V2X (Vehicle-to-Everything) Communications Ecosystem expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 170% between 2019 and 2022
Detailed Information with Companies Mentioned and Countries Covered:
Although legacy V2I (Vehicle-to-Infrastructure) technologies are currently in operational use worldwide for ETC (Electronic Toll Collection) and relatively simple V2I applications, advanced V2X systems – capable of supporting V2V (Vehicle-to-Vehicle), V2I and other forms of V2X communications – are beginning to gain broad commercial acceptance with two competing technologies vying for the attention of automakers and regulators: the commercially mature IEEE 802.11p/DSRC (Dedicated Short Range Communications) standard, and the relatively new 3GPP-defined C-V2X (Cellular V2X) technology which has a forward evolutionary path towards 5G.
With an initial focus on road safety and traffic efficiency applications, Toyota and GM (General Motors) have already equipped some of their vehicle models with IEEE 802.11p-based V2X technology in Japan and North America. Among other commercial commitments, Volkswagen will begin deploying IEEE 802.11p on volume models in Europe starting from 2019, while Geely and Ford plan to integrate C-V2X in their new vehicles by 2021 and 2022 respectively. It is also worth nothing that a number of luxury automakers – including BMW, Daimler, Volkswagen's subsidiary Audi, and Volvo Cars – already deliver certain V2X-type applications through wide-area cellular connectivity and supporting infrastructure such as appropriately equipped roadwork trailers.
Despite the ongoing 802.11p/DSRC versus C-V2X debate, regulatory uncertainty and other challenges, global spending on V2X communications technology is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 170% between 2019 and 2022. This research predicts that by the end of 2022, V2X will account for a market worth $1.2 Billion, with an installed base of nearly 6 Million V2X-equipped vehicles worldwide.
The “V2X (Vehicle-to-Everything) Communications Ecosystem: 2019 – 2030 – Opportunities, Challenges, Strategies & Forecasts” report presents an in-depth assessment of the V2X ecosystem including market drivers, challenges, enabling technologies, application scenarios, use cases, business models, key trends, standardization, spectrum availability/allocation, regulatory landscape, V2X deployment case studies, opportunities, future roadmap, value chain, ecosystem player profiles and strategies. The report also presents market size forecasts from 2019 till 2030. The forecasts cover four submarkets, two air interface technologies, 10 application categories and five regions.
REQUEST A READY SAMPLE REPORT:
The report comes with an associated Excel datasheet suite covering quantitative data from all numeric forecasts presented in the report.
The report covers the following topics:
- V2X ecosystem
- Market drivers and barriers
- V2V, V2I, V2P/V2D, V2N and other types of V2X communications
- V2X architecture and key elements
- V2X transmission modes, message sets and service capabilities
- IEEE 802.11p, C-V2X and other enabling technologies for V2X communications
- Complementary technologies including ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems), precision positioning, edge & cloud computing, network slicing, artificial intelligence, machine learning, Big Data and advanced analytics
- Key trends including the adoption of V2X as an integral part of automakers' vehicle development roadmaps; commercial readiness of V2X systems capable of supporting both IEEE 802.11p and C-V2X; launch of large scale, city-wide V2X deployments; availability of nationally and transnationally scalable V2X SCMS (Security Credential Management System) service offerings; emergence of motorcycle-specific V2X safety applications; use of V2V communications to support truck platooning systems; and delivery of certain V2X-type applications through wide-area cellular connectivity
- Review of more than 160 V2X applications – ranging from safety-related warnings and traffic light advisories to "see-through" visibility and fully autonomous driving
- Business models for monetizing V2X applications
- Examination of IEEE 802.11p and C-V2X engagements worldwide, including case studies of 22 live V2X deployments
- Spectrum availability and allocation for V2X across the global, regional and national regulatory domains
- Standardization, regulatory and collaborative initiatives
- Future roadmap and value chain
- Profiles and strategies of over 330 leading ecosystem players including automotive OEMS and V2X technology & solution providers
- Exclusive interview transcripts from eight companies across the V2X value chain: Cohda Wireless, Foresight Autonomous Holdings, Kapsch TrafficCom, Nokia, NXP Semiconductors, OnBoard Security, Qualcomm, and Savari
- Strategic recommendations for automotive OEMS, V2X technology & solution providers, mobile operators, cellular industry specialists and road operators
- Market analysis and forecasts from 2019 till 2030
Market forecasts are provided for each of the following submarkets and their subcategories:
- V2X Terminal Equipment
○ OBUs (On-Board Units)
○ RSUs (Roadside Units)
- V2X Applications
- V2X Backend Network Elements
- V2X Security
Air Interface Technologies
- C-V2X (Cellular V2X)
○ 5G NR (New Radio)-V2X
- IEEE 802.11p
○ IEEE 802.11p-2010
○ IEEE 802.11bd/NGV (Next-Generation V2X)
- Road Safety
- Traffic Management & Optimization
- Navigation & Traveler/Driver Information
- Transit & Public Transport
- Commercial Vehicle Operations
- Emergency Services & Public Safety
- Environmental Sustainability
- Road Weather Management
- Autonomous Driving & Advanced Applications
- Value-Added Services
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Latin & Central America
Key Questions Answered
The report provides answers to the following key questions:
- How big is the V2X opportunity?
- What trends, drivers and barriers are influencing its growth?
- How is the ecosystem evolving by segment and region?
- What will the market size be in 2022, and at what rate will it grow?
- Which regions and countries will see the highest percentage of growth?
- What is the status of V2X adoption worldwide, and what is the current installed base of V2X-equipped vehicles?
- What are the key application scenarios and use cases of V2X?
- How does V2X augment ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems) to improve active safety, traffic efficiency and situational awareness?
- Can V2X improve road safety for pedestrians, cyclists, motorcyclists and other vulnerable road users?
- What are the practical, quantifiable benefits of V2X – based on early commercial rollouts and large-scale pilot deployments?
- What are the technical and performance characteristics of IEEE 802.11p and C-V2X?
- Do VLC (Visible Light Communications)/Li-Fi and other short-range wireless technologies pose a threat to IEEE 802.11p and C-V2X?
- Which V2X applications will 5G-V2X and IEEE 802.11bd systems support in the future?
- How will V2X enable the safe and efficient operation of autonomous vehicles?
- What opportunities exist for mobile operators and cellular industry specialists in the V2X ecosystem?
- Who are the key ecosystem players, and what are their strategies?
- What strategies should automotive OEMs, V2X technology & solution providers, and other stakeholders adopt to remain competitive?
The report has the following key findings:
- Despite the ongoing 802.11p/DSRC versus C-V2X debate, regulatory uncertainty and other challenges, global spending on V2X communications technology is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 170% between 2019 and 2022. SNS Telecom & IT predicts that by the end of 2022, V2X will account for a market worth $1.2 Billion, with an installed base of nearly 6 Million V2X-equipped vehicles worldwide.
- While Toyota and other DSRC proponents are pushing ahead with their plans to roll out IEEE 802.11p in North America, Europe and Japan, pre-commercial C-V2X deployments have recently gained considerable momentum, spearheaded by cellular industry giants such as Qualcomm and Huawei – with support from automakers including Ford, BMW, Daimler, Groupe PSA, SAIC, Geely, Volkswagen's luxury brand Audi, and JLR (Jaguar Land Rover).
- Regional markets are also visibly divided with the Chinese Government backing C-V2X, Europe leaning towards IEEE 802.11p through its recently published delegated act on C-ITS (Cooperative Intelligent Transport Systems), and heated debates ensuing in the United States as a result of the 5GAA's waiver request to allow C-V2X deployments in the 5.9 GHz band.
- As a result, a number of automotive OEMs are beginning to adopt a flexible approach by choosing to deploy different technologies in different regions as they commit to V2X. For example, although GM has equipped its Cadillac CTS sedan vehicles with IEEE 802.11p in North America, the automaker is actively working with business partners to prepare for C-V2X deployment in China.
- Besides becoming a standard safety feature on an increasing number of vehicles, V2X communications technology – through its unique non line-of-sight sensing capability – will play a critical role in ensuring the safe and efficient operation of autonomous driving systems, particularly with the commercialization of next-generation V2X standards, specifically 5G-V2X and IEEE 802.11bd.
- The globally harmonized 5.9 GHz band continues to remain the preferred spectrum for V2X communications technology, with the exception of Japan – where the national regulator has allocated a single 9 MHz channel in the frequency range 755.5 – 764.5 MHz for safety-related applications based on V2V and V2I communications.
- Early discussions are ongoing for the potential use of new bands, most notably in the 3.4 – 3.8 GHz and 5.9 – 7.2 GHz frequency ranges, as well as millimeter wave spectrum for LOS (Line-of-Sight) and high data rate V2X applications. Recent field trials using 39 GHz spectrum in the United States have demonstrated that millimeter propagations for V2V communications can work well in the distance range of 100 meters, without advanced beamforming techniques.
Antigua & Barbuda
..and many more.
List of Companies Mentioned:
3GPP (3rd Generation Partnership Project)
5GAA (5G Automotive Association)
5G-Connected Mobility Consortium
A1 Telekom Austria Group
...and many more.
Ritesh Tiwari, Director
Follow us on Social Media:
Research By Markets is a Market Research Reports Online Repository. We have a huge database of syndicated market research reports that are segmented by Industry Verticals mainly - Telecommunication, Semiconductor, Electronics, Information Technology, Automotive, Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Medical Devices, Biotechnology, Energy, Power, Aerospace, Defense, Consumer Goods, Construction, Equipment and many more.
Our clientele includes Fortune listed companies who trust us to help them with their market intelligence requirements.
E/3, Ganga Homes,
Behind Bank of India,
Viman Nagar, Pune 411014
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release V2X (Vehicle-to-Everything) Communications Ecosystem expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 170% between 2019 and 2022 here
News-ID: 1671754 • Views: 663
More Releases from Research By Markets
Research By Markets - Trusted By Market Leaders
Research By Markets is a Market Research Reports Online Repository. We have a huge database of syndicated market research reports that are segmented by Industry Verticals mainly - Telecommunication, Semiconductor, Electronics, Information Technology, Automotive, Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Medical Devices, Biotechnology, Energy, Power, Aerospace, Defense, Consumer Goods, Construction, Equipment and many more. Our clientele includes Fortune listed companies who trust us to help them with their market intelligence requirements. Research By Markets being a
Global Veterinary Services Market: Size, Trends and Forecasts (2018-2022) - Rese …
The report titled "Global Veterinary Services Market: Size, Trends and Forecasts (2018-2022)", provides an in depth analysis of the global veterinary services market by value, by segments, by services, by region, etc. The report also provides a regional analysis of the veterinary services market, including the following regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and MEA. The report also assesses the key opportunities in the market and outlines the factors
Pancreatic and Bile Duct Cancer Drug Development Pipeline Review, 2018 - Researc …
Pancreatic and Bile Duct Cancer Drug Development Pipeline Review, 2018 Summary This report provides an overview of the pipeline landscape for pancreatic and bile duct cancer. It provides comprehensive information on the therapeutics under development and key players involved in therapeutic development for pancreatic and bile duct cancer, and features dormant and discontinued products. Pancreatic cancer is a disease in which malignant (cancer) cells are found in the tissues of the pancreas, a
Blood Pressure Disorders Drug Development Pipeline Review, 2018 - ResearchByMark …
"Blood Pressure Disorders Drug Development Pipeline Review, 2018" Summary This report provides an overview of the pipeline landscape for blood pressure disorders. It provides comprehensive information on the therapeutics under development and key players involved in therapeutic development for hypertension, pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) and hypotension, and features dormant and discontinued products. Hypertension, also referred to as high blood pressure, is a condition in which the arteries have persistently elevated blood pressure. Many
More Releases for V2X
Automotive V2X Communication Market: Competitive Dynamics & Global Outlook 2020- …
Global Info Research offers a latest published report on Automotive V2X Communication Analysis and Forecast 2019-2025 delivering key insights and providing a competitive advantage to clients through a detailed report. This report focuses on the key global Automotive V2X Communication Concentrate players, to define, describe and analyze the value, market share, market competition landscape, SWOT analysis and development plans in next few years. Click to view the full report TOC, figure
C-V2x Test Market to Witness Robust Expansion by 2025
LP INFORMATION recently released a research report on the C-V2x Test analysis, which studies the Electrical Cord Reels's industry coverage, current market competitive status, and market outlook and forecast by 2025. Global “C-V2x Test 2020-2025” Research Report categorizes the global C-V2x Test by key players, product type, applications and regions,etc. The report also covers the latest industry data, key players analysis, market share, growth rate, opportunities
V2X Communication Module Market : Industry Size, Share, Growth, Forecasts 2026
The Report V2X Communication Module Market Insights, Forecast to 2025 provides information on pricing, market analysis, shares, forecast, and company profiles for key industry participants. - MarketResearchReports.biz Vehicle-to-passenger (V2P) and vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V) communication through a wireless medium, and collectively known as V2X Communication. This sensor is designed to sense the vehicle’s surroundings to prevent collisions, warn potential hazards, ensure operator safety, and prevent traffic congestion. This sensor uses a wireless technology
Automotive V2X Market – Current Trends, Opportunities & Challenges by 2025
“The Latest Research Report Automotive V2X Market – Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2017 – 2025 provides information on pricing, market analysis, shares, forecast, and company profiles for key industry participants. – MarketResearchReports.biz” Vehicle to everything (V2X) is a technology that helps increase road safety by means of advanced technological improvements in automotive electronics. V2X is based on the concept of intelligent transport system (ITS) and helps
V2X Communication Module Market: Lucrative Opportunities across Globe
Vehicle-to-passenger (V2P) and vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V) communication through a wireless medium, and collectively known as V2X Communication. This sensor is designed to sense the vehicle’s surroundings to prevent collisions, warn potential hazards, ensure operator safety, and prevent traffic congestion. This sensor uses a wireless technology aimed at increasing road safety and improve traffic management and adequate to reduce environmental impact. This sensor is integrated with a processor and a RF transceiver
Automotive Vehicle-to-everything (V2X) Market Current Outlook by 2025
Global Automotive Vehicle-to-everything Market: Overview A number of studies continue to surface on a regular basis that advocate the increased adoption of connectivity in vehicles as a way of making vehicles more effective on fronts such as safety and security, fuel economy, better on-road performance, and the added benefit of preventing accidents. The rising awareness among consumers about these benefits of adding connectivity measures in vehicles along with the rising willingness