Passengers give East Midlands Trains best ever satisfaction score
· Most improved train operator in the UK
· Overall satisfaction increases by further 4%
· Significant increase in value for money, train comfort and cleanliness, and availability of staff ratings
· Satisfaction with Liverpool-Norwich services soars to 94% following investment
Passengers have given East Midlands Trains its best ever rating, with 88% of customers satisfied with their service, according to the latest National Passenger Survey results published today (26 January).
The Passenger Focus study, carried out in Autumn 2010, shows satisfaction with East Midlands Trains services has risen a further 4% year on year - the biggest improvement of any UK rail operator.
Satisfaction is up across 23 different categories, with significant increases in customer ratings on value for money, train cleanliness and comfort, and the overall station environment.
For the first time this year, Passenger Focus has published the breakdown of passenger satisfaction by route. The survey shows that overall customer satisfaction with the heavily used Liverpool-Norwich services has surged 11% year on year to a remarkable 94%.
Tim Shoveller, Managing Director for East Midlands Trains, said: “These results, which signify the best ever level of satisfaction amongst our passengers, really are representative of the huge investment we are making to improve every aspect of the passenger journey.
“With over £40 million being spent on improvements to our stations and every single one of our trains, we are confident that passenger satisfaction will continue to grow and grow.
“It is particularly pleasing that the Liverpool to Norwich route, which had historically suffered from a lack of investment and resources prior to the start of the East Midlands Trains’ franchise, has seen such a fantastic boost in passenger satisfaction. This summer will also see the delivery of additional carriages to help increase the capacity of services between Nottingham and Liverpool, which we know will help to improve satisfaction even further.
“We’re delighted with these results and would like to pay tribute to the hard work of all the team at East Midlands Trains in helping to ensure our passengers are more satisfied than even before.”
Highlights of the survey include:
· Once again, the number of passengers who said their ticket represented good value for money increased, marking a 9% year on year improvement. This is representative of East Midlands Trains’ commitment to offering its passengers the best value for money ticket through initiatives such as the new improved online Best Fare Finder and cheaper fares available when booking through the East Midlands Trains’ website.
· As a direct result of East Midlands Trains’ ongoing £30 million fleet refurbishment programme, a number of train factors showed significant improvements. Satisfaction with train cleanliness rose to 76% (a 4% year on year increase), 79% of passengers rated the comfort of the on train seating area highly (an 8% increase) and 74% said there was sufficient room for all passengers to sit/stand (a 6% increase). Passengers were also impressed with the upkeep and repair of the company’s fleet of trains, scoring a 76% satisfaction rating (also marking an 8% year on year increase).
· Satisfaction with the overall station environment increased to 77%, marking a 3% year on year increase and signifying East Midlands Trains’ ongoing £10 million investment programme which is currently delivering improvements at stations right across the network.
· East Midlands Trains’ employees continue to receive praise from passengers, with the survey showing a 10% increase in the availability of staff on train, and a 3% increase in the helpfulness and attitude of staff on train.
For a full copy of the Autumn 2010 National Passenger Survey, visit www.passengerfocus.org.uk and http://www.eastmidlandstrains.co.uk/tickets/cheaptraintickets/Pages/CheapTrainTickets.aspx
East Midlands Trains is part of Stagecoach Group plc, which also operates South West Trains, Sheffield Supertram and Manchester Metrolink – plus bus services in the UK and the US.
East Midlands Trains
This release was published on openPR.
Permanent link to this press release:
Please set a link in the press area of your homepage to this press release on openPR. openPR disclaims liability for any content contained in this release.
You can edit or delete your press release Passengers give East Midlands Trains best ever satisfaction score here
News-ID: 161503 • Views: 1215
More Releases from East Midlands Trains
East Midlands Trains teams up with Leicester City Football Club to trial new eve …
East Midlands Trains has announced that it will be trialling a new late evening service for Leicester City fans to return home after night matches at the Walkers Stadium. The new service, which will depart from Leicester at 22.22, will be trialled after the Norwich City game on Tuesday 8 March and again after the Foxes meet Crystal Palace on Tuesday 12 April. The special service will call at Syston
New First Class Lounge opens at Sheffield station
The Master Cutler joins East Midlands Trains for official opening · First ever dedicated business facility at Sheffield · Part of East Midlands Trains’ £10 million station enhancement programme Sheffield’s Master Cutler, Bill Speirs, and senior representatives from a host of the region’s key businesses joined East Midlands Trains today (Tuesday 18 January) to mark the official opening of
More Releases for Passenger
Global Passenger Boarding Bridges Market.- Forecast 2027
Global Market for Passenger Boarding Bridges is predicted to be valued at USD 595.10 Million by 2027, registering a 12.8% CAGR between 2020 and 2027. Cumulative passenger traffic, rising demand for new aircraft, and stringent aviation regulations related to safety are primarily driving the growth of the market. Also, increasing the expansion of Greenfield and brownfield airports is driving the development of the global market. For more info please get in
Headlamps (passenger) Market Professional Analysis Report 2019
A headlamp is a lamp attached to the front of a vehicle to light the road ahead. While it is common for the term headlight to be used interchangeably in informal discussion, headlamp is the term for the device itself, while headlight properly refers to the beam of light produced and distributed by the device. The global Headlamps (passenger) market was xx million US$ in 2018 and is expected to xx
Global Passenger Security Equipment Market Insights, Forecast
This report presents the worldwide Passenger Security Equipment market size (value, production and consumption), splits the breakdown (data status 2013-2018 and forecast to 2025), by manufacturers, region, type and application. Get sample copy of the report: https://www.marketdensity.com/contact?ref=Sample&reportid=60531 Table of Contents: Table of Contents 1 Study Coverage 1.1 Passenger Security Equipment Product 1.2 Key Market Segments in This Study 1.3 Key Manufacturers Covered
Passenger Boarding Bridge (PBB) Market Report 2017
Worldwide Market Reports added Latest Research Report titled “United States Passenger Boarding Bridge (PBB) Market Report 2017” In this report, the United States Passenger Boarding Bridge (PBB) market is valued at USD XX million in 2016 and is expected to reach USD XX million by the end of 2022, growing at a CAGR of XX% between 2016 and 2022. Geographically, this report splits the United States market into seven regions: The West ,Southwest
Passenger Vehicles Market in India 2017
ReportsWeb.com has announced the addition of the “Global Passenger Vehicles Market Research Report” The report focuses on global major leading industry players with information such as company profiles, product picture and specification. Publisher' latest market research report titled Passenger Vehicles Market in India 2017 states that the passenger vehicles in India is expected to reach 5.4 mn units by FY 2022, expanding at a CAGR of 12%. The passenger vehicles market
Passenger Vehicles Market in India 2017
ReportsWeb.com has announced the addition of the “Passenger Vehicles Market in India 2017” The report focuses on global major leading industry players with information such as company profiles, product picture and specification. Publisher' latest market research report titled Passenger Vehicles Market in India 2017 states that the passenger vehicles in India is expected to reach 5.4 mn units by FY 2022, expanding at a CAGR of 12%. The passenger vehicles market