Deutscher Platz 5a (BioCity)
Dr. Simon Champ
Tel.: +49 176 8033 7273
Dr. Ludger Wess / Ines-Regina Buth
Tel. +49 40 88 16 59 64
Tel. +49 30 23 63 27 68
BellaSeno GmbH was founded in 2015 and is located on the BioCity campus in Leipzig, Germany. The Company is developing novel absorbable breast implants made by additive manufacturing (3D-printing). The Company has received substantial financial support from private investors as well as from the Saxony Development Bank (SAB) and the European Fund for Regional Development (EFRE). The company is thereby co-funded from tax resources based on the budget adopted by the members of Saxon State Parliament.
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release BellaSeno’s Design and Manufacturing Processes Fully ISO 13485 Certified here
News-ID: 1803885 • Views: 333
More Releases from BellaSeno GmbH
BellaSeno Initiates Scaffold Development Program for Tendon and Ligament Regener …
- Collaboration with Fraunhofer IZI further expanded - Funding provided by Sächsische Aufbaubank Leipzig, Germany, July 1, 2021 – BellaSeno GmbH, an ISO 13485-certified medtech company developing absorbable scaffolds using additive manufacturing technologies, today announced that the Company has initiated a program on tendon and ligament reconstruction funded by the State of Saxony´s Sächsische Aufbaubank (SAB). The program will be run in close collaboration with Fraunhofer Institute for Cell Therapy and Immunology
BellaSeno Wins Prestigious German Innovation Award 2021
- Leading-edge Senella® soft tissue technology awarded for excellence in B2B / medical technologies Leipzig, Germany, May 18, 2021 – BellaSeno GmbH, an ISO 13485-certified medtech company developing absorbable scaffolds using additive manufacturing technologies, today announced that the Company has received the German Innovation Award from the German Design Council for its Senella® technology in the category #W2 Excellence in Business to Business - Medical Technologies. BellaSeno has been chosen among
BellaSeno Establishes GMP-Compliant High-Throughput Additive Manufacturing Facil …
- Seamless transition from R&D to commercial-scale additive manufacturing - Leading-edge cleanroom, no-touch manufacturing - GMP capabilities for internal and contract manufacturing Leipzig, Germany, November 17, 2020 - BellaSeno GmbH, an ISO 13485-certified medtech company developing absorbable scaffolds using additive manufacturing technologies, today announced the establishment of a novel, leading-edge additive manufacturing facility for medical implants supported by the Fraunhofer Institute for Cell Therapy and Immunology IZI, Leipzig, Germany. It is the one
BellaSeno and Charite - Universitaetsmedizin Berlin Collaborate Under BMBF-Funde …
- Development of absorbable implants for the personalized treatment of bone defects in patients with diabetes - BellaSeno responsible for high resolution, medical-grade scaffold manufacturing under ISO 13485 Leipzig, Germany, March 24, 2020 - BellaSeno GmbH, a company developing absorbable scaffolds using additive manufacturing technologies, today announced a collaboration with Charite - Universitaetsmedizin Berlin under the recently established SyMBoD consortium. Under the agreement, BellaSeno will design and manufacture personalized, 3D-printed, absorbable
More Releases for Senella®
Ultimate Chemicals® Featured in Manufacturing Marvels® on The Fox Business Net …
MOORE, OK., Oct. 8, 2021/ -- Ultimate Chemicals® Inc., an integrated manufacturer and supplier of chemicals and related services, is pleased to announce it will be showcased in a broadcast of Manufacturing Marvels® scheduled to air on October 14, 2021 at approximately 9:30-9:44 p.m. EST on The Fox Business Network® (FBN). Ultimate Chemicals has created their products to help restore surfaces to their optimum surface capability. Non-destructive to the surfaces to
Sunera Technologies, Inc Joins SAP® PartnerEdge® Delivering SAP® S/4HANA
Sunera Technologies, Inc Joins SAP® PartnerEdge® Delivering SAP® S/4HANA and Intelligent Enterprise to Manufacturing, Consumer Products, Higher education, and research, Industrial machinery and components, Life sciences and Automotive Industries Chicago, IL, June 10, 2020 – Sunera Technologies, Inc announced that it had joined the SAP® PartnerEdge® program as a Re-sell & Services partner, through which it will resell SAP solutions to midsize organizations in North America. Through this engagement, SuneraTech
Infosim® announces release of StableNet® 8.5
Würzburg/Austin/Singapore, July 15th, 2019 – Infosim®, the technology leader in automated Service Fulfillment and Service Assurance solutions, today announced the release of version 8.5 of its award-winning software suite StableNet® for Telco and Enterprise customers. StableNet® 8.5 provides a significant number of powerful new features and improvements, including: • New functionalities of the Discovery Module spanning across o Connectivity Discovery, o Rediscovery, and o XML Discovery • Root Cause AI (Machine Learning-based Root Cause Analysis extension) • StableNet® Health Management • Improved Script Jobs • Enhanced
Infosim® announces release of StableNet® 7.5
Würzburg/Austin/Singapore, October 26th, 2015 – Infosim®, the technology leader in automated Service Fulfillment and Service Assurance solutions, today announced the release of version 7.5 of its award-winning software suite StableNet® for Telco and Enterprise customers. StableNet® 7.5 provides a significant number of powerful new features, including: • Dynamic Rule Generation (DRG); a new and revolutionary Fault Management concept • REST interface supporting the new StableNet® iPhone (and upcoming Android) app • Highly customizable dashboard in both the
GRAMMY® Performers Receiving AnthroSpa Logic® Announced
CHICAGO, IL- February, 2011- The Performers at the 53rd Annual GRAMMY® Awards, who will receive AnthroSpa Logic®, a luxury, 100% natural spa skin care and body care line inspired by the science of anthropology have been announced. The unique skin care line combines beauty secrets from around world and will be included in the in the Official VIP “Gift Bag” for the event, which takes place on Feb. 13,
American Megatrends Announces AMIBIOS®8 & Aptio®4.x Support for the Intel® Xe …
ATLANTA, GEORGIA - American Megatrends (AMI) is pleased to announce that its AMIBIOS®8 & Aptio®4.x products feature support for the new Intel® Xeon® 5500 Platform. The Intel® Xeon® 5500 platform combines the Intel® Xeon® Processor 5500 Series with the Intel® 5520 Chipset for embedded, storage, security and communications infrastructure applications in a wide range of form factors. There are four different processor options for this platform with seven year lifecycle support